Options

Anybody else worried about Bridge School?

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Seems like it's awful late for the dates to not even be announced yet.

The dates have pretty much always been announced weeks before the lineup. By my recollection, the dates have always been posted on the Bridge School site by mid-August. (I know for sure that in 2001 the dates were announced on August 6).

It's now September, and no dates have been made official. Could there be no Bridge School this year? I hope not...
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    doesnt sound like something to worry about
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • Options
    I've seen the dates posted on Live Nation Tickets and a couple of places like Neil's setlist page Sugar Mountain website. It will be October 25-26.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I was at the Foo Fighters Pantages gigs at the end of August and the line-up for Bridge School 20 wasn't officially announced at that time.
    That's why my prediction was 100% correct a couple of weeks later.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    If the band is working on the cd though, maybe it's better if they don't go? :o
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    justam wrote:

Gotta agree. Let them get a new album and they can do Bridge School next year.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Gotta agree. Let them get a new album and they can do Bridge School next year.
    Maybe Ed will do a 'make-up' gig for having to bail last year. Snag Flea and Jack and do a plugged in set for the kids.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    I'd be more worried about the "Bridge School" if the concert doesn't happen...that's a lot of lost donations.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    Last few years it's been out later and later, and never before Labor Day (since 2003 at least).
    Not to worry.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    justam wrote:

Yeah, cuz a whole weekend away will fuck up the whole process! I don't know how they'd survive!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Yeah, cuz a whole weekend away will fuck up the whole process! I don't know how they'd survive!

:p

:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    Isn't the line-up announced 2 weeks(ish) before tickets go on sale?

I'm not going to worry yet -- Tickmaster sold on these days:

2003 was 9/28
    04 - 9/12
    06 - 9/17
    07 was 9/9
  • Options
    no worries...the line-up doesn't get announces until the first or second week of september...if past experience holds
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    I am hoping for an announcement tomorrow, otherwise it will be another week of pulling my hair out
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    shitting myself
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07