Options

Would anyone else love for the PJ20 shows to be broadcast?

fisttothejawfisttothejaw Posts: 230
edited August 2011 in The Porch
I was thinking about it as I was listening to the XM station today... I'm sure they'll be recorded, as all the shows are these days -

Why not broadcast them on the PJ station so all of us could experience it? I'd much rather be listening to the live show than a boot from 5 years ago, which is probably what the station will actually be broadcasting at the time...

Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere else in the forum.
San Diego 10/25/00
Irvine 6/03/03
Los Angeles 7/9/06
Los Angeles 7/10/06
Los Angeles 7/12/08 (VH1 Rock Honors the Who)
Los Angeles 10/01/09
Los Angeles 4/12/08 (EV solo)
Los Angeles 10/06/09
MSG 5/20/10
San Diego 7/5/11 (EV solo)
Los Angeles 11/23/13
Los Angeles 11/24/13
Sao Paulo, Brazil 11/14/15
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    Let's just hope tomorrow's AET show we get the lowdown from Tim on the PJ20 experience for those that are not attending the show. Like will it be available on Sirius and 10club Pearl Jam Radio. Plus will they offer up a live webcast of the event. If they can't do the other bands (under agreement with their respected record labels), no sweat! Please just do Pearl Jam's main set's for both nights.

Pretty please!!!!
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    demetrios wrote:
    Let's just hope tomorrow's AET show we get the lowdown from Tim on the PJ20 experience for those that are not attending the show. Like will it be available on Sirius and 10club Pearl Jam Radio. Plus will they offer up a live webcast of the event. If they can't do the other bands (under agreement with their respected record labels), no sweat! Please just do Pearl Jam's main set's for both nights.

Pretty please!!!!

Unfortunately Demetrios there is no AET show tomorrow. They're taking a pre-PJ20 break :(
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    I sincerely hope there is a broadcast, or webcast, of some kind -

...but you'd think if they were going to broadcast it on the radio station, etc, wouldn't they be advertising it by now?
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Pretty please!!!!

Unfortunately Demetrios there is no AET show tomorrow. They're taking a pre-PJ20 break :(

What the deuce!!! :shock:
    That sucks! :(
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380

...but you'd think if they were going to broadcast it on the radio station, etc, wouldn't they be advertising it by now?

Probably not - the thinking being it could hurt ticket sales...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

If they webcasted the event with a service fee they would make profit to accumulated the hurting ticket sales. Right?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    demetrios wrote:

(
    :lol::lol:
    never heard that before!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

from a purely philosophical standpoint that makes sense - but this seems like such a fan-driven event that I can't imagine someone (especially at this late stage) having the funds, proximity, and time to make the show, but deciding not to in favor of listening at home...
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

(
    :lol::lol:
    never heard that before!

Stewie from Family Guy say's it all the time. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Roscoe28Roscoe28 Posts: 56
    Agreed. Let's hope there is a webcast.....keep responding to this thread and they will listen
  • Options
    Thought i heard a promo on xm about broacasting from pj20. i hope i wasnt hearing things..
  • Options
    Roscoe28 wrote:
    Agreed. Let's hope there is a webcast.....keep responding to this thread and they will listen

We've been bumping this thread & sending them messages since the beginning of time. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156865 . And still we got bupkis. :(
  • Options
    Yeah, I had seen the webcast petition, but I thought: hey, doing it on the XM station would even be easier - no need for a special multiple-camera setup (although I'm sure that's going to be part of it, just in case they want to release a DVD later) - but we know for sure that they'll be recording, as always - and it would seem simple enough to send that feed to the satellite station...

but what do I know?
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    demetrios wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Pretty please!!!!

That sucks! :(

I was going to say 'are you sitting down demetrios?' before I broke that news to you ;)

Yeah, does suck - I hoped they would make an announcement last week. I think our chances are tick tick ticking away now. Maybe there will be a last minute surprise, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Still - we have the good old 'setlist' thread at least! :lol: (why isn't there a smiley with a gun to its head??)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    RKREKRKREK Poway, CA Posts: 102
    I saw this floating around earlier:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pj20
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Mamasan23 wrote:

from a purely philosophical standpoint that makes sense - but this seems like such a fan-driven event that I can't imagine someone (especially at this late stage) having the funds, proximity, and time to make the show, but deciding not to in favor of listening at home...

Yeah, I mean those that are wanting to go are doing so whether or not there is a webcast. By that same reasoning people would skip shows because they know they can just get the bootleg of it later. Those that go want to be there for the experience, not simply to hear or see the performance. Not once did it occur to me to skip a PJ show because I knew I could just buy the CD later. Same would go for if they were going to film it.

I wouldn't turn down a trip to space because I can just watch "The Right Stuff" at home on DVD.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    RKREK wrote:

Also keep an eye out for http://www.justin.tv/gndcd402 .

If there is alot of bandwidth /traffic it will be dropped down to exclusive USA residents only.
    No Canada loving. :(
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    I sure as hell would love if the shows were broadcast!
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    RKREK wrote:

:thumbup:
    but we need an official one, c'mon Stone you can do it!!! ;)
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    RKREK wrote:

:thumbup:
    but we need an official one, c'mon Stone you can do it!!! ;)

And isn't that some of the beauty, and kind of the point, of having your own radio station?
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13