Options

Pearl Jam 2008 Bootleg Program

Comments

• Options
    JasonAZJasonAZ Posts: 11
    I'm also not able to get it yet...

Neither have I, but it's probably not quite ready yet. Virginia Beach is also slated for today.

I received an email about the Columbia show last night, and the link instantly became active. That show was slated for release today, and it came early, so fear not.

Hope that helps those who only ordered Bonnaroo, Jason
  • Options
    guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    stupid question....

whats the link to order the mp3 downloads? im looking everywhere and i cant find it..

sorry for the dumb ass question...
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    JasonAZ wrote:
    Oh and it looks like the start of Betterman was put on the WMA file. The Betterman file starts when Ed starts to sing again.

Yeah.. what a fucking joke! They must have outsourced the mixing to somebody who's not even a fan or took the time to make sure the songs started at the correct spots.

I only got the Columbia show so far... but if that's how Eddie sounds on the rest of the bootlegs, then I won't be getting anymore! Either he was having a bad night.. or the smoking has caught up with his voice.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    guertin32 wrote:
    stupid question....

whats the link to order the mp3 downloads? im looking everywhere and i cant find it..

sorry for the dumb ass question...

https://secure.pearljam.com/store/category.spring?categoryId=8
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 643
    I just ordered the Bootleg CDs for the 6 shows I went to!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Thanks 10C for making these available again!!!!!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i am so, so, sooooooooo PSYCHED for the bootlegs!!! :D i ordered all the shows i've attended, CDs, and cannot WAIT to hear em! the whole crowd reaction to betterman at mansfield I, after the show all i could think of what chills will occur first time i get to hear that on the boot. :cool: this enitre tour has been so KICK-ASS...band and crowds alike....these boots will be UNREAL!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    When the fuck is Bonnaroo going to be up already. I don't know why I keep waiting to throw my money down to get bootlegs that sound like shit this tour.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    blood55blood55 Posts: 13
    i am very glad that we can buy cds of the amazing shows we go to. thanks

Blood55
    Lollapalooza-2007
    Bonnaroo-2008
    United Center-2009
  • Options
    I agree that the wait is very unsettling. It was suppose to be released today. I wonder if they have technical issues with it or something? I will remain patient.
  • Options
    jps176jps176 Posts: 50
    MattyJoe wrote:
    The Verizon deal is all about cost. They were probably looking to reduce the cost of the official boots, part of the reason, I think, as to why we got no '07 boots. They were losing money. By signing the deal with Verizon, they managed to have some of the cost of taping and distributing the boots taken off them by using Verizon-sponsored equipment, and, in return, offering the cell phone downloads. I'd rather have this than no boots which is where the situation was probably headed.

Which I do not understand. Bands like Widespread Panic and Gov't Mule have practically every show they've done since 2004 or 2005 still up for download purchases on their websites, and haven't taken them down. I also read in a recent Rolling Stone that bands like that are making more money on their live downloads than regular CDs - meaning selling the shows continually aren't losing them money. Now, I know these bands tour more than PJ, and they do have hardcore fan bases (I know because I am one), but I cannot believe they would have any more of a huge demand for live recordings than PJ would. I guess what I'm asking is, if a band like Widespread Panic can continually host live show sales, why can't PJ, when I know demand has probably go to be even higher for their stuff?
  • Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    a question, what happens if im downloading a concert now, I it remains aprox, 45 minutes but I have to leave in 20 min? Can I continue to download it tomorrow from were I stoped or whats the deal?
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    jps176 wrote:
    Which I do not understand. Bands like Widespread Panic and Gov't Mule have practically every show they've done since 2004 or 2005 still up for download purchases on their websites, and haven't taken them down. I also read in a recent Rolling Stone that bands like that are making more money on their live downloads than regular CDs - meaning selling the shows continually aren't losing them money. Now, I know these bands tour more than PJ, and they do have hardcore fan bases (I know because I am one), but I cannot believe they would have any more of a huge demand for live recordings than PJ would. I guess what I'm asking is, if a band like Widespread Panic can continually host live show sales, why can't PJ, when I know demand has probably go to be even higher for their stuff?

I think the reason PJ has problems is because they keep fucking around with the format and the concept behind the boots. If they would just pick one damn way to do it and stick with it, it would be fine. It would get better and faster and more efficient and all would be well. But we are on what, our 4th incarnation of the bootlegs?

The retail CDs were too overwhelming, the Basecamp thing was too complicated, the current way of doing things makes the most sense, assuming they stick with it. They just have to stick with it, even if it does not go perfectly this time, things will get better with experience.

Personally, and I know this is far too complicated to really do, but I think the best idea would be the Official Bootleg Bittorrent tracker, which would totally lighten the load on the Ten Club bandwidth wise. But that may just be a bit too forward thinking.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    I think the reason PJ has problems is because they keep fucking around with the format and the concept behind the boots. If they would just pick one damn way to do it and stick with it, it would be fine. It would get better and faster and more efficient and all would be well. But we are on what, our 4th incarnation of the bootlegs?

The retail CDs were too overwhelming, the Basecamp thing was too complicated, the current way of doing things makes the most sense, assuming they stick with it. They just have to stick with it, even if it does not go perfectly this time, things will get better with experience.

Personally, and I know this is far too complicated to really do, but I think the best idea would be the Official Bootleg Bittorrent tracker, which would totally lighten the load on the Ten Club bandwidth wise. But that may just be a bit too forward thinking.

What was so complicated about Basecamp. That was by far the best way they've done it.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    What was so complicated about Basecamp. That was by far the best way they've done it.

It required proprietary software, which was just unnecessary. That costs money to develop, license, and run. If the general thesis is that they are having a hard time turning a profit on the boots (thus the Verizon thing) then they need to do it cheaply, with just a direct download.

That isn't to say I didn't like the Basecamp boots, particularly the 2006 run, I thought those sounded really good and I loved the FLAC's.

As mentioned above I just don't see how Widespread Panic pulls this off and PJ seems to have problems figuring out just what the hell they are doing.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    It required proprietary software, which was just unnecessary. That costs money to develop, license, and run. If the general thesis is that they are having a hard time turning a profit on the boots (thus the Verizon thing) then they need to do it cheaply, with just a direct download.

That isn't to say I didn't like the Basecamp boots, particularly the 2006 run, I thought those sounded really good and I loved the FLAC's.

As mentioned above I just don't see how Widespread Panic pulls this off and PJ seems to have problems figuring out just what the hell they are doing.

Well so far the cheap alternative is resulting in a cheap sounding bootleg. I don't pretend to understand what you're talking about with the software, but I had a hunch they are doing it this way because they are pulling more of a profit. I've been listening to the new ones for a few days, went back to an 06 today, and the difference is night and day. If they're charging the same, they should sound the same. Thats my stance. The only gripe I ever had with Basecamp was 05 when they were combining songs .
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Well so far the cheap alternative is resulting in a cheap sounding bootleg. I don't pretend to understand what you're talking about with the software, but I had a hunch they are doing it this way because they are pulling more of a profit. I've been listening to the new ones for a few days, went back to an 06 today, and the difference is night and day. If they're charging the same, they should sound the same. Thats my stance. The only gripe I ever had with Basecamp was 05 when they were combining songs .

Fair enough, I totally agree on the sound issue. Like I said once we got to 06 with Basecamp they were doing a really good job.

If I remember correctly the whole Basecamp thing was PJ partnering with a startup company, where PJ provided the content and Basecamp provided the distribution system. The problem with that was that clearly Basecamp didn't last and PJ had to come up with something else, and now they are starting over again.

