CALGARY!!!!!

Comments

• RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    No train, unsure of buses from there, but there sure are a lot of cabs! Haha sorry cannot be of more help.

Just looked at tickets for this show and the only thing coming up are pairs labelled behind the stage (although behind side stage).
  • nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 484
    No train, unsure of buses from there, but there sure are a lot of cabs! Haha sorry cannot be of more help.

Just looked at tickets for this show and the only thing coming up are pairs labelled behind the stage (although behind side stage).

if stuck for time take a cab,... they just started a bus route to airport, but options and times are limited.
    If you're hoteling it anywhere near the train route, you're fine,... train stops at Saddledome.
  • moonstepsmoonsteps Posts: 51
    I am in. 197xxx
    In 2005, I was 7th row ish.
    "Like a cloud dropping rain...I'm discarding all thought"
  • nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 484
    nc_jammer wrote:

if stuck for time take a cab,... they just started a bus route to airport, but options and times are limited.
    If you're hoteling it anywhere near the train route, you're fine,... train stops at Saddledome.

Calgary Airport bus route would take you to closest train station in NE Calgary, you then make your way to saddledome, would require a train change-over. Website says pickup approx every 20-30 min at airport.

Technically, could easily be done.
    I don't think the cab fair I'd save by doing this would be worth the heart palpitations!
  • durkin09durkin09 Posts: 36
    I'm in!

405XXX
    CANADIAN CONTENT

13/09/2005 - 9/05/2006 - 10/05/2006 - 24/06/2008 - 25/06/2008 - 12/08/2008 (Eddie) - 13/08/2008 (Eddie) - 8/21/2009 - 21/09/2011 - 23/09/2011

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    276,000 and I think I was around 12th row Mike M. side....maybe farther back but I cant remember
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    nc_jammer wrote:
    nc_jammer wrote:

Calgary Airport bus route would take you to closest train station in NE Calgary, you then make your way to saddledome, would require a train change-over. Website says pickup approx every 20-30 min at airport.

Technically, could easily be done.
    I don't think the cab fair I'd save by doing this would be worth the heart palpitations!
    technically teh show doesn't start til like 8... so i'd have probably 2.5 hours if nothing gets delayed.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • TriggerTrigger Posts: 15
    I'm in!! Member 281XXX. Hitting the Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton shows!
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    223xxx coming in from Virginia for the last four shows. Never been to western Canada before and can't wait to see your beautiful part of the country.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I'll be there. 165xxx.
  • dccrash23dccrash23 Posts: 160
    So in!! 450XXX Can't wait!!!
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Calgary 21/09/11
    Edmonton 23/09/11
  • DS112041DS112041 Posts: 79
    I'm in! 264XXX, in '05 was in row 14 or 15, almost dead center. So freakin stoked!! :D:D
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    They played a pretty good setlist last time in Calgary
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    rb115565 wrote:
    They played a pretty good setlist last time in Calgary
    Indeed! Oceans and Sleight of Hand :thumbup:

441xxx

Doing Winnipeg west, all 10c except for Edmonton
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    haffajappa wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:
    There is a great high speed train that goes from the airport to downtown waterfront. It takes 25 mins to get from airport to downtown. Then you take #14 Hastings bus to venue. Total travel time should be about an hour depending on schedule and timing of buses. There is a web site that you can type in destinations and you get the trip planned for you, closer to the date you get bus times. Google BC Trans Link.
    Thanks for the info....................... but I meant when I arrive in Calgary :lol::lol:
    I was like, WTF... Calgary has a Waterfront?!

Anyways, getting from SFU bby to YVR will be a different story, as my plans are to go to class in the morning and transit to YVR by 1ish to get a 3:00 flight. Will be close, maybe I should just skip class that day too :?

Ha! Ha! reading too many threads, forgot where I was posting! We have a waterfront now...a little flooding going on!
    Transit from the Calgary airport is estimated at 88 minutes...our transit sucks...and we do not have a ring road...none of it is finished! Cabs will cost a fortune. I got nothing, for you...maybe find a fellow fan on the plane and share a cab...or there might be some kind of express that will take you downtown, then it is a short LRT ride to the dome. If you stay downtown there might be a shuttle for that hotel. Calgary is my town, and I will gladly tell you it sucks to get around it! Try this link for transit http://tripplanning.calgarytransit.com/
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Where you peeps coming from? I'll pick ya's up. Just buy me a beer at the pub in return. :)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    guitar59 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    guitar59 wrote:
    There is a great high speed train that goes from the airport to downtown waterfront. It takes 25 mins to get from airport to downtown. Then you take #14 Hastings bus to venue. Total travel time should be about an hour depending on schedule and timing of buses. There is a web site that you can type in destinations and you get the trip planned for you, closer to the date you get bus times. Google BC Trans Link.
    Thanks for the info....................... but I meant when I arrive in Calgary :lol::lol:
    I was like, WTF... Calgary has a Waterfront?!

Anyways, getting from SFU bby to YVR will be a different story, as my plans are to go to class in the morning and transit to YVR by 1ish to get a 3:00 flight. Will be close, maybe I should just skip class that day too :?

