Options

Indian Summer... and my PJ life tour!

webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
edited August 2008 in The Porch
If there is one desire all of us die-hard Pearl Jam fans have, it is to better understand Eddie and the band, in all that they do.

Which is why i have finally decided TO TRAVEL TO INDIA AND EXPERIENCE AN INDIAN SUMMER!:D:D My brother asked me, why the hell would you wanna go to india? I basically said, to better experience what Eddie was talking about in the song "Once". He clearly says how he hates the heat of the Indian Summer... i want to fully experience what it is like so i can sort of become spiritually closer to the band's thoughts and words.

So then he asks me, are you going to do anything there and what are you gonna see? I said, nothing! I really dont care about travelling or seeing any landmarks (it makes the trip financially cheaper for me too) I just wanna go there, sit out in the heat and experience the indian summer.

So yeah i've booked my flight for 29th July and i cant wait!!! But thats not all guys! I plan to go through each song and each album in sequence and experience a certain aspect of those songs. Even Flow is up next (being the next song they released after "Once") and im thinking of spending a week or two out on the streets to bbetter experience what the character in Even Flow would have experienceed. After I've done that, Alive is to be done. Im not sure what I'm gonna do for that but Im thinking of living with an orphan kid (who lostr his own dad) for a few days to sort of experience wat it would have been like for Ed. Anywhoo there is a lot of time for me still to decide on that!

So then are all the others which I havent planned. I plan to go thrugh every song on every album in order and experience a part of them!~

Only problem is now my mother is kicking me out of the house by friday cos she thinks im stupid. Which sucks enough on its own, but is even worse cos it'll kinda make me homeless until the 29th! And thats bad cos i really dont wanna experienmce Even Flow out of sequence! So im really tryign to find somewhere to stay for a few weeks before i set off for India. If someone could plz help me out that would be great.

Anywhoo, plz tell me what you think! I hope youre all excited for me!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Are you serious?

;)
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    uh, wow....this is pretty intense.

not really sure what to say....what to say

but i love to travel also.....so go for it....no regrets!
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Are you serious?

;)
    Yeah man and this is gonna be so cool

Holy shit I am lucky! You live in Sydney too! Please PM me if you know anywhere I can stay for a couple of weeks
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    webberf1 wrote:
    If there is one desire all of us die-hard Pearl Jam fans have, it is to better understand Eddie and the band, in all that they do.

Which is why i have finally decided TO TRAVEL TO INDIA AND EXPERIENCE AN INDIAN SUMMER!:D:D My brother asked me, why the hell would you wanna go to india? I basically said, to better experience what Eddie was talking about in the song "Once". He clearly says how he hates the heat of the Indian Summer... i want to fully experience what it is like so i can sort of become spiritually closer to the band's thoughts and words.

So then he asks me, are you going to do anything there and what are you gonna see? I said, nothing! I really dont care about travelling or seeing any landmarks (it makes the trip financially cheaper for me too) I just wanna go there, sit out in the heat and experience the indian summer.

So yeah i've booked my flight for 29th July and i cant wait!!! But thats not all guys! I plan to go through each song and each album in sequence and experience a certain aspect of those songs. Even Flow is up next (being the next song they released after "Once") and im thinking of spending a week or two out on the streets to bbetter experience what the character in Even Flow would have experienceed. After I've done that, Alive is to be done. Im not sure what I'm gonna do for that but Im thinking of living with an orphan kid (who lostr his own dad) for a few days to sort of experience wat it would have been like for Ed. Anywhoo there is a lot of time for me still to decide on that!

So then are all the others which I havent planned. I plan to go thrugh every song on every album in order and experience a part of them!~

Only problem is now my mother is kicking me out of the house by friday cos she thinks im stupid. Which sucks enough on its own, but is even worse cos it'll kinda make me homeless until the 29th! And thats bad cos i really dont wanna experienmce Even Flow out of sequence! So im really tryign to find somewhere to stay for a few weeks before i set off for India. If someone could plz help me out that would be great.

Anywhoo, plz tell me what you think! I hope youre all excited for me!

Indian Summer is the term that is used for a heat wave in the winter. I don't think it has roots in the Indian Sub Continent.

EDIT: from wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_summer
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Indian Summer is the term that is used for a heat wave in the winter. I don't think it has roots in the Indian Sub Continent.

EDIT: from wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_summer

Now with that minor downer detail out of the way I'd like to say. Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

Good for you. You are making a great, life changing decision. Your perspective on the world will change for the better as you get to see something new.

I think you have a rather interesting and thought out path, that will lead you through some of the most memorable times of your life.

If I could suggest one thing it would be this. Go to Varnasai. Seek out the the "Burning" Ghats. It is an amazing spiritual place where you will witness some incredible views of humanity.

This is in the North towards Nepal. Katmandu would also be recommended.

Otherwise Goa is a good spot for a solo traveler. That however is in the far south.

