Options

Into the Wild LP

youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Luckily I bought one when it came out but I have been seeing this thing pop up on ebay for ridiculous prices. Like $200-250. How rare is this thing really. Like in numbers, did they only put out a limited #. I wonder if it's gonna be like a Benny Hall? It's been out for less than a year and it is already selling for more than a sealed Binaural or Riot Act.
He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    yes, it think it's quite rare but I don't know how many copies were done. I read somewhere that only 2,000 were made (like benaroya).
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Yeah, but look how low the price went after Eds West Coast Leg, then it soared up again after the announcement of the East Coast Leg, Now it is dropping again. From 200+ to now $140 ish on ebay...So, who knows. All I know is that I want a copy.
  • Options
    Yeah, but look how low the price went after Eds West Coast Leg, then it soared up again after the announcement of the East Coast Leg, Now it is dropping again. From 200+ to now $140 ish on ebay...So, who knows. All I know is that I want a copy.
    yes, I'm glad I got one on 10C. I never it would become so fast a "rarity"
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    There are definitely more ITW vinyls than Benaroya Hall.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    There are definitely more ITW vinyls than Benaroya Hall.

Actually, I believe it to be the exact same number.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....
  • Options
    Actually, I believe it to be the exact same number.

really? too bad they werent numbered like benny. i dont think ITW will ever reach benny status, do you?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    really? too bad they werent numbered like benny. i dont think ITW will ever reach benny status, do you?

I think so just because its 180 gram. Its fairly new too, give it 3 to 5 years and watch it grow.
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    What was the cost of the record thru 10C originally?
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    fanofzs wrote:
    What was the cost of the record thru 10C originally?

20.00 + 9.00 shipping in the US.
    Just me
  • Options
    Man i am killing myself for not getting it from the ten club.I thought my wife got it for me for my birth day.I thought why did we need two of them.Then it turns out i didn't get it for my birth day anyway.bummer.
    Miami 92,WPB 2008,Tampa 2008,MSG 2008#1, EV Baltimore 2009 Night#2,EV ATL 2009, Seattle 2009, Jazzfest 2010, WM3 Arkansas 2010,Bridge School 2010
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:

Wow, thanks.
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:

Curious, was there a limit of one?
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    fanofzs wrote:
    Curious, was there a limit of one?

Yes
    Just me
  • Options
    If there were truly only 2,000 created, these will shoot up in value in the future.

The reasons are multiple. More and more PJ fans seem to be getting into vinyl collecting. Vinyl records as a whole (not just in the PJ community) are rocketing in popularity at the moment. The album is a classic. It will end up to be either Eddie's only solo album or his first solo album. PJ fans are incredibly loyal, and there are more PJ fans created with every new album. The list goes on and on.

I was lucky enough to pick up two (one through the 10C, one through an incredibly lucky find in a record store). I'm keeping one sealed, but the other has been opened and listened to obsessively.

Eddie's voice has never sounded better.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    my only copy is opened and has been spun a lot.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    there was quite a few of these made we, (me, my brother, and brother in law) got 3 from a local record store after the the 10 club sale pre ordering through the store.* I'd say at least 10,000.* between fan club and indie stores.* So I have 2, one sealed one open to play.
  • Options
    Anyone from California probably knows about a record store chain called Amoeba music. Last time I was there, there was a bunch of them still. I went to the LA one a couple of weeks ago, and the San Francisco one a few months ago. So pick them up quick!
    Nathan
  • Options
    my only copy is opened and has been spun a lot.
    same here
  • Options
    Once I missed out on getting the LP through TenClub I called every independent record store in Milwaukee and found out only Atomic Records was getting a couple copies in and I reserved mine. The day it came out I spent about a half hour talking with Atomic employees and they said ...Its a great record to get your hands on...extremely rare... only 1000 were made
    7-18-98 Portland, 11-3-00 Boise, '00 (Eddie Solo @ Ralph Nader) Portland, 12-8-02 Seattle, 5-28-03 Missoula, 9-1-05 Gorge, 5-20-06 Cleveland, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-06 Gorge, 8-5-07 Lolla, 4-13-08 Eddie Solo LA II

*** Eddie Solo Milwaukee & Chicago I & II
  • Options
    pjheadpjhead Posts: 107
    Once I missed out on getting the LP through TenClub I called every independent record store in Milwaukee and found out only Atomic Records was getting a couple copies in and I reserved mine. The day it came out I spent about a half hour talking with Atomic employees and they said ...Its a great record to get your hands on...extremely rare... only 1000 were made

I highly doubt that. They were sold through the 10C, Aural Exports, and Inde stores. Its possible but I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    So glad I got mine thru tenclub :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I spin mine all the time, that's what they were made for.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Aural Exploits had less than 100 copies of this.
    the Minions
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,568
    Someone working in a record shop here in Norway tried to order them in, but he said it was impossible. He also said there are less than 2000 of them, hence the difficulty obtaining some.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Aural Exploits had less than 100 copies of this.

Nope. They had at least twice that.
    Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm....