Options

What US states haven't PJ played?

richieheapsrichieheaps Posts: 182
edited September 2011 in The Porch
So far I've got: Alaska, West Virginia, New Hampshire.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    North Dakoda, South Dakoda...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,872
    North Dakoda, South Dakoda...

They played the Dakotas.

South:

06/24/98 – Rushmore Civic Center Arena: Rapid City, SD [110m]
    attendance: 8,500
    support act: Frank Black
    soundcheck: Nothingman, Indifference, Pilate (2x), Present Tense, Leatherman, Last Exit, I Got You, Rich in a Ditch (Klark Kent cover)
    set: Do the Evolution, Animal, Last Exit, Brain of J, Given to Fly, Jeremy, Faithfull, Corduroy, MFC, Not for You, Even Flow, Daughter/ (I’ve Been Tired)/(Three Little Birds), Nothingman, Leatherman, Better Man (no we are not making this up!), Immortality, new song/improv?, Go, Alive
    enc: Hail Hail, State of Love and Trust, Black, Wishlist, Rearviewmirror
    notes: The band is relaxed and in good spirits, even though they all seem to experience numerous technical problems. ‘Daughter’ is graced by a Pixies cover as a tag titled, ‘I’ve Been Tired,’ which references Lou Reed:
    “I wanna be a singer like Lou Reed I like Lou Reed Why don’t you tell me one of your biggest fears? Losing my penis to a whore with disease Excuse me please?!”
    Before the “man” trilogy, Eddie announces, “we’re gonna do something this band has never attempted before – play three songs in a row with ‘man’ in the title!” After some chat about “cowtippers,” a new song or an improv (featuring the lyrics “corner store” and “where do we go from here?” follows ‘Immortality.’ Ed makes jokes about Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse monument and Bill Gates. All in all, an energetic and powerful show, along the lines of the Utah one last Sunday.

North:

06/15/03 – Fargo Dome: Fargo, ND
    attendance: 9,473
    support act: Idlewild
    Evacuation, Drifting, Red Mosquito, Elderly Woman, I Believe In Miracles
    set: Arc, Go, Do The Evolution, Insignificance, Nothing As It Seems, 1/2 Full, I Believe In Miracles, I Am Mine, Help Help, Daughter/(Androgynous Mind), You Are, Even Flow, Better Man, Whipping, In My Tree, Thumbing My Way, Spin The Black Circle, Porch
    enc 1: Corduroy, Animal, Elderly Woman, Sleight Of Hand, Rearviewmirror
    enc 2: I Am A Patriot, Crazy Mary, Baba O’Riley
    notes: Ed is sick, drinking tea, chasing it with wine and a smoke throughout the show. Ed flubs the lyrics to ‘DTE’ and the band has to adjust, leading to an awkward moment in the mid-song. After ‘Insignificance,’ Ed points out that the reason the band are playing Fargo is Jeff Ament and the crowd responds with “Jeff” chants. Ed mentions Jeff’s family, who are supposedly in the stands stage right holding a large “Thanks, Jeff” banner. He thanks the Cohen brothers, leading to ‘NAIS.’ Ed postulates that in the 2300+ shows the Ramones played, not one was in Fargo, and thus, this is the first time this song has ever been played in Fargo, leading to ‘I Believe in Miracles.’ The ‘Daughter’ tag doesn’t quite get off the ground with the crowd, who have trouble with the call and response and Ed struggles with his throat. Mike is immersed in his ‘Even Flow’ solo, dragging it out over several minutes and the band seeming impatient with him, all staring at him with not-too-happy looks on their faces. ‘Whipping’ is introduced as “another love song, with a bondage twist to it.” ‘In My Tree’ makes its tour debut, though the band only “play the part we remember…” It’s a fairly low-key, slower and shorter version, but beautiful in its simplicity, with improvised lyrics at the end.
    It’s still growing up just like me, yeah.
    Still growing, still breathing, still avoiding dying.
    Still playing, still loving, still avoiding crying, yeah.
    As the crow flies, as the tree grows, tomorrow I’ll die.
    Something I never thought I’d know.
    Ed remarks afterward, “That was just a detour.” ‘Thumbing My Way’ is played electric rather than acoustic. Lyrics included during ‘Porch:’ “If I could take back … there’s some things I’d change …” When they return for the first encore, Ed, who noticeably has difficulty with his voice all night long, making several gestures to his throat throughout the show, apologizes for his difficulties. “I guess I was just intimidated by all of Jeff’s family. Or all the sudden it freaked me out cause I know that my family’s gonna be in Chicago in three days and I’m getting the shakes.” ‘Sleight Of Hand’ makes an odd encore appearance, with Ed noting, “… it is not the average, not the normal, we might try it.” Matt and Ed return for the second encore with Ed announcing, “Minnesota can wait. (big cheers) Half of you are from Minnesota. OK, then goodnight we’ll see you tomorrow!” The wine bottle gets passed around for ‘Crazy Mary,’ and Boom goes wild at the end. ‘Baba’ closes the show, the crowd in this small venue taking over the chorus.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,625
    Ask folks down south............
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:

I don't think Pearl Jam has skipped any of the Southern U.S. They just don't tour here anymore. But they have.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    Mississippi for sure. The only state in the deep south not to be played.
    Biloxi in 2012 though. :roll:
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:

I don't think Pearl Jam has skipped any of the Southern U.S. They just don't tour here anymore. But they have.

