Options

Italian translation please. (PJ Related)

youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
edited November 2008 in The Porch
I was listening to the Verona, Italy boot today from 9-16-06. Most of what Ed says between songs is his Italian translation of his speeches. Before Come Back he says something I can't translate about Johnny Ramone. He mentions Johnny 2-3 times which tells me that Come Back was written for/about him. Just wondering if anyone has this boot or can get it who speaks Italian and would be kind enough to give a loose translation. I know I'm asking a lot but I am very intrigued to hear what was said. Thanks a lot.
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    My first language is Spanish so I'm sure a fellow Italian would be much more accurate, but basically this is what he says:

"Two years ago on September 15th a man who was my friend and a legend died. His name was Johnny Ramone. I talked to his wife the other night and she asked me to salute the Ramones Italian fans. We play this song for Johnny."

Hope it helps ;)
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I'm Italian, and I confirm the traslation above.. This version of come back is one of the best, Eddie sings it with real passion
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    mavi wrote:
    My first language is Spanish so I'm sure a fellow Italian would be much more accurate, but basically this is what he says:

"Two years ago on September 15th a man who was my friend and a legend died. His name was Johnny Ramone. I talked to his wife the other night and she asked me to salute the Ramones Italian fans. We play this song for Johnny."

Hope it helps ;)

Thank you so much for this. I wish I spoke Italian because it is a very beautiful language to listen to. I guess maybe he didn't write Come Back about Johnny Ramone but was just dedicating it to him. See, this was a huge help. Peace.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,