Options

FOR FREE: 2006 Crash Bison Hoodie

TransplantedNewfTransplantedNewf Posts: 805
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Thanks to everyone!

The "winner" was Bobasfeet!

I hope everyone keeps up the good deeds because there's always good karma around the corner for those who do! :)

Alright, here's the deal.

I've seen enough of people geting gouged by fellow fans on here, selling posters, hoodies, and vinyls. I know how much i paid for this hoodie and yeah, i know it can go for doube or more on eBay.
Frankly, i don't give a shit.
I don't want to screw someone just for some cash.
In fact, i'll even pay for shipping.

It's xxl. I've never worn it. (i've put it on and decided it was way too big for me) Smoke free home. I've got a cat that gets into everything so i'm sure there's a few hairs on it.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1601/759861/11901127/330772310.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1601/759861/11901127/330772309.jpg

Just reply to the thread and tell me something nice, REALLY nice that you've done for a fellow fan.

I'll read through and pick somone later today. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm not interested in trying to get this hoodie, just because it is too big for me, but I wanted to let you know that this is extremely cool and generous of you. Very awesome.
  • Options
    well i threw a free poster contest and gave it to a guy who was trying to raise money for bone marrow research (his friends son needs a transplant)

and i was so moved by some of the responses i also gave away 3 consolation prizes to 3 different people for free...and i paid for all the shipping too :)

(i'm also planning a Christmas give away...stay tuned :))
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    very cool of you-especially with all the sales
    REALLY nice?

Hooked up more than a couple fans with tix to shows-and tried to give away my hartford 08 seats-but the taker refused.

but I doubt that rises to a worthy level
    KUDOS

I would just add that josevolution has been more than generous with his tix and other kind offerings!
  • Options
    JasonTeckJasonTeck St. Louis, MO Posts: 179
    Cool sweatshirt...would love to have it! My best friend is a huge PJ fan, but she lives in California. She could not make it to the Chicago Eddie show with me so I got her all three posters from the show; also both Lollapalooza posters.

Also we have been PJ fans from the start. Well as early as we could...being from Missouri does not put you in contact with a lot of cutting edge music : ) Anyway back in the day I use to always buy two copies of magazines and stuff like that just to make sure she got them.

Lastly I am trying to raise the next generation of PJ fans by making sure my kids are well educated in all things PJ! I know it is not much but I am trying to do what I can.
    1992 - Lollapalooza - St. Louis
    1994 - St. Louis
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza - Chicago
    2008 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - Eddie Vedder Solo - St. Louis
    2014 - St. Louis
    2016 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
    2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago
    2022 - St. Louis & Oklahoma City
    2023 - Chicago N1 & N2
  • Options
    It is very nice of you to offer the hoodie for free.

I gave an Italy 06 poster to a fan after his was ruined in a basement flood. I've donated other posters and vinyls and bootlegs to various charities.

I gave away tickets to both Cincy 06 and Ed Chicago night 1 and night 2 for free.

I'm sure there are many people here that are worthy of this great gift, but I have always wanted this hoodie and can never afford to buy it. It would mean a great deal to me.
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    My boyfriend took the one I just bought from another fan not long ago, but I don't mind because I made him listen to PJ so much that he turned into a fan and it makes me smile to see him wear it. =)))

Peace and Love,

Sue
    Just me
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    totally sweet offer :) so wut the hell, ill try my luck!

it may not seem like much but i dedicated my youtube channel to pj fans. uploading 300+ videos isnt a real easy task as each video takes about 30 minutes to get up because there are alot of things going on backstage ;) in addition ive sent out many presents to fellow pj fans worldwide! i do this on a time and money costrained life being in college and majoring in engineering.

i still think that if anybody deserves something it should go to a lady on here with the name kitty litter. i simply asked her to pick me up an EV poster from one of the west coast shows and that i would pay her back + some for it. however, she insisted that the poster was a gift to me from her for my service to other pj fans. long story short, i get a tube in the mail with BOTH west coast posters and she wouldnt take any sort of payment from me! oh and i should mention...i didnt know who she was and we only talked via 2 or 3 messages TOTAL prior to that!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    My wife and I decided to head to Boston 2 08, less than a week before the show. We live in Illinois. Basically forced my friend(loves PJ almost as much as me) to go with us. Made a pretty sweet roadie of it. Stopped at the RocknRoll HoF, Niagara Falls, and of course the tour closer in Beantown. He took what money he could scrounge up, and we paid for the rest.

