Options

2009 Rumours/News?

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited November 2008 in The Porch
So what's on for next year Porch people? Any ideas? Any rumours? What's the latest on the new album?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I can almost guarantee an appearance at Coachella next year, but nothing has been finalized yet.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    TEN is getting re-released. i'm sure a short tour, and if we're lucky, a new album by the end of the year...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    TEN is getting re-released. i'm sure a short tour, and if we're lucky, a new album by the end of the year...
    is this just speculation, the ten being re-released. that'd be sick to hear all of those songs remixed by o'brien. i guess this is possible with the whole new DEEP magazine ten edition that is supposedly gonna come out early next year.
    "I changed by not changing at all"
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,943
    Doodah972 wrote:
    is this just speculation, the ten being re-released. that'd be sick to hear all of those songs remixed by o'brien. i guess this is possible with the whole new DEEP magazine ten edition that is supposedly gonna come out early next year.
    Read this week's update from the Ten Club... basically confirmed Ten will be re-released, and that they are in the studio! And if they're in a studio... what comes after a new album.... TOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRR! :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I heard that they are doing a tour in the late summer of 2009
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    I can almost guarantee an appearance at Coachella next year, but nothing has been finalized yet.

it definitely makes sense.....!!!!!!!!
    Be good to Rock n Roll and Rock n Roll will be good to you. -Priceless Rock Wisdom-

LA 7-9-06
    Can't wait to add more shows...
  • Options

How can you "almost guarantee" this? Not to pick a fight or anything, but that's a real bold statement.
  • Options
    Ed's getin a sex change & marring Boom!
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    Ed's getin a sex change & marring Boom!

The sex change is old news & it already happened.

As for the marriage, i heard something about it taking place in April 2009
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I think we will see a Album before we see another tour.Just my 2 cents.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Read this week's update from the Ten Club... basically confirmed Ten will be re-released, and that they are in the studio! And if they're in a studio... what comes after a new album.... TOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRR! :D

There was a Ten Club update this week? I didn't get that! What did it say?
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    Tombourine wrote:
    There was a Ten Club update this week? I didn't get that! What did it say?

Ten and Alive stickman shirts are being re-released in celebration of when they used to be good.

;)
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    How can you "almost guarantee" this? Not to pick a fight or anything, but that's a real bold statement.

Let's just say that Goldenvoice begins contacting/negotiating with bands WAY before this time of year, and I know someone who knows someone. That's all I'm gonna say.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    Doodah972 wrote:

Be cool if they guys just completely redid TEN, cut the CD, and sent us all a copy for free.

Like with the new beginning of Porch, which I think is killer.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    NewJPage wrote:

I love the demo versions of the Ten album. Would be good to have them included.