Options

Blood - Atlanta 94

yotan18yotan18 Posts: 103
edited August 2008 in The Porch
this may be old news to some, but i just heard it this week, courtesy of the gremmie.net site, and i have to say, i have never heard eddie scream like this before. it seems he was going to die, or explode any minute! if i sang like that, even for that song alone, i will have not spoke for a month.

holy Shit balls... and i've heard blood in other boots, but not like this.

wow... again... wow...

he said, suck my _____, man (what did he say?)

just wow...

btw, i loved this boot's black... it was like the unplugged version in the 2nd stanza... (I take a walk outside... was done in higher pitch)
"The Day of Redemption is at hand! Repent, and thou shall be saved..." - A. Ventura

"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie" - T. Montana
---
"Yeah i know... sounds stupid." Aldrin said.

#18 INC forever
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,569
    Blood is one of those songs that should be retired. Great song no doubt and Ed can still perform it, but its nothing like it used to be. There are some 93,94 and 95 versions of that song that will knock you off the chair. Those powerhouse performances has set the bar, and ed just can't reach it any longer.

Some 96 versions has some sweet tags too. Daughter single has a sweet version from indio 1993.

This is the best one on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsP0TQvKniQ

This from last year don't compare, no chance:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtfdZNwvQfU&feature=related

Another sweet one from 93!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544wFk-I-Qo&feature=related
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,271
    yotan18 wrote:
    this may be old news to some, but i just heard it this week, courtesy of the gremmie.net site, and i have to say, i have never heard eddie scream like this before. it seems he was going to die, or explode any minute! if i sang like that, even for that song alone, i will have not spoke for a month.

holy Shit balls... and i've heard blood in other boots, but not like this.

wow... again... wow...

just wow...

btw, i loved this boot's black... it was like the unplugged version in the 2nd stanza... (I take a walk outside... was done in higher pitch)

all of atlanta 94 is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    danny wrote:

I second that.
  • Options
    you find the whole show here:

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/shows/

:)
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    One of the best versions without a doubt. Check out 3/29/94 and 12/1/93 too. Self Pollution version from 95 is also intense (just before this voice gave out for the 95 tour)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    yotan18 wrote:

"f'ing life out man"
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    This is the best one on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsP0TQvKniQ

Niko 80 - holy shit! this is incredible.

no matter how much you tube surfing i do, there's always something i haven't seen. thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I was listening to this show last night.
    The little snippet of Not For You tag was nice too.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    it is pretty good. that was one of the first shows i heard back in the tape-trading days. stellar show. i've got the 3-cd dissident/live in atlanta set and it's cool, but missing a few songs.
    and like that... he's gone.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    danny wrote:

fuckin' a it is! :D
  • Options
    damendamen Posts: 104
    No PJ song should be retired! Ed can sing it however the fuck he wants to. I saw Blood at the Gorge and was happy to hear it....

sometimes it's not just all about the vocal performance. either. Maybe Stone just REALLY feels like playing it sometimes. Or maybe even Eddie just felt like the message of the song had to be revisited. Let them play what they decide to play and appreciate that that they are still playing at all!
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,569
    damen wrote:
    No PJ song should be retired! Ed can sing it however the fuck he wants to. I saw Blood at the Gorge and was happy to hear it....

sometimes it's not just all about the vocal performance. either. Maybe Stone just REALLY feels like playing it sometimes. Or maybe even Eddie just felt like the message of the song had to be revisited. Let them play what they decide to play and appreciate that that they are still playing at all!

I have no problem with them playing it. I heard it live last year and rocked out to it! I just register how the song has lost a big chunk of its 'kick'.

I guess this comes from my HUGE desire to have been there to see them in 92-94...
    I will swallow poison