Ha! Ha! reading too many threads, forgot where I was posting! We have a waterfront now...a little flooding going on!
    Transit from the Calgary airport is estimated at 88 minutes...our transit sucks...and we do not have a ring road...none of it is finished! Cabs will cost a fortune. I got nothing, for you...maybe find a fellow fan on the plane and share a cab...or there might be some kind of express that will take you downtown, then it is a short LRT ride to the dome. If you stay downtown there might be a shuttle for that hotel. Calgary is my town, and I will gladly tell you it sucks to get around it! Try this link for transit http://tripplanning.calgarytransit.com/
    There's a new bus route that goes from the Memorial C train station to the airport I think. (And vice versa)
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
    thanks for the help guys.
    i'm hesitant on buying my ticket (i want to buy it now during the sale) but not sure if i'm cutting it too close! :S
  • RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Dude just get a cab and your will be downtown in a half hour.

Our PT sucks in this city something bad and this bus to LRT stuff will take you too long, bite the bullet and request a straight up fare with the cabbie to take you downtown. You will be fine if your plane makes it on time, drop your stuff off, take the C-Train to Victoria Park Station go down 17th for drinks if you have time or go straight to the 'Dome.

Or take up buddy's advice above and get a ride from a fellow PJ friend, hell I would help you out if I did not have to work and run back home to return downtown...ha-ha.
  • coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Doing Calgary, Edmonton and Van. Can hardly wait :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    10c #415XXX

Woohoo I can collect that beer....kidding of course :lol:

I'm in for Winn, Sask, Calg, Edm
    122xxx
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    Is it just me or is your avatar picture extremely inappropriate.

EXTREMELY!!!

hahahahahaahahahaaaaa.....aaahhhhhh.
    hot dog
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    No one has consolidated the list so I went ahead and did it....I know everyone here likes to have an idea where they stand. I'm going to message it to Andy Dick and hopefully he'll update his first post with the list.

wolfbear 85xxx
    SV2828 91xxx
    coachchris 122xxx
    HardtoIMAGINE2007VIC 145xxx
    bootlegger10 165xxx
    juliefer 176xxx
    halv 178xxx
    AC41750 180xxx
    Drowned Out 187xxx
    NWOntario 193xxx
    moonsteps 197xxx
    Andy Dick 215xxx
    Bird889 223xxx
    DS112041 264xxx
    yield6 276xxx
    DavidG 281xxx
    Trigger 281xxx
    TG128725 284xxx
    prljamgirl 288xxx
    rb115565 293xxx
    JW167678 323xxx
    RockinInCanada 326xxx
    righteousbabe 357xxx
    Brother of Ames 407xxx
    ty9969 415xxx
    Gibson 425xxx
    Mudfest 297xxx
    rratzey 347xxx
    genevieve 350xxx
    durkin09 405xxx
    guitar59 410xxx
    uninnocent 412xxx
    I Cant Believe Its Ledbetter 415xxx
    Fifthelement 415xxx
    Dru_Cortez 425xxx
    adelday 437xxx
    Steph T 440xxx
    zebra77 440xxx
    nothingman4 441xxx
    sling 445xxx
    dccrash23 450xxx
    bm183103 462xxx
    Crazy Chihuahua 462xxx
    Lordchezz 464xxx
    yellowledbettermanofthehour 469xxx
    arcanitestudios 470xxx
    coachchris wrote:
    Doing Calgary, Edmonton and Van. Can hardly wait :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    10c #415XXX

Woohoo I can collect that beer....kidding of course :lol:

I'm in for Winn, Sask, Calg, Edm
    122xxx
    Oh gosh fifth... how many beers did you bet?!
  • JM56394JM56394 Posts: 10
    In for Calgary and Edmonton, NYC I, all ten club

10C #196,XXX. All Floor tickets thus far.

In 2005, Row 5 centre in Calgary, Row 4 END in Edmonton. Row 5 Centre for Vedder in Vancouver 2008.
    Last Gorge show row 20-22 (aprox-damn it was hot that day!), Key Arena 2009 row 23 Floor first night, wings second night.

The Edmonton show in 2005 was difficult to see Ed as everyone in front of us was tall, even tho I'm 6'0".
    Wish we were on the wings for that one...... Even with row 4, seriously seat 40 or 41

There are some awesome low fan club numbers on these lists, I think I've been a paid member for 9 or 10 years.
  • adeldayadelday Posts: 21
    What do you figure the ratio is of members going to members who actually post on the board? 3:1, 4:1??
  • I have no idea but i would guess 3:1.
  • PJSongRefPJSongRef Posts: 26
    416xx coming from edmonton, going to edm/calg shows.

I'm tall 6'6" so sorry in advance to any 10clubbers I block.
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    PJSongRef wrote:
    416xx coming from edmonton, going to edm/calg shows.

I'm tall 6'6" so sorry in advance to any 10clubbers I block.
    + THAT
    is why the gf will be in the stands
    while I'm braving the tall n' short
    on the floor.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Andy DickAndy Dick Posts: 105
    I think the ratio is more like 100:1, at least
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I am 402XXX
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009