Options

Rare Three Fish songs

MohabMohab Posts: 310
edited October 2008 in The Porch
I am majorly into Three Fish, have yet to track down the double lps. Could someone please give me a bit of info on the three extra tracks on either of them? So far google is not helping me. i would love to know the names of the songs and possibly any info you could share. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm a big fan of Three fish as well.

The only single that I have is "Laced" and there are no extras on it :( but it has a pretty sweet album cover, that was done by the Ames Brothers and Jeff.

Artwork by: Ames Bros
    Paint by: Ament
    "I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

"No, it was cordless."
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of Three fish as well.

The only single that I have is "Laced" and there are no extras on it :( but it has a pretty sweet album cover, that was done by the Ames Brothers and Jeff.

Artwork by: Ames Bros
    Paint by: Ament

That is a fine single, could have had an extra song or two but cool nevertheless. I think finding three new songs circa the first album would be a major bonus, that was a golden disc/era.
  • Options
    I have both of the Three Fish albums on vinyl. They're both double 12 inches in gatefold sleeve. Unfortunately, they are in storage. Fortunately, before I put them into storage (I'm Australian but have been living in Ireland for 7 years), I transferred thoe extra songs from the first album onto a cassette, then I later transferred them to my laptop and iPod. I can't recall much about The Quiet Table, except I didn't like it much. I can't remember if the vinyl of that had bonus tracks either. I think if it did, I would have put them onto a cassette, too. But I only have the bonus tracks for the first LP on the iPod.

They are:

Can I Come Along (approx 3 mins 20 secs)
    The Easy Way (approx 4 mins 40 secs)
    If Miles Were Alive (approx 1 min 16 secs)

I can upload them for you to Megaupload or something, but I don't think I'll have time until early December. Feel free to remind me via PM in November if you like, unless it's not cool with the moderators, of course.

Can I Come Along: opens with a bluesy, Hendrix-y guitar intro, and continues in that vein with drums after the first few bars. A few bars after the drums kick in, the vocal starts. The chorus is just the words: 'can I come along' repeated. Just one vocal at first, then repeated with some vocal harmonies. 2nd verse opens with 'no-one to pray for...'

The Easy Way: The best of the three bonus tracks. Sounds more like the rest of the album. Has a dark feel, with a heavy, but slow, guitar chorus. Lots of ebb and flow in the song, the tension rising up and up with the music and vocals. Most of the vocal is just him singing 'the easy way'. Has a bluesy guitar solo, almost like a short Mike Mc Cready solo.

If Miles Were Alive: a short, jazzy instrumental. Heavy on the synth (!) Pretty much useless and a waste of good vinyl.

Hope this helps.

Randall
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    I have both of the Three Fish albums on vinyl. They're both double 12 inches in gatefold sleeve. Unfortunately, they are in storage. Fortunately, before I put them into storage (I'm Australian but have been living in Ireland for 7 years), I transferred thoe extra songs from the first album onto a cassette, then I later transferred them to my laptop and iPod. I can't recall much about The Quiet Table, except I didn't like it much. I can't remember if the vinyl of that had bonus tracks either. I think if it did, I would have put them onto a cassette, too. But I only have the bonus tracks for the first LP on the iPod.

They are:

Can I Come Along (approx 3 mins 20 secs)
    The Easy Way (approx 4 mins 40 secs)
    If Miles Were Alive (approx 1 min 16 secs)

I can upload them for you to Megaupload or something, but I don't think I'll have time until early December. Feel free to remind me via PM in November if you like, unless it's not cool with the moderators, of course.

Can I Come Along: opens with a bluesy, Hendrix-y guitar intro, and continues in that vein with drums after the first few bars. A few bars after the drums kick in, the vocal starts. The chorus is just the words: 'can I come along' repeated. Just one vocal at first, then repeated with some vocal harmonies. 2nd verse opens with 'no-one to pray for...'

The Easy Way: The best of the three bonus tracks. Sounds more like the rest of the album. Has a dark feel, with a heavy, but slow, guitar chorus. Lots of ebb and flow in the song, the tension rising up and up with the music and vocals. Most of the vocal is just him singing 'the easy way'. Has a bluesy guitar solo, almost like a short Mike Mc Cready solo.

If Miles Were Alive: a short, jazzy instrumental. Heavy on the synth (!) Pretty much useless and a waste of good vinyl.

Hope this helps.

Randall

Thank you so much, I'll drop aline in Dec. I always pay for c.d.s but these are out of print big time, not that i wont try to buy them in the mean time. Great to know what they are all about, again thanks.

Quiet table wasnt as good, but it has its moments. I think there are three on that lp (extra songs) but I was really interested in the first one more myself.
    Id like to see a third album, but it doesn;t look too good from what ive heard.
  • Options
    Actually, I might be able to get the songs online quicker than that. Let me check if I have the songs on a DVD. I might have put them vinyl-->cassette-->laptop-->DVD for back up. If I have them on a DVD, (and the more I think about it, the more I think I do), I could probably get 'em online for you tomorrow. If I don't, I'll have to do an iPod hack, and that'll take a while to get round to doing (which is why I originally said December). Can you PM me tomorrow please, in case I lose this thread? Thanks.

Randall
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    SeaTut73SeaTut73 Posts: 458
    Mohab wrote:
    I am majorly into Three Fish, have yet to track down the double lps. Could someone please give me a bit of info on the three extra tracks on either of them? So far google is not helping me. i would love to know the names of the songs and possibly any info you could share. Thanks in advance.

enjoy.

If Miles Were Alive....mp3 (1.77 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCH4DPHP

Can I Come Along_.mp3 (4.76 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=699JS2GD

The Easy Way.mp3 (6.57 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2ATS1YIH

Let It Go.mp3 (5.04 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W8YEKD7K

Landmine.mp3 (3.96 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DXQE7AC4

Stand Under.mp3 (7.27 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=53FTSBKP
    --a--

i'm like an opening band for the sun...
    www.archive73.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Mohab wrote:
    Quiet table wasnt as good, but it has its moments. I think there are three on that lp (extra songs) but I was really interested in the first one more myself.
    Id like to see a third album, but it doesn;t look too good from what ive heard.

You are correct re: The Quiet Table vinyl having 3 extra tracks. Just found my old list of PJ and related vinyl and it's listed there as having them. Maybe they are backed up on the DVD, if it exists! They are listed thus:

(E267652) Three Fish; self titled double 12” album with 3 bonus tracks (bonus tracks not on CD/tape)
    (E2 69964) Three Fish; ‘The Quiet Table’ double 12” album with 3 bonus tracks (bonus tracks not on CD/tape)

But I see someone has sorted the issue, so I'll fuck off now *winks*
  • Options
    Thank you both very much. All the best.