Also offered the deal to another friend, but he couldnt get off work.

XXL is perfect for me ;)

I would like to add. The people that go out of their way to strangers, on here, are extra kick ass.
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    wow, this is incredibly cool on your part, and although i may be interested in the item, i'm not one to gloat about good deeds nor do i believe that anyone be owed any sort of accreditation for selfless acts - cheers to the winner, rather, to the person with the best "story"
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    in this light, i think that candidates should be nominated by other board members as opposed to self-nomination :-)
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    well i threw a free poster contest and gave it to a guy who was trying to raise money for bone marrow research (his friends son needs a transplant)

and i was so moved by some of the responses i also gave away 3 consolation prizes to 3 different people for free...and i paid for all the shipping too :)

(i'm also planning a Christmas give away...stay tuned :))
    nothing quite says charity like mentioning your own charitable acts :p

not to single out your post... just a weird idea for a "contest" is all...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    McJuicy wrote:
    in this light, i think that candidates should be nominated by other board members as opposed to self-nomination :-)
    GREAT IDEA
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I have hooked up countless people with FREE dvds...cds...and hard to find things.....I also donated TWO 98 posters to a gal who lost her home and ALL her PJ stuff to a fire.....Have let people crash in my hotel rooms...given away tickets FOR FREE to shows when I have had extras..... It is all about sharing the PJ for me AND I have been very fortunate to have met some GREAT people along the way!...:D

ps...I am a big boy...this will fit me!! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:

Sure. I just wanna hear some great stories about people "paying it forward". Good deeds. Whether you did it for someone or someone else did it for you.

Keep it mind, it should be a "bigger" fan...this hoodie is HUGE :D;)
  • Options
    I don't know if this is kind or stupid, but here goes. Back in 05' PJ opened up for the Stones in Pittsburgh. I had the pleasure of meeting the band, and they were all awesome. After giving Ed my Steelers Jersey I had a white T-Shirt on and a Sharpie in hand, I had the band sign my shirt and had Ed sign it to my brother, who was in a car accident 2 days before and couldn't make the show. So I gave him the shirt the band signed, and gave the pic Ed gave me to my nephew who loves PJ, but I sure as hell kept the Heinekin Bottles we were knocking back during the Stones Set!!!
    9/24/96 8/25/98 9/5/00 4/25/03 4/26/03 10/2/04 9/28/05 5/20/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 8/2/07 8/5/07 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/9/10 10/11/13
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,981
    I have listened to PJ from the beginning, but only became a FANATIC in the last few years. I have two children, who are now 13 and 16, who have been the benefactors of a few great trips to see Pearl Jam. Our first show was in Denver 06, then we decided to go to Hawaii and take in the show of a lifetime. Then EV decides to run down the west coast and we are able to score 4 tix to LA1.
    A couple of FANS helped make these events possible and memorable for us as a family, and we were introduced to family of touring fans at the same time.

FOXYMOP, (Laura) was so personable and genuine at the pre-parties that we went to in LA and Honolulu, and she puts so much effort and time into making events happen for not only us, but for the charities and worthy causes, that she deserves the hoodie.

PJPIXIE, who I only said hello to once, was instrumental for me to score the tix to LA1. She hooked me up with info I needed and told me to remember her if I was able to get extras. Well, I did get "extras" but I just could not pass up the chance to take my two kids with me for another once in a lifetime show. I have felt bad ever since, not realizing until the pre-party, that she didnt even have a ticket to the show she was next door to... She deserves the hoodie too.

Peace
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I gave Sian-of-the-dead my tix to PJ at Reading 'cos I couldn't go. I wanted someone to rock out as much as I would have done. And she did :D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I would love to get the Hoodie and I've done a few things for fellow fans but I know there are several people on here that are always helping people out. I'm at a spot in my life where I can just barely take care of my kids but if none o those people that are certainly more deserving than me don't want it please consider me.
    #FHP
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    nothing quite says charity like mentioning your own charitable acts :p

not to single out your post... just a weird idea for a "contest" is all...

the "contest" was simply "tell me why you deserve it" and i choose the person who deserved it most.

i'm not looking for a pat on the back, i just enjoyed hooking people up and making them happy..that was my reward.

he asked what have we done for others and i told him
  • Options
    Sure. I just wanna hear some great stories about people "paying it forward". Good deeds. Whether you did it for someone or someone else did it for you.

