Options

1oc tickets are B.S.

westbrook36westbrook36 Posts: 279
edited August 2008 in The Porch
been a member since 1995 and this tour and o6 tour my tickets for shows blew chunks oo and 98 00 03 tour tickets were good last 2 tours tickets have sucked do not understand how seating can get worse. maybe it was this lottery thing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    been a member since 1995 and this tour and o6 tour my tickets for shows blew chunks oo and 98 00 03 tour tickets were good last 2 tours tickets have sucked do not understand how seating can get worse. maybe it was this lottery thing.
    you got it- it's because of the lottery. You're going to be 4 rows farther back then normal
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,180

A) '08 was 1st year of lottery
    B) '08= less tour dates and more traveling 10c members

like Lukinfan said earlier the worst it should have been was a few rows back than usual, maybe they screwed up your tix
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

well for this short tour, seats were worse because there only a few shows-more members went to each show, that and the lottery.

but in 06, my seats were the best yet.

seats can get worse if more members, with lower numbers go to shows
    its that simple
    and perhaps its getting harder for the 10C to obtain the best seats in the house
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    my tickets for shows blew chunks

How bad were they?

Examples?
  • Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    Back in the day 10c only allowed fan club tix to one show, did they not? Maybe that is why our seats have now moved back...more people attending numerous shows.
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    thebends9 wrote:
    Back in the day 10c only allowed fan club tix to one show, did they not? Maybe that is why our seats have now moved back...more people attending numerous shows.

this is very true. i kinda miss those days. it's hard enough getting ten club tickets anymore, period. it's time we make these losers who go to 29 shows a tour maybe have to work a little bit for the other 28. even the band has said it gets kind old having the same 50 geriatric people in the front row every night.

and this is coming from a guy with a decent 10 club number. i may just let mine lapse though because i am very tired of inevitably being mid-way back on the floor. unless you're in the first 5-10 rows, being on the floor sucks. i'd rather be on the wings where at least i have enough space to breathe and can still see the show if i happen to land a seat behind gigantor.
    and like that... he's gone.
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I disagree. I thought this years tickets were far better than 2006's. Not as good as 2000 (nor will it ever be again). But I was happy with my seats in DC this year.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options

i've also been a member since 95 (96 maybe), and I've got no complaints.
    maybe you should quit the 10c and see how the ticketmaster seats are.
    it'll move me 2 seats closer ;)
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    catch22 wrote:
    this is very true. i kinda miss those days. it's hard enough getting ten club tickets anymore, period. it's time we make these losers who go to 29 shows a tour maybe have to work a little bit for the other 28. even the band has said it gets kind old having the same 50 geriatric people in the front row every night.

and this is coming from a guy with a decent 10 club number. i may just let mine lapse though because i am very tired of inevitably being mid-way back on the floor. unless you're in the first 5-10 rows, being on the floor sucks. i'd rather be on the wings where at least i have enough space to breathe and can still see the show if i happen to land a seat behind gigantor.

It's us losers attending multiple shows that allow them to play multiple nights in a bunch of cities. The majority of these shows don't sell out and if you cut into that 10C allocation you might see more one night stands.

And I think you're projecting with the whole "geriatric people in the front row" statement. Aside from an off-handed comment by Ed, I would imagine they understand how lucky they are to have the sort of fanbase they do. If you're right, they're a lot more jaded than anyone realizes and on the brink of a Pink Floyd moment.