Options

Wish Pearl Jam would do this.....

musicfanpearlmusicfanpearl Posts: 210
edited September 2008 in The Porch
So, Coheed and Cambria are going to 4 different cities, and playing 4 nights in a row. Each night they are going to play one of their albums. So, each city gets to hear every album in full!!! How freaking awesome is that. So far the lucky cities are chicago, new york, london, and california. A 4 night stand in one city is almost unheard of. I wish I could go, but everything is already sold out. Also, if you purchased the vip package you also got a free acoustic show. I just hope they put this even on a dvd or cd, because it is going to be awesome. You people gotta admit, that is very cool of a band to do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    those would be the shortest pearl jam shows in years...
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    california is not a city...
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    Pearl Jam plays real sets, not 15 songs. Plus, they did that in Europe back in 06. They played Avocado in full plus about 15 other songs. On top of that, Pearl Jam doesn't need to do anything super special to attract fans like other bands. They give us bootlegs of every show and change their sets every night. Technically, they do something special for us every single night.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Pearl Jam plays real sets, not 15 songs. Plus, they did that in Europe back in 06. They played Avocado in full plus about 15 other songs. On top of that, Pearl Jam doesn't need to do anything super special to attract fans like other bands. They give us bootlegs of every show and change their sets every night. Technically, they do something special for us every single night.

i agree...
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    Not so much on the 4 different albums on 4 consecutive nights thing, but I do wish they'd just randomly play an album now and again.

Like someone mentioned they did with Avacado in order a couple years back. They also did this one time with Ten in the early days.

On the next tour for example, one show just play "Binaural" in its entirety in the middle of the set...for absolutely no reason other than the sake of doing it.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    I still think thats pretty awesome. I agree pearl jam does give us a special set every night. But a 4 night stand in each city is something very rare now a days.
  • Options
    NewDamage wrote:
    Not so much on the 4 different albums on 4 consecutive nights thing, but I do wish they'd just randomly play an album now and again.

Like someone mentioned they did with Avacado in order a couple years back. They also did this one time with Ten in the early days.

On the next tour for example, one show just play "Binaural" in its entirety in the middle of the set...for absolutely no reason other than the sake of doing it.

Noone would want to hear 12 straight songs from any one album. You can can kinda get away with that with a new album, but older albums (save VS. Ten and Vitalogy) would wear on the crowd. Imagine the snoozefest of Light Years, NAIS, Thin Air,Insignificance,Of the Girl. Good songs on their own, but in a row it would suck the air out of an arena crowd.
  • Options
    Noone would want to hear 12 straight songs from any one album. You can can kinda get away with that with a new album, but older albums (save VS. Ten and Vitalogy) would wear on the crowd. Imagine the snoozefest of Light Years, NAIS, Thin Air,Insignificance,Of the Girl. Good songs on their own, but in a row it would suck the air out of an arena crowd.

Agreed, also I couldn't see myself shelling out $80 to hear 12-15 songs played live. PJ does MORE than enough for their fans, but this just wouldn't work.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

i think that by snoozefest you really meant string of 5 unbelievable songs.
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    You people gotta admit, that is very cool of a band to do.
    no, not really.
  • Options
    Well, maybe they could do 2 albums a night and then some covers for 4 nights. I think that would work. Either way, I just think Coheed is freakin amazing, and i thought it was kind of cool. If you haven't heard much from this band, they are definitely worth checking out.