Options

PEARL JAM TWENTY WORLD PREMIERE @ THE TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    I just went by the gala, the band was outside for only a few seconds and then straight inside surrounded by security. There were scalpers selling tickets for $40 bucks right before 2 PM.
  • Options
    I was fortunate enough to get in to the gala showing of PJ20 today after lining up for rush tickets.

Cameron came on the introduced the film and then the band - he forgot Mike at the end of the intros but the crowd chant of "Mike, Mike, Mike" reminded him! :)

I will of course not spoil things for people but I would like to express my deep gratitude to Cameron Crowe - he gets the fans and this was a complete celebration which I think will resonate with every fan.

Favourite parts:

* Stone: "And that was the birth of 'No'"

* Great footage from the band's second ever show

* Stone finding his grammy in the back of his basement

* Footage of Ed vocally wailing on a security guard!!

Bottom line - you guys will not be disappointed!! ;)
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    I was fortunate enough to get in to the gala showing of PJ20 today after lining up for rush tickets.

Cameron came on the introduced the film and then the band - he forgot Mike at the end of the intros but the crowd chant of "Mike, Mike, Mike" reminded him! :)

I will of course not spoil things for people but I would like to express my deep gratitude to Cameron Crowe - he gets the fans and this was a complete celebration which I think will resonate with every fan.

Favourite parts:

* Stone: "And that was the birth of 'No'"

* Great footage from the band's second ever show

* Stone finding his grammy in the back of his basement

* Footage of Ed vocally wailing on a security guard!!

Bottom line - you guys will not be disappointed!! ;)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Just absolutely AwESOME! So happy to have got a scalped ticket just after the band went in... And for 1/4 of what they were going for on kijiji. So worth it!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Lindsay wrote:
    Just absolutely AwESOME! So happy to have got a scalped ticket just after the band went in... And for 1/4 of what they were going for on kijiji. So worth it!

Really pumped for this movie!!!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Can't wait :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    ChefGChefG Posts: 11
    Got Tickets to the Monday noon screening. Now I can't go. Anyone want them?
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    sorry if its been pointed out already but chris cornell was there in the crowd.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    VartVart Posts: 291
    ChefG wrote:
    Got Tickets to the Monday noon screening. Now I can't go. Anyone want them?

How much?
    PJ: 8/27/00 4/29/03 9/15/05 5/12/06 6/28/08 6/30/08 8/21/09 5/15/10 5/21/10 9/11/11 9/12/11 9/14/11 10/25/13 10/27/13 10/29/13 10/30/13 8/5/16 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18
    EV: 8/09/08 8/10/08 6/08/09 6/09/09 6/18/11
  • Options
    Whatever they cost me.
  • Options
    PM Me if you are interested.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    fucking fabuolous documentary of the band

everyone will love this

so glad I got a chance to see the world premier

definitly loved the "birth of no" that footage of the gig was hilarious

and Ed coming into his own with the security guard, awesome
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    Two Thumbs Up!
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • Options
    Just got home. Still can't believe how awesome that movie was! I'm already excited for the 20th to see it again.
  • Options
    qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    The grammy scene with Stone was the best part . The minutes leading up to it were a little WTF. But it sets up the grammy scene perfectly!

Everyone will love the movie. Lots of stuff we have never seen before.
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • Options
    Also, it's really really worth it to not read any reviews or anything that anybody has written....it's totally worth it....some really really great surprises.
    **Easy for me to say having already seen it, but I avoided all things movie related until after I watched it and I'm SO glad I did.**
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    edited September 2011
    Post edited by Red Lukin on
  • Options
    One of the fortunate ones to watch the world premiere at TIFF. Awesome, is a complete understatement. Brought chills and made me tear up. True appreciation for the greatest group of guys to form a band. All of the guys got on stage before the show with Cameron Crowe. Must see for all. Can't wait for the back to back shows Sunday and Monday at the ACC. Bring it on.
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    Eddie literally wrapped around Chris during Hunger Strike was the best
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Just got back from the premiere...what a series of lucky bounces for me to even get a ticket...I won't spoil any of the movie but I can tell you, no one will be disappointed.

WHen I got there, it was 1:20 and I got in line all the way behind the building, almost back to the front it had wrapped around so far...as I was walking in, this huge white limo bus pulled up and the guys came out...I was just standing there. I didn't know what to do so I just snapped a quick pic with my phone and kept walking...

394578630.jpg

EDIT: Also, at the end of the film during the credits, there was a version of Neil Young's "Walk With Me" with Ed on vocals. Does anyone know where I can find that version? it was amazing.
  • Options
    Awesome!!!!

Thanks for sharing this pic!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    EDIT: Also, at the end of the film during the credits, there was a version of Neil Young's "Walk With Me" with Ed on vocals. Does anyone know where I can find that version? it was amazing.

Was it different than the Bridge School version? That one is on the soundtrack so I'm assuming it would be the same one. You can find it on youtube.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Better Dan wrote:

Was it different than the Bridge School version? That one is on the soundtrack so I'm assuming it would be the same one. You can find it on youtube.

It was that song but it was studio, not live...

EDIT: I'm being told it's going to be on the soundtrack...just looked and it's track 13....nice.
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    The version of Walk With Me was from the Bridge and it was live...it just sounded THAT good.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    NHiding wrote:
    The version of Walk With Me was from the Bridge and it was live...it just sounded THAT good.

god, did it ever! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:

Yeah, just checked the tracklisting on the soundtrack...Hearing it over the credits, I couldn't believe it was live...especially when you compare it to the audio on youtube...

Maybe they should be releasing Bridge School as bootlegs with parts of the proceeds going to the school...*ahem* :D
  • Options
    Does anyone know where the preshow in TO for 9-11 is, thank u.
  • Options
    loved how we got to experience the film with concert equipment sound. going to be interesting to hear the difference on September 20.
  • Options
    WOW!!!!
    I feel SO fortunate to have been able to go to the premiere today...almost makes up for not being able to go to PJ20 last weekend!
    What a fantastic movie! I'm not afraid to say that I teared up quite a few times...especially at the beginning. My fiance teared up before it even started, just from all the energy and emotion in the theatre. The girl beside her was pretty much bawling through the first 20 minutes! Crazy.

Now I'm just that much more excited for tomorrow's show! Yeah baby!!!
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003