***YIELD Campaign Cincinnati 2006***

Comments

• JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    fanch75 wrote:
    I spoke with Julian earlier.

I will be purchasing NATURAL LIGHT at Thornton's on the day of the show. I will bring it in a shitty-ass foam cooler and we'll do our photo-op with 4/5 the YFC Council. We will turn this into an 8x10 and sell at future CCFA Fundraisers.

I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted. 'Night.
    Shall I bring some Yuengling out with me as well? I believe some members of the council haven't tried it yet... :)
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    You folks with the YIELD Campaign / Talk About YIELD threads make me wish I was going to be in Cincinnati this weekend.

Even if Pearl Jam doesn't play lots of YIELD tracks (yet I hope they do), you all are going to have a blast being together before, during, and after the show.

The fact that the Cincy show was rained out last tour, the band being fresh from a couple of weeks off, and the city's connection to The Who (similar to PJ & Roskilde) should make for a passionate and emotional show, no matter what gets played.

I wish you all the best on Saturday. Maybe in the afternoon you could toast all the YIELD-lovers who can't be there.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    rhinomagic wrote:
    You folks with the YIELD Campaign / Talk About YIELD threads make me wish I was going to be in Cincinnati this weekend.

Even if Pearl Jam doesn't play lots of YIELD tracks (yet I hope they do), you all are going to have a blast being together before, during, and after the show.

The fact that the Cincy show was rained out last tour, the band being fresh from a couple of weeks off, and the city's connection to The Who (similar to PJ & Roskilde) should make for a passionate and emotional show, no matter what gets played.

I wish you all the best on Saturday. Maybe in the afternoon you could toast all the YIELD-lovers who can't be there.

thanks..... and no problem with the toast!!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    grace6697 wrote:
    i know someone who died of a bean-o overdose. true story.

*ahem*

You and the ladies will be doing a "Ladies of YIELD" photoshoot. That one is separate, where ya'll make out with each other while drinking Natty & listening to YIELD.

Gracie, of course we want a pic of you with the Council. :)
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    IamMine wrote:
    I second that.... :)

Damn hooters... :D

I got pissed when Bobby took our boys to Hooters in West Virgina when he was visiting his best friend in '03:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Bobby_Melissa/boysAtHooters08-03.jpg

:rolleyes:

Don't sweat it; you're far more attractive than that WV gal (and that's not a shot at my WV ladies, for those cynical).
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    Shall I bring some Yuengling out with me as well? I believe some members of the council haven't tried it yet... :)

Bring it on out if you can! We'll tailgate at the tailgate! LOL!

I don't know how it would be to drink beer in the parking lot of the Beer Sellar/Hooters complex, but as long as I got the shot of the Council drinking Natty in (well, near) the Natti, then I'll be enthralled.
    rhinomagic wrote:

Don't forget - we're seeing Pearl Jam at the very site of the 1979 WHO tragedy, where 9 folks died in a general admission-induced stampede. As we enter US Bank Arena, we'll be literally walking the Long Road of those who died for rock & roll nearly 30 years ago.
    We'll park at the hotel and walk then...or take some sort of cab/public transport. PBW is still in the sick mode with the pregnancy, so I'm trying to accomendate her.

PBM

Look at this photo.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v105/fanch75/Pearl%20Jam%20Cincy%20OH%20062406/?action=view&current=100_1011.jpg

The Comfort Inn is very close to the foot of that yellow bridge; just on the other side of it (on "this" side of the river).
  • fanch75 wrote:
    Anyone doing anything on Friday?

LOL ya I'm seeing Pearl Jam??? You?? lol sorry had to.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    I so cant wait for this fuckin show! Im bringing like 3 friends with me and we will also be attending the pre-show party!
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    I just looked it up and PILATE has not been played since San Diego, 10-25-2000. It's about time the boys bring it back.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    I just looked it up and PILATE has not been played since San Diego, 10-25-2000. It's about time the boys bring it back.

sounds good to me... this is my only show so i am just psyched to be able to go!
    Alright folks, final push...

Here is a "email the staff" prompt for the local rock station, WEBN, 102.7 FM. It's highly convenient because you don't have to "send an email" per se, since it's just an online form on the station's website.