Good travels.
    I really do not believe you about what you call an Indian Summer, i think Eddie literally meant summer in India on this one. But thankyou for your overall support nonetheless:).

Uh, I really dont plan on visiting any of those places you mentioned. Like I said in my first post I'm just planning of going there, sitting around and really experiencing how hot an Indian summer can be. Doing that for about a month then I'm on my way back to experience the Even Flow life!
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    how are you going to experience the Jeremy life?
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    Doesn't anyone understand sarcasm anymore?
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    SammyK14 wrote:
    how are you going to experience the Jeremy life?
    You know what I hadn't really thought about that one yet... but now that you mention it, that could be a tricky one lol. Obviously I can't kill myself cos that would kinda ruin the plan, so i dunno. Maybe I'll just pick on some kid for a while. I don't really wanna pick on him until he committs suicide... maybe just til he develops an eating disorder or something.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    haha... Indian Summer, I never thought of it as an actual summer in India, I always thought of the term because my grandpa used to say it a lot when I was a kid.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    webberf1 wrote:
    You know what I hadn't really thought about that one yet... but now that you mention it, that could be a tricky one lol. Obviously I can't kill myself cos that would kinda ruin the plan, so i dunno. Maybe I'll just pick on some kid for a while. I don't really wanna pick on him until he committs suicide... maybe just til he develops an eating disorder or something.

lol wow... what you should do, if you really want to do the Jeremy thing is, well first rent and watch a movie called Harold and Maude... he has many faux suicides in that flick and they are very entertaining... you could do something like that... I hear Ed is a fan of the movie too so even better!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    toronado10 wrote:
    Doesn't anyone understand sarcasm anymore?

I would expect better of myself, but I'm about to nod off. It's bedtime here in LA LA Land.

I would have been better prepared for this garbage if I had read this:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=257045

I think they call it Trolling. Hate being caught.

EDIT: My 400th post. Something good did come out of all this nonsense.
  • Options
    What we got here folks is one seriosuly bored mo-fo...
  • Options
    webberf1 wrote:
    Yeah man and this is gonna be so cool

Holy shit I am lucky! You live in Sydney too! Please PM me if you know anywhere I can stay for a couple of weeks

Surely you have friends you can stay with? Why is your mum kicking you out? I would offer you the couch at my place except you sound a bit whacky. ;)
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA!!! best response ever!!

But I'm serious :)
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    I would expect better of myself, but I'm about to nod off. It's bedtime here in LA LA Land.

I would have been better prepared for this garbage if I had read this:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=257045

I think they call it Trolling. Hate being caught.

EDIT: My 400th post. Something good did come out of all this nonsense.
    AHAHAHAHAHA

yea lol u got me

good to see i fooled a couple of people AGAIN haha
  • Options
    webberf1 wrote:
    AHAHAHAHAHA

yea lol u got me

good to see i fooled a couple of people AGAIN haha

You're a goose. :rolleyes:

So are you really from Sydney? :eek:
  • Options
    What we got here folks is one seriosuly bored mo-fo...
    I am. I'm at work and it's a slow time of the month:( so i need something to keep me entertained!;)
  • Options
    webberf1 wrote:
    I am. I'm at work and it's a slow time of the month:( so i need something to keep me entertained!;)

Come and post on this thread if you're bored.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=170847&page=4939
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    E.K wrote:

God I hope not, he will give all the rest of us a bad name :D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    God I hope not, he will give all the rest of us a bad name :D

Hey another Sydneysider. :cool:
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

Hey, sorry bout the wait - I literally left work like 5 mins after my last post. Indeed I do live in Sydney! You as well I trust?
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    you want to experience me?
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    So for Black are you going to break up with your gf/bf (if you have one) and then be miserable for a few months/years?

Awesome! Great idea!

Hey...I'm gonna live ouy Vitalogy! I'll just walk around and be pissed about my "celebrity" and the exploitation of me by the media and government. Then at the end I get to kill myself and live in Imortality!

SWEET!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Ed says in Once "Indian summer and I hate the heat". If you are trying to copy the song, why would you go someplace warm. he hates the heat, so after 1 day i would leave.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Elbereth84Elbereth84 Posts: 253
    webberf1 wrote:
    I really do not believe you about what you call an Indian Summer, i think Eddie literally meant summer in India on this one. But thankyou for your overall support nonetheless:).

Uh, I really dont plan on visiting any of those places you mentioned. Like I said in my first post I'm just planning of going there, sitting around and really experiencing how hot an Indian summer can be. Doing that for about a month then I'm on my way back to experience the Even Flow life!

Ehm, I don't wanna spoil the party ... but I absolutely agree with Wilds' opinion and what he found on Wikipedia ... that Indian Summer is just a "period of sunny and warm weather in autumn, not long before winter". Probably Eddie's lyrics are not related with the summer season in India ... cause I think Eddie has not been in India before when he was writing the lyrics.

But I still wish you all luck in India and hope that you'll make the experiences that you expect from this trip. :)