Options

Anyone with experience using the ExpressoBeans site??

Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Just trying to get some more info on it, as I've decided that a few of the posters that I have are never going to get framed... and I could honestly use the money for them. I'd like to trade them, but with a (possible) out-of-state move coming up, I need to start paring down the crazy collection of stuff.

So does it work like ebay or what? Nobody trying to pull any scams over there? :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjheadpjhead Posts: 107
    Motown322 wrote:
    Just trying to get some more info on it, as I've decided that a few of the posters that I have are never going to get framed... and I could honestly use the money for them. I'd like to trade them, but with a (possible) out-of-state move coming up, I need to start paring down the crazy collection of stuff.

So does it work like ebay or what? Nobody trying to pull any scams over there? :D

No it doesn't work like ebay. It is more like classified ads. You post what you have available and others do the same. You can indicate if you are looking to buy, sell, or trade. If you have set prices in mind then Expresso Beans is the way to go since you don't have to pay commissions (although you can donate to the site). There is no protection for the selller (or buyer) through the site though. Just make sure that you buy/sell using paypal so that you have some protection. There is a list of good buyers/sellers on the forums. You can also get/leave feedback however people do not normally use that.
  • Options
    I tried to buy a poster from ExB and no one ever wrote me back. I posted on http://www.blackredyellow.com and got a response right away. I'd recommend BRY.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    benfig4benfig4 Posts: 90
    Just be careful that you donate to bry before you post something for sale. their rules state that only those that donate to their site can list items for sale, anyone can list them for trade, but not for sale.
  • Options
    i love expressobeans.com. ive had great sucess there. i think in general its a great community. its nice to have a digital image of your whole poster collection. plus i get trade offers all the time. people looking to trade for a poster of mine or trade me a poster of theirs....

ive also bought a nice poster through the site, and i paid using paypal. so in that sense its similar to ebay.

i have the same screen name on expressobeans.com

once you load up you collection id be interested in seeing it for possible trades or sales...
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Once you have your collection in, you can use the "Match Maker" function. That shows you who is looking for the posters that you want to trade/sell. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    expressobeans is the way to go! Usually more fair prices or a trade is better than the efags
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)
  • Options
    Blue11Blue11 Posts: 200
    I've acquired 3 posters via e-beans (bought 2 and traded for 1) with no hassle whatsoever. There are a lot of really good people on that site and you can view what prices people have paid for posters in the past. There is a function where you can view what the highest price paid was and what the average price and 6-month average price is.
    " All the stars in the sky, thought you were up in mine
    Still I wonder, I wonder......" "Black" tag 09-16-2005 Ottawa

Toronto 2003, Kitchener 2005, Montreal 2005, Ottawa 2005, Toronto II 2006, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Camden I 2008, Camden II 2008, Washington, D.C. 2008, Toronto 2009, Chicago I 2009, Columbus 2010, Noblesville, 2010
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    ebeans is terrific. but if you're just lookin' to make a buck, go the way of ebay.
  • Options
    ebeans is a great site. i have made a few trades/sales through them and been more then happy with the results each time.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Truthfully very few people I have messaged have ever gotten back to me on there. Good luck though.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone... I may give the ExpressoBeans site a shot. Wouldn't mind trying to find a home for them here but everyone in here goes crazy if you don't sell the thing for $5. On one hand, I'm not trying to buy a new Cadillac with the money from them, but I also know that they're worth *something* (like the old drumset I've been clinging to for 25 years). So I guess if someone offers a fair price, I'll pull the trigger.

I went ahead last night and put together a profile over there... http://www.expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=14946
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    Motown322 wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone... I may give the ExpressoBeans site a shot. Wouldn't mind trying to find a home for them here but everyone in here goes crazy if you don't sell the thing for $5. On one hand, I'm not trying to buy a new Cadillac with the money from them, but I also know that they're worth *something* (like the old drumset I've been clinging to for 25 years). So I guess if someone offers a fair price, I'll pull the trigger.

I went ahead last night and put together a profile over there... http://www.expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=14946
    PM sent.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    if you havent already, go to the classifieds section on eb ( http://www.expressobeans.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10 ) and make a post with what you have. it would be best to include a price and a actual pic of your print. will have much better luck then just listing in your "WT"
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:
    if you havent already, go to the classifieds section on eb ( http://www.expressobeans.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10 ) and make a post with what you have. it would be best to include a price and a actual pic of your print. will have much better luck then just listing in your "WT"

Already planned on that one... :D Planning on getting some pics tonight after I finish my yard work.
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    mjb wrote:
    Truthfully very few people I have messaged have ever gotten back to me on there. Good luck though.

do you have an ebeans account? If so what are you looking for I may have some stuff to trade you.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    pjheadpjhead Posts: 107
    mjb wrote:

Did you proposed a ridiculous trade such as a 98 for a 2008 poster that hasn't been sold through the 10C yet? I am guilty of ignoring those types of messages.

Some people set up a profile and stop visiting it after a while. The best thing to do if you are looking to buy something is to look at those people that listed the item most recently. That at least shows that the individual has visited their page recently.
  • Options
    pm sent....
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...