Options

BODY OF WAR: advice requested

javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
To all of you:

- tell me your reasons for purchasing or not purchasing the Body of War double vinyl if you don't have it;

- or tell me why you bought that item if you have it;

- or why you didn't buy it if you passed on that oportunity;

Answer this so I can make up my mind.

Mind you, I have the No more 7" and many Masters of war versions.

Convince me.
... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Two words...

TOM WAITS.

Bang!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,390
    Great songs.
    Awesome price.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Ooh, I'm going to jump on here too. I've seen the vinyl with the red sleeve (on Amazon), and another with a cream-coloured sleeve (on the Bay). What's the difference? I've been thinking of purchasing too but haven't figured out the difference so I've done nothing (classic) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    only $9.99 here...this is where i ordered mine....

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp ... WEALP49876
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Gosh, that's a great price! But I still wanna know, how is that one different from this:

http://www.amazon.com/Body-War-Songs-In ... 8-3#disc_2

Looks like the Amazon one is only 2 LP vs 3, but I think it has all the same songs?
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Gosh, that's a great price! But I still wanna know, how is that one different from this:

http://www.amazon.com/Body-War-Songs-In ... 8-3#disc_2

Looks like the Amazon one is only 2 LP vs 3, but I think it has all the same songs?

not sure exactly...aside from the price. the one i ordered from elusive discs might be on 180gram...not sure. but it sounds great!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I wonder how come a 3-LP vinyl album costs 9.99 + shipping on Elusive Discs and a 2-LP vinyl album costs 23.02 on Amazon. Makes me wanna #killemall at Amazon.

I wonder how come it costs between 6 and 15 USD to ship a 7" from the states and only between 2 and 5 GPB to ship a 7" from the UK... but that is another different story (or not)...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    I wonder how come a 3-LP vinyl album costs 9.99 + shipping on Elusive Discs and a 2-LP vinyl album costs 23.02 on Amazon. Makes me wanna #killemall at Amazon.

no idea....maybe they're different pressings?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

no idea....maybe they're different pressings?

Elusive does say that it's a limited time offer; the regular price is $25. Please don't kill Amazon, I quite like them even if they did kill the bookstore industry in the US :?
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    the amazon and elusive vinyl sets are the same you guys. amazon just copied the cd tracklist for the vinyl listing (which they often do).
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    Amazon had one for 8.99 plus like 2.99 shipping from another vendor. It was new and stated 3 LP set.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    the amazon and elusive vinyl sets are the same you guys. amazon just copied the cd tracklist for the vinyl listing (which they often do).

Does this mean the vinyl sleeve is cream and the CD cover is red? The vinyl from elusive has a cream coloured sleeve, Amazon's is red.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    yes
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    yes

Ahhhh. I feel silly now.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :D