Options

Why is Vs. cd orange?

2»

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I was just thinking the same thing, but wasn't gonna type it all out because listening to this album right now reminds me so clearly of the day and weeks and months that followed this albums release. i remember everything i was doing, who i was doing it with, and where we were doing it. The smells and sights of that time....as with all future Pearl Jam releases are marked like a timeline of my life.

Woah, that was a little deep. But I think you get my drift.

Yes i do. *sigh*
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I was just thinking the same thing, but wasn't gonna type it all out because listening to this album right now reminds me so clearly of the day and weeks and months that followed this albums release. i remember everything i was doing, who i was doing it with, and where we were doing it. The smells and sights of that time....as with all future Pearl Jam releases are marked like a timeline of my life.

Woah, that was a little deep. But I think you get my drift.

I remember buying it in between classes and sitting in my car in the parking garage getting blazed listening to it :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    nocode23 wrote:
    I always thought that since it was released in October of '93 that they decided to go with Halloween/Fall colors for the CD.

I actually sort of agree with this. The album always reminded me of that cooler wintery time of year. All of the imagery was surrounding a warm fire or bundled up. Event the sheep looks cold.
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    It has a Halloween theme to that color. It was released before Halloween in 93.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    it would appear i have the fucking Austrian version??? :D

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=682

i used to have a orange one as well but Daughter was scratched to hell so i threw it out. The silver one is my wife's who bought it when it came out she tells me?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    NoonieNoonie Posts: 93
    My rhymes and records they don't get played
    Because my records and rhymes they don't get made
    And if you rap like me you don't get paid
    And if you roll like me you don't get laid.
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    orange is beautiful....Go Flyers!!!

And the wording is black! And Ed asked us to say goodbye to the Spectrum for him in camden this summer. Clearly, the boys are on our side. Less than a month 'til training camp. Let's go Flyers!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Don't know why i thought of this today? But, you know the PJ cd's usually match the artwork of the packaging, except Vs. It is just plain orange. Any ideas?

because of Halloween, since it was released in October.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    I remember the day this cd came out! I set my alarm to be there right when the store opened. It's funny how PJ related stuff sticks in my brain but something my husband said 5 minutes ago, i can't remember :D

That's awesome!!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    orange is usually the color of a shooting target. maybe thats why. thats how they felt with the media spotlight and being one of the most famous, popular,band on the planet. they felt like a target and that was a discreet way of saying it. any thoughts? {maybe a bit of a stretch but hey, sounds good to me}
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    orange is usually the color of a shooting target. maybe thats why. thats how they felt with the media spotlight and being one of the most famous, popular,band on the planet. they felt like a target and that was a discreet way of saying it. any thoughts? {maybe a bit of a stretch but hey, sounds good to me}

i like that better than what i came up with. makes sense.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I don't know ... I bought it on cassette :cool:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    because nothing rhymes with Orange

Or [size=+5] purple [/size]
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    joe2468 wrote:
    .....big time FAN... club member since 96'.. i have been lookin and readin these post for years.....HELL if you cant beat them...join them......

[size=+5] Welcome....... [/size]

Now u have to go back and read all the posts since '96 :)
  • Options
    versus51versus51 Posts: 32
    VS. was initially named 5 against 1
    then no title
    then VS.

5 corresponds to an orange ball in the game of pool.
    hence the orange cd. :)

The backdrop at this time was super media hype / frenzy for pj after Ten.
    So, 5 (band members) vs. 1 (the world?)

Or it could just be because it looked nice. :P
    9/29/96 R.Isle, 8/28/98 Camden, 9/10/98 MSG, 8/24+25/00 J.Bch, 9/2/00 Camden, 10/22/00 Vegas, 4/28/03 Philly, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8+9/03 MSG, 6/6/03 Vegas, 9/28/04 Bstn, 10/8/04 Kisime, 9/24+25/05 StJohn, 9/30/05 AC, 5/4/06 E.Sullivan, 6/1+3/06 E.Ruthfrd, 12/9/07 Hawaii, 6/24/08 MSG, 7/1/08 Beacon!
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    Eddie was surfing one day and as he was paddling out he looked up and saw the big hard sun, he wanted something to remind him of that moment, hence the orange cd.

ouch
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    ouch

ouch what?

Oh God, what'd i do now?
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    i laughed so hard that it hurt
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    i laughed so hard that it hurt

oh ok, so i didn't do anything bad? got nervous for a moment, sorry i'm all medicated today
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Okay okay people- it's no mystery that Stone loves the color orange!!
    There- I said it..... once again, it's all Stone's fault :D
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Because they are fans of the Dukes of Hazard. It's all about the General Lee.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    play on the colored vinyls???
  • Options
    lralle wrote:
    And the wording is black! And Ed asked us to say goodbye to the Spectrum for him in camden this summer. Clearly, the boys are on our side. Less than a month 'til training camp. Let's go Flyers!

Cant wait for the season and my annual trip down to Philly on October 24-25..Flyers vs Devils!!!
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    who cares? the music on the other side kicks ass.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    cut them some slack, it was the early 90's.
    Exactly. At least it was a unique CD label and not one of those hideous red labels that were used on all of the Columbia Records CD releases around that same timeframe.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder