Options

*WINNER* Spin The Black Circle CD Single!

SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,940
edited May 2011 in Lost Dogs
Inspired by mfc2006 and that I just picked up the 7" I'm passing on my CD version of Spin The Black Circle.

Just post in here who the first band/act was you saw live and some thoughts on the gig.

spintheblackcirclemediu.jpg

Oooh, just noticed the case has a small crack in it so I'll throw in the Who You Are CD Single too!

Errrr, will close this Friday afternoon - forgot to mention that bit, be gentle with me its my first time...

!!!!WINNER!!!!

sdriscol29

The dog avatar had no sway on the judges... ;)
Nature drunk and High
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 1,062
    cool giveaway!

Have them both, so I'll leave the chance to others ;)
    Btw, my first gig experience was Bruce Springsteen in Rome when I was only 16!
    My absolute immersion into rock music! :D

thanks and good luck everyone!
  • Options
    HarvtronHarvtron Posts: 148
    The first musician/band I saw was James Taylor when I was 5. Around the same time I also saw Sting and Liza minnelli. None of these were by choice, my parents had no one to watch me, so I was brought along. The first band I saw by choice was Pearl Jam on June 19 2008 in Camden New Jersey. I was blown away by not only the band but also by the fans. The whole experience was sick!
    By the way, now that I appreciate music a lot more then I did when I was 5, I do not have a problem that I saw James Taylor, Sting and Liza. I think it was pretty cool that I did.
    Camden NJ night 1 6/19/2008 (one of the best days of my life!)

Music is the engine to my Imagination and Pearl Jam is the fuel for that engine.
  • Options
    cool thanks!
    First concert was Stone Temple Pilots-It was great, very much enjoyed it and even got a little contact high!
  • Options
    my first was van halen 1984. they had been my favorite group for years and my mom let me go as long as my older brother would watch me. ha. he was the legal drinking age at the time. so a few beers on the way, met some friends during the opening act. puff. puff. pass- ed out. my brother sat me in a hallway with a soda. when i woke up i heard the last song from there and was time to go. it was still a great night.

thanks for the chance
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    3 dog night, my parents took me and i was like 7 or 8 so i don't really remember details. i remember it was in a big open field and everyone had blankets on the ground. it was very laid back.
  • Options
    sdriscol29sdriscol29 Posts: 69
    I first saw Neil Diamond when I was 12, parents took me. Wasn't that bad. First concert I actually chose to see was Korn, Staind, Powerman5000, and Papa Roach. Later that year I went to the first Summer Sanitarium Metallica tour. I have seen them 7 times since.
  • Options
    My first show was Allman Bros. Band at Nautica in 96. It was a great show! Went with my buddy I haven't seen in years and his dad. We got to see Dicky Betts and Warren Haynes on that tour!
    Gund Arena - Apr 25, 2003
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 20, 2006
    Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007
    Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Nationwide Arena - May 06, 2010
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    great giveaway!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i gotta give something away soon cause i already got a dissident single off of mfc..(which my ex ganked still working on that sorry).

first concert i went to was wu tang and rage at the palace in detroit. i was 15 and ended up first row stage left. the seats behind the stage were roped off but every now and then some brave soul would get into those sections, take a running start and leap down probaly 20 ft. a lot of them made it past security and stage diving. since there was a gap between me and the stage i could see down into the backstage and witness every dude that didn't make get the living shit kicked out of them. it was pretty bad. we all started chucking water bottles at them. i thought i was pretty cool.
    the show itself was amazing. during wu tang my buddy caught a water bottle from Raekwon and then rage was absoluetly amazing. Zack de la Rocha was so pissed it was hilarious.
    after the show we hung out for a bit and U-God and Raekwon came up to us, shook our hands and shot the shit. pretty cool considering i was just a nerdy lil white boy.
    good times
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    spin doctors in the early 90's at riverside park....it was epic.

thanks
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Hall & Oates 1985 Detroit, Joe Louis Arena. Til Tuesday opened, I was in seventh grade and couldn't wait to wear my concert t-shirt to school, the next day. :D Good times!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    EddieMcCreadyEddieMcCready Posts: 337
    it was marilyn manson or garth brooks, haha um i think this was back in 97-98 im not sure but garth was central park and i think manson was idk it was somewhere in NJ both were great

Thanks for the Shot :D
    "THEY USE FORCE TO MAKE YOU DO WHAT THE DECIDERS HAVE DECIDED YOU MUST DO!" ~ Zach De La Rocha

..And away.. we go!
    MSG 5/20/2010
    MSG 5/21/2010
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    My first show was 1983, Kenny Rogers. At the time it was the greatest moment in my life. Now not so much.
    Thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    jhatheway51jhatheway51 Posts: 49
    My first concert that I actually went on my own was Garbage and Smashing Pumpkins in 1996. Just wish the pumpkins didnt go south since then.
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    Bruce Sptringsteen - it's Bruce so it was amazing!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    Thanks for the opportunity.

My first show was Foreigner in 2006. I have seen about 300 shows since then. It was a young singer and not the awesome Lou Gramm. Mick Jones was the only original member. But Jason Bohnam was on drums. Overall it was ok. Played all the good ones. My favorite "Urgent" was great. The young singer kept his energy the whole show. I would go if they came around again.
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    It's a shame but... i don't remember :o For sure it was one of my favourite polish bands,but honestly,i don't remember... :(
    Can i still enter the competition? 8-);)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    The first band I saw live was New Kids on the Block.....no shame here, I was like 13 when they played the Spectrum in Philly!
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    Some 'interesting' first gigs here :lol:

Keep em coming, last day for this one - I'll announce the winner around 5pm UKTIME (unless I get stuck in a meeting)...!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The Cure - Athens 1985,i got this ,dont put me in the hat :)
    thanks and good luck to all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Bump for winner sdriscol29! PM me your address when you get a chance.

Thanks all for playing and have a wonderful weekend!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    sdriscol29sdriscol29 Posts: 69
    Bump for winner sdriscol29! PM me your address when you get a chance.

Thanks all for playing and have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you so much for the opportunity, I can not believe I won. I have sent you my info. Thanks again for the opportunity, very grateful.
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 1,062
    Congratz sdriscol29 :clap: