Options

FOR FREE: 2006 Crash Bison Hoodie

2»

Comments

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    Alright, here's the deal.

I've seen enough of people geting gouged by fellow fans on here, selling posters, hoodies, and vinyls. I know how much i paid for this hoodie and yeah, i know it can go for doube or more on eBay.
    Frankly, i don't give a shit.
    I don't want to screw someone just for some cash.
    In fact, i'll even pay for shipping.

It's xxl. I've never worn it. (i've put it on and decided it was way too big for me) Smoke free home. I've got a cat that gets into everything so i'm sure there's a few hairs on it.
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1601/759861/11901127/330772310.jpg
    http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1601/759861/11901127/330772309.jpg

Just reply to the thread and tell me something nice, REALLY nice that you've done for a fellow fan.

I'll read through and pick somone later today. :)

Hey K very nice thing you are doing good on you!!! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    VERY NICE!

Mad props to you!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    Man...really hate to toot my own horn..but since winning this AWESOME hoodie requires us to do so ..I'll take a stab

So here goes....

Something came over me when I read about Stickboy taking his CCFA journey. I really had only met him briefly in DC, but I felt compelled to reach out when I heard he was riding through Richmond. Now, I am not one to let complete strangers into my home, but something inside told me, if someone would take on such a daunting journey for a good cause, they must have a heart of gold. I got in touch w/ him via PM and offered to meet up. .. Well I didn't hear from him they day he was supposed to be in town, so I thought he decided to pass through. The following day I got a PM saying he had gotten a lil behind on his trip and that he would be arriving in Richmond that day. I must say it kinda put me in a fix because I had plans to see the Black Crowes that night....then it came to me...Now I don't have a ton of money..but I gathered enough funds together to pick up one more ticket and after picking him up at the local college I surprised him w/ a ticket to the Black Crowes, a few beers, a place to grab a shower and crash for the night. He was even nice enuff to blog about it...here... http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=417918360&blogID=439377044

Now I have a new bro in this PJ family. Awesome. Keep it up Eli.

Good luck to everyone in this...and thanks to TransplantedNewf for offering this.
  • Options
    So after reading though all the pms and replies, i wish i had as many hoodies as i have replies. There are LOTS of kind souls on this board!

I chose, Bobasfeet as "the winner". All you people are winners though...karma's a wonderful thing.

Keep up the kindness :)
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Gave away EV solo show tickets for face value and brought back a batman poster for a person I met here on the pit.

One other note: refused $600 offer on my Santa Cruz pair of tickets and still gave one away at face.

(sorry I just hate scalpers, they steal my joy)
  • Options
    I haven't gotten involved enough, my vote give it to D!!

He ran the preparties, and I'm STILL getting through his DVD prize pack!!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,145
    Congrad's bobasfeet! :)
  • Options
    lbc72 wrote:
    OK here goes...I am writing this without my husband knowing. Yes I hide behind his login from time to time. My husband and I were in Ontario in 2005 for three shows in Kitchener, London and Hamilton. We met two young kids, twin brothers in fact by chance in a diner. One noticed my PJ shirt and we had a great conversation. My husband offered to drive them to the show that night cuz he was not gonna drink and they mentioned that they were gonna take a cab. He's truly never met a stranger. Anyway, had a great night at the show. The next morning we followed each other to London. We noticed we were on oppostie ends of the town but wanted to grab a bite to eat together.

Well long story short...they didn't have much money and booked a room at the "Knight's Inn" online. The place turned out to be a disaster. Even worse, the place had to close due to a sewer line break on their property. So, our new friends were without a place to stay and no real money to get a proper hotel. My husband immediately offered for them to stay with us at the Holiday Inn across town. There I'm thinking we just met these boys and should we really be sharing a room with them. Sure enough my husband called and switched the room to two double beds and we ended up sharing a room with two guys we just met 29 hours ago. We speak to "our boys" at least once a month.

I typically do not approve of such decisions but my husband always pushes us to give unselfishly. I would list more examples but I've probably said more than he would want. He rarely takes any credit for anything he does...pay it forward is all he says.

well there is kind and then there is crazy!! i mean 2 dudes you never met before?! I'm glad we didn't read about a motel slaying the next day in the news papers!

and how do we know you're not just some nut job with a split personality posing as his own wife? ;):D:D
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    bobasfeet wrote:
    Man...really hate to toot my own horn..but since winning this AWESOME hoodie requires us to do so ..I'll take a stab

So here goes....

Something came over me when I read about Stickboy taking his CCFA journey. I really had only met him briefly in DC, but I felt compelled to reach out when I heard he was riding through Richmond. Now, I am not one to let complete strangers into my home, but something inside told me, if someone would take on such a daunting journey for a good cause, they must have a heart of gold. I got in touch w/ him via PM and offered to meet up. .. Well I didn't hear from him they day he was supposed to be in town, so I thought he decided to pass through. The following day I got a PM saying he had gotten a lil behind on his trip and that he would be arriving in Richmond that day. I must say it kinda put me in a fix because I had plans to see the Black Crowes that night....then it came to me...Now I don't have a ton of money..but I gathered enough funds together to pick up one more ticket and after picking him up at the local college I surprised him w/ a ticket to the Black Crowes, a few beers, a place to grab a shower and crash for the night. He was even nice enuff to blog about it...here... http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=417918360&blogID=439377044

Now I have a new bro in this PJ family. Awesome. Keep it up Eli.

Good luck to everyone in this...and thanks to TransplantedNewf for offering this.
    bro, thank you so much! I had a blast and its been one of the most memorable stops on this journey so far!
    Can't wait to hang with you again, hopefully soon at a PJ show perhaps

congrats on the hoodie too. ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    No prob bro. Gained a new friend and the hoodie was a bonus. Good stuff. Ride on!
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    bobasfeet wrote:
    No prob bro. Gained a new friend and the hoodie was a bonus. Good stuff. Ride on!
    damn straight!I'm sure the hoodie fits nice on ya :)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Nice contest - and great stories!!!
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!