***YIELD Campaign Cincinnati 2006***

YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
This shall be the "official" thread for the YIELD Campaign for the Cincinnati show next month. The show is June 24th and our (YIELD Fan Club) is to get as many songs from YIELD played at that show as possible. It has been recommended we send in post cards to the band to inform them of the festivities or even make t-shirts to wear to the show to promote our good cause.

***UPDATE*** Here is a link to the post card we will be sending the band. Please print it out and send it in.
http://www.yieldfanclub.com/postcard.htm

Please also see the Cincinatti CCFA pre-party or the YIELD threads for discussion on this topic as well, but this is where we will make our official requests for YIELD songs at the US Bank Arena on June 24, 2006.

If you would like to show your support to our cause, please change your sig to **YIELD CAMPAIGN 2006** - Cincinnati, Ohio

***DISCLAIMER*** This campaign is for one show only. By no means are we asking the boys to play YIELD songs every night of the tour. We realize that this is the Avocado tour and that it will be played with great regularity. We simply ask for a few more YIELD songs for this one performance.

CCFA pre-party thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=179257

YIELD thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=112630
No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Agreed. It's Settled.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    Agreed. It's Settled.

PBM

I've had a lot of free time on my hands this afternoon. :)
    I've had a lot of free time on my hands this afternoon. :)

Just this afternoon?

:D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Just this afternoon?

PBM

Guilty. This past month. ;)
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    Sounds awesome! I love the YIELD shirt idea, haha.
    "Ask me about YIELD"

PBM

JenInTheBx wrote:
    Sounds awesome! I love the YIELD shirt idea, haha.

Maybe to gain more momentum we will make YIELD tube tops. :D
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    i want in
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    Maybe to gain more momentum we will make YIELD tube tops. :D

Shit, count me out of that then. I can't wear those!
  • I'll put my John Hancock here...

Just can't make it though...

Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    The show is June 24th and our (YIELD Fan Club) is to get as many songs from YIELD played at that show as possible.

In case you haven't heard....it's 2006. There is a new album out. It's got an avocado on the front. You should check it out.

Yield came out 8 years ago. Didn't you catch any shows back then?

While we're at it....let's petition that Chevrolet bring back the 1998 model of the Lumina. Now, that was a sturdy car!
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • BeerBaron wrote:

I am dying to hear All Those Yesterdays, No Way and Pilate.

Brain of J, DTE & GTF are among the best live songs in their catalogue and In Hiding is just pure beauty.

Right fuckin on.

Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
    Milestone wrote:
    In case you haven't heard....it's 2006. There is a new album out. It's got an avocado on the front. You should check it out.

Yield came out 8 years ago. Didn't you catch any shows back then?

While we're at it....let's petition that Chevrolet bring back the 1998 model of the Lumina. Now, that was a sturdy car!

Make it a CAMARO and you've got a deal. We like YIELD, we want YIELD. If you don't like it, go to Pittsburgh. ;)
    Milestone wrote:
    Let's petition that Chevrolet bring back the 1998 model of the Lumina. Now, that was a sturdy car!

That was a solid automobile.

PBM

Maybe I should rent a CAMARO to drive to the show. But then I'd have to drive it back after drinking, not a good idea. Hmm...quite the conundrum.
    My only concern for this show is that PBW will be 12 weeks pregnant.

Am I a terrible father-to-be for taking my expecting wife to a Pearl Jam show?

PBM

My only concern for this show is that PBW will be 12 weeks pregnant.

Am I a terrible father-to-be for taking my expecting wife to a Pearl Jam show?

PBM

Gotta start the kid out at an early age. Plus you want HIM to be there in utero for all of the YIELD songs that will be played. :D
    BUMP since Fanch can focus on this with me now. :)
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    i have a concern to voice but i don't want to get abused about it. can we declare some immunity please before i continue?

thanks,
    the management.
    take your money and your drugs.
    grace6697 wrote:
    i have a concern to voice but i don't want to get abused about it. can we declare some immunity please before i continue?

thanks,
    the management.

You may proceed.

YIH, YFCGC
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    Make it a CAMARO and you've got a deal. We like YIELD, we want YIELD. If you don't like it, go to Pittsburgh. ;)

Hands down my favorite post in this thread.

YIELD was made in 1998, and 8 years later it's still the greatest fucking album ever made. So, yeah, we fucking want to hear a shit ton of YIELD songs played in the 'Natti.

And for the record, we're getting "No Way". I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
    RockKing wrote:
    Hands down my favorite post in this thread.

YIELD was made in 1998, and 8 years later it's still the greatest fucking album ever made. So, yeah, we fucking want to hear a shit ton of YIELD songs played in the 'Natti.

And for the record, we're getting "No Way". I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life.

Well said, my friend. Why even bring up Luminas? CAMARO is the automobile of YIELD. We need to get the YIELD signs printed up soon to send to the 10c. Maybe a petition would work....
    Well said, my friend. Why even bring up Luminas? CAMARO is the automobile of YIELD. We need to get the YIELD signs printed up soon to send to the 10c. Maybe a petition would work....

Honestly, who compares YIELD to a Lumina? But you're right about the signs/petition....June 24th will be here before we know it.

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
    You may proceed.

YIH, YFCGC

ok. well, it goes without saying that the Natti and yield have some intrinsic, cosmic, total and utter relationship. i am not calling this into question nor taking away from its legitimacy. BUT...are we sure that THEY know about the yield/Natti connection?

in practical terms what i'm asking is this...am i considering a midwest show just on the theory that i'm getting a whole boatload of yield??

discuss.
    grace6697 wrote:
    ok. well, it goes without saying that the Natti and yield have some intrinsic, cosmic, total and utter relationship. i am not calling this into question nor taking away from its legitimacy. BUT...are we sure that THEY know about the yield/Natti connection?

in practical terms what i'm asking is this...am i considering a midwest show just on the theory that i'm getting a whole boatload of yield??

discuss.

"No Way" WILL be played. It came to me in a dream.

RockKing wrote:
    "No Way" WILL be played. It came to me in a dream.

my friend and i held up a YES WAY TO NO WAY sign last night. stone saw it, loved it, and acknowledged it. it is not happening though. as much as my yieldlovingheart wants it to be true.
    grace6697 wrote:
    my friend and i held up a YES WAY TO NO WAY sign last night. stone saw it, loved it, and acknowledged it. it is not happening though. as much as my yieldlovingheart wants it to be true.

Oh ye of little faith. Some people also said "Leash" would never be played again, and now the band seemingly can't stop playing it. My dreams have powerful skills of prognostication.

grace6697 wrote:

Kudos on the sign, though. YES WAY TO NO WAY - Cincinnati 2006

grace6697 wrote:

discuss.

You have to put in the work, hence the reason for this thread. We need to come up with a plan for this so the gentlemen know what we are trying to accomplish.
    RockKing wrote:
    Kudos on the sign, though. YES WAY TO NO WAY -
    Cincinnati 2006

my pleasure. i'll bring it back again soon. the boys need reminders.
    You have to put in the work, hence the reason for this thread. We need to come up with a plan for this so the gentlemen know what we are trying to accomplish.

it's $508 for two tickets into the Natti. this is looking less and less likely.