:shock: :cry:

TOUR THE SOUTH
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:

:shock: :cry:

TOUR THE SOUTH

I actually feel bad for the folks down South. I can't imagine how frustrated people will be when Pearl Jam announces a 2012 US tour going through Boston, NYC, Philly, etc. and skip most (or all) of the South. I appreciate that Pearl Jam isn't popular down there, but for the dedicated fans it has to suck constantly travelling to see this band.
  • Options

I actually feel bad for the folks down South. I can't imagine how frustrated people will be when Pearl Jam announces a 2012 US tour going through Boston, NYC, Philly, etc. and skip most (or all) of the South. I appreciate that Pearl Jam isn't popular down there, but for the dedicated fans it has to suck constantly travelling to see this band.

I don't know if they're not popular in the South, or if we're just not popular with them.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    I actually feel bad for the folks down South. I can't imagine how frustrated people will be when Pearl Jam announces a 2012 US tour going through Boston, NYC, Philly, etc. and skip most (or all) of the South. I appreciate that Pearl Jam isn't popular down there, but for the dedicated fans it has to suck constantly travelling to see this band.[/quote]

I don't mind the travel, I do mind being looked down on....that's how it's starting to feel. :cry:
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    They used to come to AZ on almost every tour. Nothing since 2003 in Phoenix and since the early days in Tucson.
    The better question might be about the states that haven't had a PJ show in at least a decade. We're coming up on that unfortunate milestone in Arizona :cry:
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options

I don't know if they're not popular in the South, or if we're just not popular with them.
    Hell, just among my extended group of longtime friends I can think of 10 diehard fans from my shithole town and I'd be willing to guess there's even more I've lost touch with.
    They could still tour the south with success in my opinion. Whatever, I'll just keep going to see Foo every two or three years I guess.

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    They haven't played Nebraska, but did play Council Bluffs, which is right across the river, in 2003.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    Eddie's showed did just fine in Atlanta. He even commented on how great the crowd was so I can't imagine them not being able to do SOME shows in the South. I don't think anyone expects them to play small cities but Atlanta isn't exactly a small market.
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728

I don't mind the travel, I do mind being looked down on....that's how it's starting to feel. :cry:[/quote]

It does SUCK!!!!! Eddie sold out both nights he was here a couple years ago...

Maybe Jeff is afraid to come back after he got mugged and robbed here.
  • Options
    PJ51390 wrote:

I don't mind the travel, I do mind being looked down on....that's how it's starting to feel. :cry:

It does SUCK!!!!! Eddie sold out both nights he was here a couple years ago...

Maybe Jeff is afraid to come back after he got mugged and robbed here.[/quote]
    Ed also sold out two shows in Memphis.

• Options
    Delaware?
    Vermont?
    Wyoming?
    New Hampshire?
    Rhode Island? (I think once)
    Maine?
  • Options
    mbowersmbowers Posts: 109
    ogey38 wrote:
    They haven't played Nebraska, but did play Council Bluffs, which is right across the river, in 2003.

http://www.pearljam.com/show/ranch-bowl-may-03-1992

In Omaha no less.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The #1 Pearl Jam state per capita...

DELAWARE!!!!!

fuckin pussies :lol:
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    ogey38 wrote:

In Omaha no less.

OMG. I knew that! The Ranch Bowl doesn't exist any more, so I completely forgot about it. We did get one of the early shows. Thanks for clarifying!!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    57Goldtop wrote:
    Delaware?
    Vermont?
    Wyoming?
    New Hampshire?
    Rhode Island? (I think once)
    Maine?

they played vermont and rhode island in 1991...
  • Options
    wyoming?

casper events center, june 16, 1995
    uke can save the world
  • Options
    ogey38 wrote:
    ogey38 wrote:

In Omaha no less.

OMG. I knew that! The Ranch Bowl doesn't exist any more, so I completely forgot about it. We did get one of the early shows. Thanks for clarifying!!

they also played Omaha nebraska in 1991
  • Options

looks like 5 states...

Alaska
    Mississippi
    New Hampshire
    West Virginia

and DELAWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    CB1279CB1279 Posts: 134
    Another show in Michigan would be nice. Its been since 2006. Granted there were 2 shows (Grand Rapids and Auburn Hills) and Grand Rapids was incredible. Seems like they are avoiding MI for some reason since they have been close by since 2006
  • Options
    The columbia, SC show was awesome. Not having a fan base...... there was a line for Backspacer when it was released at our record store in Charleston. Good thing I am friends with the guy who owned it!
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    They should play in DE...at the Dogfish Head Tavern ;):D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Comatose PilateComatose Pilate Maine Posts: 353
    Come back to Maine! They came here once, 15 years ago. It was my first of 33 shows. It'd be nice to not have to travel hundreds and hundreds of miles in order to see PJ. It's gotten to the point where I consider a 10 hour drive one way to see PJ as "not that far"
    1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza
    2008: Bonnaroo, Camden I&II, Hartford, Mansfield I&II
    2009: Philadelphia III&IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, New York City II
    2011: Alpine Valley I&II
    2013: Buffalo, Worcester I&II, Hartford, Los Angeles I&II
    2014: Tulsa, Lincoln
    2016: New York City I&II, Quebec City, Boston I&II, Chicago I&II
    2017: New York 
    2018: Seattle I&II, Boston I&II
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

looks like 5 states...

Alaska
    Mississippi
    New Hampshire
    West Virginia

and DELAWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, after some moderate research that's what I've come up with too. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    my2hands wrote:
    The #1 Pearl Jam state per capita...

DELAWARE!!!!!

fuckin pussies :lol:

:D

They should do what the White Stripes did a few years back and tour the states that they haven't played yet. Finally got to see them in Wilmington, DE at the Grand Opera House :mrgreen:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly