deadhead321deadhead321 Posts: 66
edited September 2008 in The Porch
i feel bad for you
Bonnaroo -- 2008
MSG II -- 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eeeh, maybe it wasnt worth the drive from DC to the middle of no where, and this way i could afford the 5 east coast shows. so i think im ok.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    no thanks. too big, too many idiots.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    if you were at this years bonnaroo, and not the first one in 2002, i feel even worse for you, you really missed out. that festival has gotten more and more corporate every year...
    the very first one was special, actually fun, more about the music, less about the money. the second one was bearable...but after that...downhill....i was shocked when PJ jumped on that bandwagon...along with metallica? cmon!

PJ could do their own festival if they wanted...3 nights in a row anywhere would turn into an awesome festival!
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    no thanks. too big, too many idiots.

exactly....waaaaaaaaaay too many idiots...
  • Options
    eeeh, maybe it wasnt worth the drive from DC to the middle of no where, and this way i could afford the 5 east coast shows. so i think im ok.

good reasoning of course

the whole vibe of the weekend was incredible. it was four day in paradise...150+ acts loaded with legends! going from pearl jam to phil lesh in a matter of minutes was orgasmic for me....and that alone made the trip worth it.

it was a magical 4 days, filled with such good vibes..great people, great memories, great music......

FYI my top performances are ranked as followed:

1- The Raconteurs--hands down the best show of the weekend. literally blew me away.
    2-Phil Lesh and Friends--a masterful late night set. i battled my way to within 10 rows of stage for this, after an exhausting PJ set
    3-Pearl Jam--easily biggest crowd of the festival, and they did not disappoint. i managed to get to the front row of the area behind the actual pit. Release encore, WMA, All Night, Who You Are, LROM, and the staples that were face melting like Corduroy, DTE, Black, etc etc etc. Oh and All Along the Watchtower to close it was insane.
    4-Metallica....i dont listen to them, but never disliked them. they had one very energized over the top show with the staples. Master of Puppets was fucking crazy to witness live.
    5- My Morning Jacket- late night in the pouring rain. amazing 4 hour marathon set with all the staples plus a heavy dose of covers. kirk hammett of metallica sat in on 'One Big Holiday'
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i feel bad for you

way to be a couple of months behind. did your head just clear ? ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options

Yeah maybe it wasnt worth the flight to the middle of nowhere, instead i also spent the money of 5 east coast show. i think ill be alright as well, also i heard they were super sloppy and sucked at the roo.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    wasnt interested...hate festivals myself
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options

if you were at this years bonnaroo, and not the first one in 2002, i feel even worse for you, you really missed out. that festival has gotten more and more corporate every year...

eh....i hear ya. but it was my first time at a festival and it was better then i anticipated. no one can talk me out the weekend i had
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    bonnaroo, 2002, Particle's 7:00am breakfast set...if you were there you probably dont remember...
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    the very first one was special, actually fun, more about the music, less about the money. the second one was bearable...but after that...downhill....i was shocked when PJ jumped on that bandwagon...along with metallica? cmon!

I've been to the past 4 Roos. I've heard the first couple were more laid back and had less hassle from security, but I think it is still a great festival.

PJ could do their own festival if they wanted...3 nights in a row anywhere would turn into an awesome festival!

However, this would be better than any Bonnaroo. A camping fest with PJ playing 2-3 nights, 2-3 sets each day starting in the afternoon with breaks scheduled in between (like a Phish fest). The band could avoid repeating songs since it would be the same crowd for the entire weekend.
  • Options
    people saying there were too many idiots...

were you guys at eddie's solo shows? there were more idiots at those shows than bonnaroo. bonnaroo had the most laid back group of people i've ever seen at a show. everyone was cool. if you say there were too many idiots, find another reason, because that's a bad one.
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I know it was a good show, but no way I'd go into that - I'm not much of an outdoor roughing it person. I like a bed and a proper shower. Lolla's about as outdoor as I go. I got 5 east coast shows though, and 4 vedder so feeling okay about everything. Thanks for the reminder to pick up the boot though.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    If you didn't make the Gorge Show's you really don't understand what you missed!!! CD can't explain.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    people saying there were too many idiots...

were you guys at eddie's solo shows? there were more idiots at those shows than bonnaroo. bonnaroo had the most laid back group of people i've ever seen at a show. everyone was cool. if you say there were too many idiots, find another reason, because that's a bad one.

perfectly put...
    There were more people interested in PJ ou of genuine curiosity who were seeing them for the first time. There was no poster frenzy... no flishity flash flash flash cameras... no me me me me eddie!!! eddieee!!!! notice me EDDDDDDDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........

LOL. enough said.
    "One just escapes, one's left inside the well... and he who forgets will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    Yeah maybe it wasnt worth the flight to the middle of nowhere, instead i also spent the money of 5 east coast show. i think ill be alright as well, also i heard they were super sloppy and sucked at the roo.
    can't tell it from the boot. recordings don't lie. you got bad info jack
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I think Mike mentioned something about the show being "sloppy". Not for me, not one bit. Had a GREAT time at Bonnaroo. There were sooooo many bands to see, it was tough to make decisions.
    Pearl Jam for me was the icing on the big ass mofo cake. The first notes of Hard To Imagine almost made me cry.
    I heard a lot of bad things went down, but nothing to me or my camp or my friends or my friends friends. But we went VIP and it was worth every penny.
    I do however feel AWFUL for the dude who got the snot beat out of him and his wallet stolen in the crowd WHILE Pearl Jam was playing. BF said you can hear it on one of the boots. That just sucks.

All in all a very good experience but as you can see from my sig. I would love PJ to play Rothbury, mostly because for me Roo was HOT AND HUMID. Only 14 hours of sleep in 5 days. When I got home I slept for almost 2 days straight. Then went to three more PJ shows. Loved them all, NY1, NY2 and Hartford (another hard to beat show, pulled that set list out of their arses). But Bonnaroo was hard to top. The overall experience was just unreal.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    But we went VIP and it was worth every penny.

i was VIP for the first two...there is no other way to do it...unless you enjoy not sleeping or showering for 4 days....unless you enjoy walkinng two miles to see the stages...

sounds like a great crowd...people getting robbed and beat up....sweet, count me in...

bonnaroo would be great if some of the bands actually colaborated on stage but this is a rare occurence at the roo...the first two roos had superjam band sessions that were awesome...did they still do that?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,016
    Bonnaroo rocked!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Hate festivals, hate the heat, hate the mud, hate the idiots that go there
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    i feel bad for you

I was there!! One of the best experiences of my life

From Raconteurs to standing in line for three hours to make it into PJ's pit to tripping in the rain at MMJ to Metallica to all the low-level name bands I checked out to the people I met to the camping to the food - it was awesome!!

Def gonna keep going if the bill stays fresh and diversified
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    i feel bad for you
    Ehh--thanks.
    I'm good though!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    this year's bonnaroo was easily the most fun i've ever had at a rock show.

i hear some people say there was a bad crowd but if there was i never saw them. people were great. i think its just a rumor started by people who didnt go and were pissed that Metallica was there. people love to be the first to bash a festival for "going corporate".

Roo was no more corporate this year than it has been for years. it was a fantastic experience. left me broke for months after, but well worth it.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    i was VIP for the first two...there is no other way to do it...unless you enjoy not sleeping or showering for 4 days....unless you enjoy walkinng two miles to see the stages...

sounds like a great crowd...people getting robbed and beat up....sweet, count me in...

bonnaroo would be great if some of the bands actually colaborated on stage but this is a rare occurence at the roo...the first two roos had superjam band sessions that were awesome...did they still do that?

Went GA the from 05-07, upgraded to VIP this year and it was worth it. They still have the Superjam each year. I've seen plenty of other collaborations there the past few years when they would have an artist in residence that would go around and join various musicians during their sets. John Paul Jones was there in this respect for Bonnaroo 2007.

Artists still collaborate there, but I wish there would have been more of that for the acts I saw this year. Ed played with Jack Johnson and Kirk Hammett joined My Morning Jacket on stage, but I really wanted to see Les Claypool jam with Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I really wanted to see Les Claypool jam with Pearl Jam.

I would have loved that. Went to Les's talk in the cinema tent and got his autograph on my Roo book. I was happy about that!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I really wanted to see Les Claypool jam with Pearl Jam.

I would have loved that. Went to Les's talk in the cinema tent and got his autograph on my Roo book. I was happy about that!
    damn, I didn't know Les was signing :(
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Last year was my first Bonnaroo experience ever

I dont like big crowds...
    I dont like HOT temps...
    I dont like camping so close to people that we share tent stakes...
    I dont like sitting in the car for over 20 hours...
    I HATE porta-potties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to return!!!

For those of you that havent experienced something like that, you have to!
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    krobbinz wrote:
    Last year was my first Bonnaroo experience ever

I dont like big crowds...
    I dont like HOT temps...
    I dont like camping so close to people that we share tent stakes...
    I dont like sitting in the car for over 20 hours...
    I HATE porta-potties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to return!!!

For those of you that havent experienced something like that, you have to!
    exactly. If you weren't there, you just don't understand. It really blew me away :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    too many idiots.

every Pearl Jam concert...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks