Options

11/17/93 Eddie V arrested in New Orleans

eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
edited November 2008 in The Porch
it was the second shoe out of 3 when after the show that night he got arrested for spitting on a bouncer at a bar in the french quarter we were there just couldnt tell what was going on but the next show eddie came out on stage with a cop and told everyone what a pussy the guy was who couldnt take getting spit on then had the crowd start spitting on him even catching the crowds spit in his mouth. now thats classic vedder.........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    eyecanwalk wrote:
    it was the second shoe out of 3 when after the show that night he got arrested for spitting on a bouncer at a bar in the french quarter we were there just couldnt tell what was going on but the next show eddie came out on stage with a cop and told everyone what a pussy the guy was who couldnt take getting spit on then had the crowd start spitting on him even catching the crowds spit in his mouth. now thats classic vedder.........

It was the 18th when he was arrested.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    sorry wrong date that was a few years ago but at least i was there. heres the story

Notes and Quotes: "You do us one favour, take care of each other tonight", before 'Go'. "this song is about my mother it's called Animal". "I've got some good advice for ya, don't die", before 'Jeremy'. During 'Even Flow' , Eddie said something like this "look what I've been through". "Hey you ever feel like saying: you know what, I've been fuck in the ass so many times that I've got shit coming out of my mouth and you know what I feel? Like kissing you, that's how I feel", before 'Daughter'. The encore began with Eddie saying "This is a song for someone who's here tonight and they know who it is and it's by Pete Townshend", leading to a version of 'The Kids are Alright,' performed by Eddie solo.

On November 17th, two weeks into Pearl Jam's U.S. tour, Eddie was arrested in New Orleans on charges of public drunkenness after a bar room brawl. At around four in the morning, after the first of Pearl Jam's three sell-out shows at the Lake Front Arena, Eddie was drinking in a bar on Decataur Street in the city's French Quarter with members of support band Urge Overkill and Jack McDowall, pitcher for the Chicago White Sox, Urge's local baseball team. Eddie was allegedly involved in an altercation with a local resident, James Gorman. After a frank exchange of opinions, Eddie reportedly spat in Gorman's face. A full-scale fist-fight erupted, the fracas spilling onto the street. In the chaos that followed, Eddie was said to have knocked Gorman unconscious, while McDowall was flattened by a bouncer from the nearby Blue Crystal Nightclub. When the police arrived, they charged Eddie with public drunkness and disturbing the peace. He was released on $600 bond. A few months later Eddie was acquitted by a New Orleans Judge.

"And I didn't do SHIT! What happened, was that in New Orleans, somebody did something I didn't like and I spit in their face. And now there's a three million dollar lawsuit. That's fuckin' bullshit. It was like, I was thinking, 'Would I take this off this guy if I was just fuckin' anybody?'" And I thought, 'No, I fuckin' wouldn't.' I don't know his fuckin' name, I must have talked to, like, two dozen people that night in that bar and the names of 20 of them ended up on my cocktail napkin plus one for the guest list to our next show. And as far as I remember I talked to this guy for a while. "You know," he says suddenly, interrupting himself, "I'm not supposed to even talk about this because it's still in litigation. But fuck that, man. Fuck it. I didn't do shit. I was with Blackie and Ed from Urge. I talked to this guy for a while and we tried to walk on. But this guy, he wouldn't let it go. He still had to have more. He still had to cover some more points. And Blackie says, 'Look, man, just mellow out, we're going, you know...' And this guy's going, 'No, no. I got to say one more thing, we gotta talk...,' and finally I kinda held him against the wall, I spit in his face. Big fuckin' deal. Anyway, then all hell broke loose. But I never threw a punch. Thank goodness. Because -- who knows? -- I could really have hurt him. Because that's when I realized, you know, that my friend was hurt. He fell into the bumper of a Jeep on the street there. So there's this guy, a talented and well-respected friend of mine who's lying on the ground unconscious because of this little dick who's saying to me, 'You're not my Messiah, you're not my Messiah...' and I'm going, 'That's what I was trying to tell you, man. That's what I was trying to tell you. I'm not your fuckin' Messiah.'", Eddie Vedder.

During the show on November 17th, Eddie sang after 'Rats' a few lines from Michael Jackson's 'Ben'. After 'Blood' Eddie said that he and Jeff, "just decided that this was the best bottle of wine so far we've had this tour... so that's means we're gonna stick around and play for a little bit longer". Then the crew brought out an organ, "That's nice!... You know what this means... this must mean that our friend Brendan O'Brien is town. And he's gonna play, uh... He's gonna play that... for you." While they're waiting Eddie said, "So who's coming tomorrow?... If you need tickets I've got some extras." He then started searching around in his jacket pockets. "Oh it must be in my other coat." Brendan took his seat at the organ as Eddie introduced Victoria Williams. 'Crazy Mary' was played
  • Options
    ha! public drunkenness

been there

done that
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Crazy how much Eddie has changed over the years. Can you imagine him doing something like that now?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    It was the 18th when he was arrested.
    looks like you got a little competion, TradeKing :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Spitting in someones face? Not cool Ed, not cool. :D
  • Options
    Hey thanks for sharing that story. It was fun to read that.
  • Options
    tomorow i'll tell you what eddie said about black
  • Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179
    Flagg wrote:
    Crazy how much Eddie has changed over the years. Can you imagine him doing something like that now?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm actually quite glad that those years are over. Maybe it's because I'm older too, but I just don't get the anger thing anymore. Also, I couldn't even follow what he was talking about during his little tirade (which, I assume, was delivered during a concert?)
  • Options
    Ed got arrested on my Birthday??...that's why he didn't make the party ;)

man...Ed was bad ass..crazy mutha fucka! :D
  • Options
    I hope this one isolated incident doesn’t shine negatively on mr Gorman’s otherwise brilliant career as a more than loyal fan…

Haha, the guy sounds like a total mental case. I caught Pearl Jam two weeks later in Reno and I think Vedder was still pissed off.