Keep it mind, it should be a "bigger" fan...this hoodie is HUGE :D;)

they don't come much bigger than me :D
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I'm not interested in trying to get this hoodie, just because it is too big for me, but I wanted to let you know that this is extremely cool and generous of you. Very awesome.
    +1

I am overwhelmed by happiness today. The world seems like a better place all around.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Give it to LukinFan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough said!:)
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    the "contest" was simply "tell me why you deserve it" and i choose the person who deserved it most.

i'm not looking for a pat on the back, i just enjoyed hooking people up and making them happy..that was my reward.

he asked what have we done for others and i told him
    sorry... let me add a ;) to my :p

didnt mean to single you out or offend
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    sorry... let me add a ;) to my :p

didnt mean to single you out or offend

no offense taken my friend...i just didn't want you to think i was fishing for praise. :D
  • Options
    Awesome idea...

Heres what I did....

It was in DC this summer, I had two 4th row tickets.....I was in need of a cig and had to bum one from someone, who asked if I knew of anyone that had an extra ticket.....He wasn't a scalper I could tell...Sadly the friend I was supposed to go with had a death in the family. So I had let this guy know that if he was truely a fan he could have it just for letting me bum a cig.

He was shocked and explained that he would pay for it, and I had explained that it wasnt a big deal... he already did with a ciggerette, plus it was getting close to the doors opening and I just wanted to get in.

I come to find out that this was this guys first PJ show, we talk occasionaly,...but I did what I think some PJ fans would do.....
    " Well, we drove by a few other names and decided to keep moving until we could find one that we could make ourselves at home in. And it was...I think the name's open to interpretation...even though the real story is the fact that my great grandma was married to an indian chief and... Actually I don't know if he was a chief... Yeah, actually he was demoted. He was a chief for a while and then... When he moved into like white society, he was no longer ordained...but they also...like the ultimate combining of their cultures was the fact that like my great grandma made this jam that was passed down for generations but then she added his end of it by adding, like peyote and hallucenogenics and it was this kind of hallucenogenic jam..."-EV

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,148
    TransplantedNewf, you are a man with a golden heart! :)
    Hope you wishes come true.

I've done my part & will continue doing my part helping other's out in the Pearl Jam community. I don't have this hoodie. But would rather see somebody else get a smile on their face receiving this.

:)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    release30 wrote:
    Give it to LukinFan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough said!:)
    haha- thanks bro- you the man! :) I was going to enter this (it would fit me perfectly, by the way ;) ) but I already have a PJ hoodie that I love and wear all the time. Plus people are so friendly and helped me out so much in this past year, it wouldn't be fair- Tiamia, the Canadian Poster Group, Gary, D, Release30, PJTradeKing, and good lord, so many others on here!

Give it to someone else that deserves it :)

And yes, to the OP- this is a VERY cool thing that you're doing!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    demetrios wrote:
    TransplantedNewf, you are a man with a golden heart! :)
    Hope you wishes come true.

I've done my part & will continue doing my part helping other's out in the Pearl Jam community. I don't have this hoodie. But would rather see somebody else get a smile on their face receiving this.

:)
    Give this to D! Good lord this guy knows how to freebie some stuff!

mama mia! :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    The nicest thing I've done is pay for four of my friends to go see Pearl Jam because I wanted to introduce them to real music, and I have since converted them to fellow PJ maniacs. And I never let them pay me back, because it was so worth it to expose my best friends to a great live band.

I don't know that this is the nicest thing anyone has ever done but I thought it was a good deed and I'm really not seeking any reward for doing it, I believe in karma and doing good for others.

And I would really like to see this go to D. What a great all around person.
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    1998 I flew down from Alaska to Maui to see the PJ show. I was to fly down with 2 friends however, one was unable to make it. THerfore I had one extra ticket. We could not afford to stay in a hotel so we rented a car and slept in it. Tickets for the show were being scalped for $200, I gave my extra to a desperate fan for free!
    Also, it's already down to a high of 25 degrees up here in Alaska and that hoodie would really help my cold bones!