Options

Employee of Auditorium Theatre scamming

veinvein Chicago Posts: 77
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Approx 7:15 pm Friday 8/22 I had balcony tickets and I was heading up the stairs and the first person we saw was a female usher in a maroon shirt. She was checking everyone's tickets and directing them either down the isle to the orch, or telling them they gotta keep going up the stairs. Well, she told me, she could upgrade my tickets. I said wow, where to? She said just down the isle (which would be basicly the last few rows of the main floor.) I asked her how and she said, don't worry she knows what she's doing. I asked her how much, she said $25 each. My girl was like hell ya lets do it. I was like um, i'm going to go to my seats first and check them out and then come back. I asked her what do I do if i want to come back and get them, she said talk to him, and she pointed to a guy with a grey shirt on. I said thanks and we ran up the stairs to my seats. They were crappy, but I was there so I couldn't complain. As I was walking up the stairs I was thinking to myself, that has got to be a scam. As soon as my girl sat down, I told her i'm going to see what's really going on.
I ran back down and asked a random usher if I could speak to someone in management. They directed me to someone, I told them about the situation but it was very clear that they were not someone who could do anything about it. He told me they were not paid very well (the ushers) and it was probably a scammer. I said, so you're not going to do anything about it eh? He just tried to shrug me off, but someone that actually was in management did walk by and I got a chance to tell him about it, he then asked me if I could describe the female and the male, and I described the female he knew who that was, and asked if I could point out the male. I said yes I think I could, and we ran upstairs and I pointed him out. I told him it was very offensive and he thanked me for letting him know.

What happened after that I don't know, Liam was about to hit the stage and I didn't want it to ruin my night.
Chicago 95, 98, Indy 03, Chicago 06, Chicago Vic 07
EV Chicago 08, Chicago 09, Indy 10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    vein wrote:
    Approx 7:15 pm Friday 8/22 I had balcony tickets and I was heading up the stairs and the first person we saw was a female usher in a maroon shirt. She was checking everyone's tickets and directing them either down the isle to the orch, or telling them they gotta keep going up the stairs. Well, she told me, she could upgrade my tickets. I said wow, where to? She said just down the isle (which would be basicly the last few rows of the main floor.) I asked her how and she said, don't worry she knows what she's doing. I asked her how much, she said $25 each. My girl was like hell ya lets do it. I was like um, i'm going to go to my seats first and check them out and then come back. I asked her what do I do if i want to come back and get them, she said talk to him, and she pointed to a guy with a grey shirt on. I said thanks and we ran up the stairs to my seats. They were crappy, but I was there so I couldn't complain. As I was walking up the stairs I was thinking to myself, that has got to be a scam. As soon as my girl sat down, I told her i'm going to see what's really going on.
    I ran back down and asked a random usher if I could speak to someone in management. They directed me to someone, I told them about the situation but it was very clear that they were not someone who could do anything about it. He told me they were not paid very well (the ushers) and it was probably a scammer. I said, so you're not going to do anything about it eh? He just tried to shrug me off, but someone that actually was in management did walk by and I got a chance to tell him about it, he then asked me if I could describe the female and the male, and I described the female he knew who that was, and asked if I could point out the male. I said yes I think I could, and we ran upstairs and I pointed him out. I told him it was very offensive and he thanked me for letting him know.

What happened after that I don't know, Liam was about to hit the stage and I didn't want it to ruin my night.

The guy you spoke with was probably getting a rake off from the ushers who tried to hold you up. If this really bothers you, and it should, it bothers me and I wasn't even there, you should tell your story in a letter to the editor, try the Sun Times, the Trib thinks Eddie left the band, and see if anything comes of it. Authority doesn't get interested in such things unless a light gets shined on it...and these people deserve a strobe right in their faces!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    vein wrote:

I know exactly what chick and dude you are talking about....

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    Sadly enough this doesn't suprise me :(

Glad you caught on though...
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    i bet Ninersfan had something to do with it!! :D