Options

Kufala - good or bad?

JazzmannJazzmann Posts: 98
edited November 2008 in The Porch
I hear some time ago that alot of people where having problems with orders from Kufala. getting the wrong discs etc. Have they gotten any better?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kufala is a great company. My experience with them included a disc problem, but I contacted them, and the matter was resolved within a few days. If you want a huge corporate brand to produce the boots, it would cost more, and we would probably be looking at downloads again instead of physical media. The problems were minor and correctable. People need to quit their bitching, and go out and support small business. The economic troubles out there are going to boost Corporations and crush your small businesses by the time it is all corrected, because who will be able to float???. BUY FROM KUFALA.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,210
    I never heard anyone complain that, if their order was goofed, Kufala didn't follow through on correcting the problem.

I ordered all the shows at once, and did have one disc be from the wrong show. I emailed them, they shipped one out the next day, and I had it in my hands two days later.
  • Options
    Excellent. I got my PJ bootleg just fine this summer (though that was through the PJ site and not theirs), and then bought a Liam Finn concert after seeing him with Eddie that arrived quickly.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    I had a great experience. Haven't had a problem! :)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    demetrios wrote:
    I had a great experience. Haven't had a problem! :)
    ditto!

Bought all the 08 boots with no problems :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I like it, some of the boots sound wierd, but idk if thats their deal or not
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • Options
    I like it, some of the boots sound wierd, but idk if thats their deal or not

The sound of the bootlegs would be the decision of Pearl Jam and their mixer, Barrett Jones.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I ordered the first two boots the day after the tour ended and they were at my doorstep in less than a month. I ordered 3 more last month and they were in hand in less than a week. All the boots were correct and I am hoping they stay with this co. in the future. Some people bitched cause they were CDR's but I think the sound is just as good.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,996
    I think that Both 10c and Kufala were not prepared for the onslaught.Thay were/are very gracious and responsive to any issues.Now that the boots have been out for a while I would think it's smooth sailing now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I ordered them all and received them all correctly. My only issue, and I believe it's my problem not theirs, is that they don't play properly in my car (won't eject) and my computer (skip). I fixed that by burning my own copies. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    I bought all 13 shows and had no problems at all.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,996
    JWBusher wrote:
    I bought all 13 shows and had no problems at all.
    Just the waiting.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    what is Kufala?
    cook'em just to see the look on there face
  • Options
    what is Kufala?

They are the record label that distributed Pearl Jam's 2008 bootlegs. They specialize in live albums. You can check them out here: http://www.kufala.com/
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too