But the real question here is the one posed earlier in the thread... If Widespread Panic can do it, and do it well... Why can't Pearl Jam?
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Is the image on pearljam.com what the package is going to be?
  • Options
    It's just like the Kanye thing. Bonnaroo just kept postponing it without an announced reason, and then when the time would come that they had announced, nothing happened.

Don't say June 30 if you're not 100% sure. Say July 10, or "tbd - tech difficulties", something that you know will be correct.

Hopefully the next delay is properly explained. I'm sure it's something we'll be glad they waited on - perhaps a conflict with the Bonnaroo DVD, maybe we'll get a higher quality recorded mix.

Doubtful, though...
  • Options
    Any suggestions as to which 3 shows i should order?
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,189
    Loking through the setlists and it's hard to decide what to get, I will also buy three boots to "capture the tour" (can't afford more)

Did they have backup vocals on all night, wma and who you are ONLY at msg?

As it seems now I will buy, MSG1, Hartford and mansfield2.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The charge for the Bonnaroo CD bootleg just hit my account, so that should be good news.
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    The charge for the Bonnaroo CD bootleg just hit my account, so that should be good news.

I purchased 4 shows including that one on Friday and my statement is showing I was charged for all 4 the next day.
  • Options
    Ralph wrote:
    I purchased 4 shows including that one on Friday and my statement is showing I was charged for all 4 the next day.

It originally showed on my account, and then it went away, but now it's back.

Weird.
  • Options
    bfinleybfinley Posts: 2
    How's everyone, been a long time since I posted-but i read still.

Anyways- Is anyone having problems with the download of concerts- I bought the Va Beach Concert yesterday and it wasn't available yesterday until after I left for the Mansfield II concert (which was awesome). So while I was at the concert I got an e-mail saying it was ready for download and when I went to download it this morning it says that it has expired and now I can't download it. Anyone having this kind of problem?

Thanks.
  • Options
    IndyDaveIndyDave Posts: 252
    I had that happen, BUT after I had downloaded the show.
    However all links are now on again for me, so it appears you can download a show multiple times if necessary.

Still waiting for Bonnaroo. Oh, where art though Bonnaroo? It would be nice to have at least some kind of update on when it can be expected. It's still saying it will be available on 6/30 (after being delayed from 6/28 and two subsequent shows being issued) and one day later we are left hoping and wondering.

Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    IndyDave wrote:
    I had that happen, BUT after I had downloaded the show.
    However all links are now on again for me, so it appears you can download a show multiple times if necessary.

Still waiting for Bonnaroo. Oh, where art though Bonnaroo? It would be nice to have at least some kind of update on when it can be expected. It's still saying it will be available on 6/30 (after being delayed from 6/28 and two subsequent shows being issued) and one day later we are left hoping and wondering.

For real. Im gettin antsy
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    bfinleybfinley Posts: 2
    This seems like for everyone its bonnaroo problem, and I'm just getting screwed on the virginia beach one all by myself.
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    JULY 15!!!!!! for Bonnaroo?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    JULY 15!!!!!! for Bonnaroo?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yep. Mine just changed from 6/30 to 7/15.

Must be one hell of a mix job.
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • Options
    jps176jps176 Posts: 50
    Fair enough, I totally agree on the sound issue. Like I said once we got to 06 with Basecamp they were doing a really good job.

If I remember correctly the whole Basecamp thing was PJ partnering with a startup company, where PJ provided the content and Basecamp provided the distribution system. The problem with that was that clearly Basecamp didn't last and PJ had to come up with something else, and now they are starting over again.

But the real question here is the one posed earlier in the thread... If Widespread Panic can do it, and do it well... Why can't Pearl Jam?

I just have to point out that it's not just Panic... If you go to nugs.net, you see a whole shitload of bands that leave their shows up for sale permanently (nugs is great because it redirects you to the bands respective sites). In fact, Pearl Jam is the only band I can think of that has sold downloads of their shows that they then pull down. Can anyone think of any others? I would say instead of Panic, if Umphrey's Mcgee can do this, why can't Pearl Jam?