Options

Question Regarding Song Meanings

BonesbowersBonesbowers Posts: 39
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Hey I seen a post earlier that evenflow was about a homeless man. Just wondering if anyone has an idea or list of what each Pearl jam song is actually about? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
JB
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,048
    Good Luck.

Seems the writer(s) responible seems to leave meanings a little vauge on purpose. Something about drawing the listener in and allowing them to decide for themselves.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    You can check here for many Pearl Jam song meanings - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Pearl_Jam_songs

There's quotes from the actual band members.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    if you suggest particular ones im sure people here will help you, but a broad explanation of their catalogue is far too much for anyone to post.

anyways, many band members have commented on songs theyve written, the liner notes of Lost Dogs explain quite a bit too. and some songs are plain obvious what they are about. im sure there are some songs that have not been explained, but thats the beauty of art.

dissident was ruined for me a little bit when i heard what it was about. personal interpretation can be a great thing
  • Options
    If you wanna know what the 'hits' are about, here is a link that has them all in a nutshell :)

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=62
    we're all going to the same place...