Options

A question for all you nice folks

greaticedteagreaticedtea Posts: 229
edited October 2008 in The Porch
I have a few questions about posters that I'm sure one of you can answer:

- If you buy a poster at a show it's signed and numbered, right?

I ask this because I assume the posters in the mystery sale are not signed and numbered.

If this is all true are the posters you buy at the show worth more? I am just saying this because am looking into buying a poster and do not want to get ripped off.

Thank you.
MSG II 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    Posters at the shows are not signed and numbered. They are the same as the posters sold through the website.
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • Options
    only 1st editions are sold at shows and through the 10c. these are unsigned and un numbered. these days a few thousand of these are printed. there is nothing wrong with a 1st edition print.

A/P (artist proof) editions are usually sold via the artist, these days on their websites. these are usually the same as the 1st edition but signed and numbered. plus they are often limited to a few hundred copies. and its rumored that low number prints such as #1-#10 are kept by the artist for close friends and band members.

so if you really dig the poster and want to spend a few bucks on getting it framed go for the A/P. having it signed by the artist makes more sense to me.
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    as said above!! well said indeed!
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)
  • Options
    i only have two PJ posters which were purchased at shows and they are neither signed or numbered. i have posters for other bands that are signed and numbered, so i guess PJ doesnt do that.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    LaddieLaddie Posts: 301
    http://www.expressobeans.com

you can search any poster/print and see what its worth/selling for. you can also find people to trade/sell/buy.