Options

Willing to trade my White Vinyl Backspacer for my Holy Grail

Mookie1Mookie1 Posts: 223
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
I realize that this would not be a straight up trade but it would be a start. I received my White Vinyl Backspacer yesterday. It is still unopened. I would love to make it part of a trade if anyone would have access to a 1998 Ames St. Louis poster. I know how hard these are to find but I am just taking a shot. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dukes10Dukes10 Posts: 58
    I don't have the 1998 St. Louis poster but I do have an XL White I'm Analog shirt in mint condition that I would be willing to part with to trade for the White Backspacer LP. I think that's an even trade.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    Dukes10 wrote:
    I don't have the 1998 St. Louis poster but I do have an XL White I'm Analog shirt in mint condition that I would be willing to part with to trade for the White Backspacer LP. I think that's an even trade.

Any chance you also have the limited edition tie dye version?
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Unfortunately for both of us, I already have a XL I'm Analog shirt. Would have been tempting though.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    It's so funny you ask for this trade. The St Louis poster from 1998 is my holy grail also and i would love to trade my Backspacer White Vinyl for it! Great taste my friend.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    My holy grail for sure. My HS best friend gave me his last year. Now its hanging in my studio. Happy hunting!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ 4 EverPJ 4 Ever Posts: 176
    Took me 13 years to finally get this one. I finally bit the bullet and bought it off the bay earlier this year. It had a small tear, but thanks to an excellent framing job by my neighborhood framer, you don't even see it! Of the 50 some odd PJ posters I own, this is only one of two I have had professionally framed. Love it!!
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

Total = 60 (1st: Milwaukee 7/8/95, Last: Milwaukee Next: TBD in 2015)
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,883
    PJ 4 Ever wrote:
    Took me 13 years to finally get this one. I finally bit the bullet and bought it off the bay earlier this year. It had a small tear, but thanks to an excellent framing job by my neighborhood framer, you don't even see it! Of the 50 some odd PJ posters I own, this is only one of two I have had professionally framed. Love it!!

nice!

I dont think minor tears or pinholes are a big deal as long as you dont intend to resell it. even if you do, as long as the price took the defects into account, it;s a good deal.

If I wanted a 98 or earlier poster, I wouldnt let minor defects stop me.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    That is awesome that some of you have got your hands on one. I will keep plugging away.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    PJ 4 Ever wrote:

nice!

I dont think minor tears or pinholes are a big deal as long as you dont intend to resell it. even if you do, as long as the price took the defects into account, it;s a good deal.

If I wanted a 98 or earlier poster, I wouldnt let minor defects stop me.

I just bought the '98 Atlanta poster off of EBay last week for $80. It averages around $140. The listing said it had minor edge wear and a slight crease in the middle of the poster. I just got the poster yesterday and edge wear is hardly even noticeable and the "crease" is so insignificant you can't even see it unless you look at the back of the poster. Even still, it doesn't bother me, the imperfections. I'm just glad to finally have it.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    I too bit the bullet a few years ago annd picked up the 1998 Sydney crocodile poster for around $400 on the bay... it was way too rarely seen, and it was my first show, so I just had to have it. Now it hangs proudly amongst the posters to all the other PJ/EV shows I've been to. Only collect the posters to shows I've been to. All good, except there was no EV Canberra poster... crap!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    There are 3 for sale on ebeans.
  • Options
    Thanks. Have been in touch with a few of the people on expressobeans. Hopefully we can make something happen.
  • Options
    stickman wrote:

what's ebeans? I am interested in seeing the price range.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    stickman wrote:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1631
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    stickman wrote:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1631

How do you see where there for sale? I see the price range for the past few years but the three that are available where can i find that?
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    There is a tab that says, "for sale or trade". You can contact members on the board for info about their print.