Options

'job creators' aka rich folk

2»

Comments

• Options
    [

Who owns the companies that produce those consumer goods? Those diabolical "rich people."

Well actually... no. Most of those huge companies are owned by stock holders, many of whom aren't "rich."

And it's not the rich people who are keeping those companies in business. Or are you unable to understand that it's not the super-rich 1% who are BUYING all those consumer goods? A business won't STAY in business if there is no business to be done.

AND if the poor and middle class aren't able to buy things... they're not going to spend money. And those companies will go under.

Are you incapable of understanding such a simple concept?

I was preparing to prove you wrong yet again until I read the last line of your tirade. I refuse to debate anyone who stoops to condascending me.

Bye.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    I was preparing to prove you wrong yet again until I read the last line of your tirade. I refuse to debate anyone who stoops to condascending me.

Bye.

Oh Delta... after your "Diabolical Rich" comment or...
    Damn capitalists. Long live the proletariat!

:lol::lol::lol:

...you're in no position to complain about "condescending" anything.

And no, you were not about to "prove me wrong" at all. Just repeat another talking point that you knew would get shot down.
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:
    RFTC wrote:
    I think revenues have decreased to 14% not because we need to raise taxes, but because we are in a recession. Less people spending money/being employed = less revenues collected. Just raising the taxes on an economy that is already in a depression won't yield the increase in revenues that so many people believe it will.

good points, i never wrote nor advocate just raising taxes. hell, i hate them and look for every legal deduction possible. i do feel that asking select classes of our population to bear majority of pain is a problem. i do take issue w/ANY discussion of limiting tax loopholes for the wealthiest class being offlimits or a 'dealbreaker' in dealing w/this mess.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with your assessment here.