Tell them about how far you're coming, about the CCFA Fundraiser, and about the YIELD Campaign. Maybe if/when they do a band interview tomorrow during the day, they'll mention it:

http://www.webn.com/pages/contact.html
    double post
    fanch75 wrote:
    Alright folks, final push...

Here is a "email the staff" prompt for the local rock station, WEBN, 102.7 FM. It's highly convenient because you don't have to "send an email" per se, since it's just an online form on the station's website.

Tell them about how far you're coming, about the CCFA Fundraiser, and about the YIELD Campaign. Maybe if/when they do a band interview tomorrow during the day, they'll mention it:

http://www.webn.com/pages/contact.html

Here's what I wrote:

Hey! Just wanted to let ya'll know that there is a huge buzz about tomorrow's PEARL JAM show.

With the '03 show being flooded out, Pearl Jam's love of THE WHO (ie, the 1979 tragedy), Sunday being a day off, and the massive "YIELD Campaign" (fans have actively campaigned for months for a YIELD-heavy show at the Cincy PJ show), all eyes are pointing at Cincy.

Many hotels in the NKY and downtain area are booked. The NKY Travelodge & Comfort Inn have special "Pearl Jam" rates. This is going to be huge. Please mention this on air and let folks know about the 2006 YIELD Campaign for tomorrow night's show!
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I've added my two cents to the cause.

I don't think I sent them a press release...I sent one to the "other" station.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    fanch75 wrote:
    Here's what I wrote:

Hey! Just wanted to let ya'll know that there is a huge buzz about tomorrow's PEARL JAM show.

With the '03 show being flooded out, Pearl Jam's love of THE WHO (ie, the 1979 tragedy), Sunday being a day off, and the massive "YIELD Campaign" (fans have actively campaigned for months for a YIELD-heavy show at the Cincy PJ show), all eyes are pointing at Cincy.

Many hotels in the NKY and downtain area are booked. The NKY Travelodge & Comfort Inn have special "Pearl Jam" rates. This is going to be huge. Please mention this on air and let folks know about the 2006 YIELD Campaign for tomorrow night's show!

It is done....
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Hey all...it's me DarkStar I'm in town for the Cincy show with my friend Nagol (she doesn't really post here, but that's her board name). We're at the Comfort Suites in Newport, KY. Anyone else here yet?

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    DarkStar wrote:
    Hey all...it's me DarkStar I'm in town for the Cincy show with my friend Nagol (she doesn't really post here, but that's her board name). We're at the Comfort Suites in Newport, KY. Anyone else here yet?

ds

We are here. Just got back from Claddagh's at Newport on the Levee. Met with a couple of PJ fans, had a couple of beers, now back at the room to rest up for tomorrow!!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    I'm crushed....IN HIDING the day before the NATTI? Say it aint so, Stone....

p.s. We're up folks....can't believe it's here!
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I'm crushed....IN HIDING the day before the NATTI? Say it aint so, Stone....

I'm sitting in my Cincy hotel room - crushed like you - I can't believe they did this to me..... why, oh why??? Would they possibly do it two nights in a row? Please... please.... please...
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    I'm sitting in my Cincy hotel room - crushed like you - I can't believe they did this to me..... why, oh why??? Would they possibly do it two nights in a row? Please... please.... please...

i was listening to yield today, thinking out of all the songs, i would love to here in hiding the most.....
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I have a feeling we're gonna get a lot of Yield tomorrow night. I think definately it and the Avocado will take up the majority of the show, which is fine with me!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
    I have a feeling we're gonna get a lot of Yield tomorrow night. I think definately it and the Avocado will take up the majority of the show, which is fine with me!!

thats fine by me too!! ;)
  • mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    Someone threw a yield flyer on to the stage, mike looked at it, showed it to jeff, then sat it on his amp.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for no way, pilate, and push me pull me
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
    :)
    As the sun is on the other side of the world and the set lights dim at Pittsburgh, all eyes turn towards Cincinnati...........
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    mdg164 wrote:
    Someone threw a yield flyer on to the stage, mike looked at it, showed it to jeff, then sat it on his amp.

Are you referring to the YIELD Campaign Postcard?

If so, that is a good sign.

Sweet dreams, Cincinnati!

Get some rest, for tomorrow ye shall rock.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    mdg164 wrote:

Awesome. :D:D
  • good warm up last night...
    DTE and hiding
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.