Options

Anyone else going solo to PJ20?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Flying in on Friday from DC....still need a place to stay and will gladly pay extra, so I don't have to sleep in a car or not at all.

PM me if you can help.
  • Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    Solo outta boston.
  • Options
    Comatose PilateComatose Pilate Maine Posts: 353
    solo from Maine! So where are all the solos meeting up to grab a beer? Anyone staying in Milwaukee and taking the shuttle?
    1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza
    2008: Bonnaroo, Camden I&II, Hartford, Mansfield I&II
    2009: Philadelphia III&IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, New York City II
    2011: Alpine Valley I&II
    2013: Buffalo, Worcester I&II, Hartford, Los Angeles I&II
    2014: Tulsa, Lincoln
    2016: New York City I&II, Quebec City, Boston I&II, Chicago I&II
    2017: New York 
    2018: Seattle I&II, Boston I&II
  • Options
    Solo all the way from Melbourne, Australia
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Going Solo on Sunday from Arlington Heights, IL. Don't care either. The PJ nation is great. Love meeting people from all over the world!! I'm the old Geezer in the bunch! Just turned 50 in May, and I still rock! Saw PJ at Chicago Stadium in 94, and have been hooked since!! Can't Wait! Where will that great TG be? Would love to join everyone for a glass of red vino!! :mrgreen:
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Cubu wrote:
    Going Solo on Sunday from Arlington Heights, IL. Don't care either. The PJ nation is great. Love meeting people from all over the world!! I'm the old Geezer in the bunch! Just turned 50 in May, and I still rock! Saw PJ at Chicago Stadium in 94, and have been hooked since!! Can't Wait! Where will that great TG be? Would love to join everyone for a glass of red vino!! :mrgreen:

Howdy neighbor! :wave: Maybe we'll see you on the road on the way up, so cool of you to go alone!

To all of you going solo - I went solo to the dmb caravan this year (yeah yeah I know, but there were a ton of great bands!) and I met a bunch of people that I'm still hanging out with. I actually had a much greater time than if I had brought someone that wasn't into it, you know?

2 MORE DAYS!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Where's the Friday night Milwaukee meetup going to be?!
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    solo from Maine! So where are all the solos meeting up to grab a beer? Anyone staying in Milwaukee and taking the shuttle?

I will be on the shuttle sunday, wont be there in time to catch the saturday shuttle
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    Going solo from Queretaro, Mexico!

My sister was supposed to come with me to the destination weekend but she couldn't make it. So, i've one reserved ticket for saturday and one for sunday (ten club wristband included). Is any one interested? (write to me <!-- e --><a href="mailto:erniemm@hotmail.com">erniemm@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->).
    ernie*
  • Options
    Going solo from Indiana! Can I get a recommendation on whom to visit during the tailgate on saturday? I'm too good at wandering aimlessly so if someone can point me in a good direction I'd be much obliged.
    It's OK, It's OK...we've all seen better days

Noblesville 5/7/10, PJ20 Alpine 9/3/11- 9/4/11, MIA Philly 9/2/12, Missoula 9/30/12, Wrigley 7/19/13, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Sorta solo, I'm heading up there myself, but split my tix with another 10c person. Also, I have about 10 other people I know that will up there plus a couple of dozen people that I know from this board/ FB that I will be meeting for the first time. I'm sure I won't really be solo. in fact, nobody will be solo once they arrive.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    I found someone to go with on Saturday, but I literally cannot give away my Sunday lawn ticket. A friend who told me I could drag her along got sun poisoning a few days ago. So, I'll be alone then. I'm hoping I can make some friends on Saturday to make Sunday a bit less awkward.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    MFCarissa wrote:
    I found someone to go with on Saturday, but I literally cannot give away my Sunday lawn ticket. A friend who told me I could drag her along got sun poisoning a few days ago. So, I'll be alone then. I'm hoping I can make some friends on Saturday to make Sunday a bit less awkward.
    If you'll be around Friday you should come check out the fundraiser/pre-party. Great place to meet some fellow jammers! :D
  • Options
    MFCarissa wrote:
    If you'll be around Friday you should come check out the fundraiser/pre-party. Great place to meet some fellow jammers! :D

I'd love to, but unfortunately I'm working until 4:30 on Friday, driving 5 hours to Chicago, and crashing on a friend's couch. I'm really bummed that I have to miss it.

I'll be the curly-haired chick in the Ten Club section of the lawn with the big, orange Detroit Tigers blanket both days though. I'm bringing a frisbee, Uno, and possibly Boggle to kill some time before the main stage acts. And I'll have lots of bug spray, and possibly some delicious Michigan cherries. :)
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    solo from SoCal. I get into Milwaukee late tomorrow nite, staying at the city center hilton and heading to Alpine on the shuttle. Been on the east coast for work all week, and it just hit me that PJ20 is in less than 48 hours, so psyched (though the Glenlivet maybe enhancing my excitement).
  • Options

Hey! I'm also solo... I'm staying at the Ambassador in Milwaukee and definitely up to get a group of people together to grab a beer (or beers) on Friday night.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I'll be wandering around downtown Milwaukee myself, I love traveling solo and meeting new people, best way to even if it's still only in the US. So if you see a guy that looks like a Marcos, say hey :D
  • Options
    fanman475 wrote:

Hey! I'm also solo... I'm staying at the Ambassador in Milwaukee and definitely up to get a group of people together to grab a beer (or beers) on Friday night.
    The Ambassador Hotel, or the other one? Ambassador Hotel is excellent. Took me a minute to figure out the damn elevator though. Suppose all that alcohol didn't really help things :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Looks like I'll be coming solo now too!! ;)
    Lost in Ohio & JJHeel13 were gonna be traveling with me, but couldn't make it...
    Getting my stuff packed now and planning to hit the road around 10:30am tomorrow.
    That should get me to AV in time for the Early Ticket Pick-up and the Pre-party :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    From England. Just found out I'll be stuck in Boston over the weekend alone so thinking why not see if I can get a flight out to Chicago and go for it. Seems like tix are readily available. Fingers crossed...wasn't expecting this!
  • Options
    trolley777 wrote:
    From England. Just found out I'll be stuck in Boston over the weekend alone so thinking why not see if I can get a flight out to Chicago and go for it. Seems like tix are readily available. Fingers crossed...wasn't expecting this!
    Excellent!!! Hope you can make it! :D
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Woot woot!

I'll be at the preparty, probably wearing my PJ Red Sox shirt.

Saturday and Sunday, at the tailgates, wearing tie-dye. 8-)

Say hello, unmet friends! :lol::lol::lol:;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)