Options

Smoking at shows?

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited June 2008 in The Porch
On another thread I jokingly made fun of someone for saying they'd call security on smokers... the reply I got was something along the lines of 'cigarettes stink, it's illegal and if you don't listen to me I'll get you thrown out' and THEN it was followed by 'but if it's weed, pass it this way' :confused: and a couple of other people agreed.

Hang on a second... I get your point about cigarettes being illegal indoors and that they stink... fair enough... but :confused: isn't the rest of the statement just a TAD hypocritical? Hmmm... I'm a cigarette smoker.... and I don't know how anyone could deny that weed absolutely STINKS! And eh... talk about illegal? :confused::p
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Cigarettes are just plain bullshit..... Especially indoors!!

Weed might stink but it is a good stink....

End of story.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Cigarettes are just plain bullshit..... Especially indoors!!

Weed might stink but it is a good stink....

End of story.

Couldn't I just say the opposite, druggie?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    druggie???[/quote]
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I was stinkin' up MSG my friends!!!!!!! And it smelled so ick ick ick icky good!!!!!!!!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    :D I just find it funny to think that someone would share a joint but then would get someone kicked out for smoking a cigarette :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I think 9 out of 10 people would rather smell weed at a show than cigarettes.

Me personally.. I do not smoke weed or cigarettes but I would rather have someone smoking weed next to me than cigarettes any day of the week.
  • Options
    I think 9 out of 10 people would rather smell weed at a show than cigarettes.

Me personally.. I do not smoke weed or cigarettes but I would rather have someone smoking weed next to me than cigarettes any day of the week.
    I just smoke cigarettes, nothing against weed though. And I can understand why people don't like others smoking... that's fair enough... but if you're gonna suggest that weed's ok, ya really CAN'T give out about people smoking cigarettes... or say you'd get them thrown out :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    they are both fucking stupid things to do. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,752
    At a rock concert you gotta expect to get smoked on, spilled on and maybe even pee'd on. If you don't want any of those things to happen to you, visit your local library instead.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    chrisg72chrisg72 South Jersey Posts: 112
    Both nights I smelled some really good weed. Honestly I didn't notice cigarettes though. I am sure there were people smoking cigarettes, I couldn't even smell it--not like the weed. I would never ask to kick anyone out of a concert, that is very hypocritical.

release30 wrote:
    I was stinkin' up MSG my friends!!!!!!! And it smelled so ick ick ick icky good!!!!!!!!!!
    9.28.96 - 9.29.96 - 9.1.00 - 6.3.06 - 6.24.08 - 6.25.08 - EV 8.7.08 - 10.30.09 - 5.20.10 - 5.21.10 - 9.11.11
  • Options
    chrisg72 wrote:
    Both nights I smelled some really good weed. Honestly I didn't notice cigarettes though. I am sure there were people smoking cigarettes, I couldn't even smell it--not like the weed. I would never ask to kick anyone out of a concert, that is very hypocritical.
    Especially cos most smokers are actually quite respectful. I only smoke at shows AFTER I've asked any non smokers who may be in breathing distance if they'd prefer me to go outside (when possible). If it's not possible to go out but still possible to smoke, I still say it to them first and blow it as far away from them as possible. But if someone goes on the offense and starts threatening to get me thrown out... well that will not make me a happy camper at all... there are ways to approach these things. I don't wanna upset or annoy people... but at the same time... get over it :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Tampa was a f-in kind bud festival.

My girlfriend doesn't smoke and she left high as shit.

Had to stop to eat twice on the way home.
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    DeLukin wrote:
    At a rock concert you gotta expect to get smoked on, spilled on and maybe even pee'd on. If you don't want any of those things to happen to you, visit your local library instead.
    don't forget puked on.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I have not had weed in years.I smoke cigs but I will not do it indoors at concerts.Weed is fine at concerts.I got a nice contact high at WPB.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Maybe its because if someone is smoking weed next to you it will probably only be for a minute or so (most of the time, obviously not all) whereas the average cigarette is like 5 minutes.

I'm an ex-smoker & I am really annoying about people smoking anywhere near me. Even so, I don't have a problem with smokers if it is open air seating.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Maybe its because if someone is smoking weed next to you it will probably only be for a minute or so (most of the time, obviously not all) whereas the average cigarette is like 5 minutes.

I'm an ex-smoker & I am really annoying about people smoking anywhere near me. Even so, I don't have a problem with smokers if it is open air seating.
    I dunno, in those kinds of situations, I'd usually just take a couple of really quick drags and the cigarette would be out within a minute. I'm quite a chicken and don't fancy getting kicked out :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I SMOKE STOGS inside and outside,, and i could care less what anyone thinks
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I have seen more cigarette smokers this tour than I can ever remember.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    BinFrog wrote:
    I have seen more cigarette smokers this tour than I can ever remember.

That's a bad economy for ya. Cheap vices on the rise.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    :D I just find it funny to think that someone would share a joint but then would get someone kicked out for smoking a cigarette :D

You'll love this story from Friday's USA Today then (p.s. tobacco kills!):

Tobacco ban wafts into Amsterdam pot shops

By Jeffrey Stinson, USA TODAY

AMSTERDAM — Starting next week, you'll still be able to legally smoke a joint in the famously relaxed coffee shops of Amsterdam — but for a cigarette, you'll have to step outside.
    A tobacco ban that goes into effect Tuesday in the Netherlands has both tourists and shop owners, like, totally confused, man.
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    spearhead wrote:
    You'll love this story from Friday's USA Today then (p.s. tobacco kills!):

Tobacco ban wafts into Amsterdam pot shops

By Jeffrey Stinson, USA TODAY

AMSTERDAM — Starting next week, you'll still be able to legally smoke a joint in the famously relaxed coffee shops of Amsterdam — but for a cigarette, you'll have to step outside.
    A tobacco ban that goes into effect Tuesday in the Netherlands has both tourists and shop owners, like, totally confused, man.
    :eek: I've finally been rendered speechless :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

hopefully it's packed with the "good stuff"!!
  • Options
    hopefully it's packed with the "good stuff"!!

reg ones and special ones
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    stoneg wrote:
    don't forget puked on.

Then you might as well add get the shit kicked out of you if that is the case.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    NY PJ1 wrote:

That's a wonderful attitude that will help you coexist with the rest of society.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    On another thread I jokingly made fun of someone for saying they'd call security on smokers... the reply I got was something along the lines of 'cigarettes stink, it's illegal and if you don't listen to me I'll get you thrown out' and THEN it was followed by 'but if it's weed, pass it this way' :confused: and a couple of other people agreed.

Hang on a second... I get your point about cigarettes being illegal indoors and that they stink... fair enough... but :confused: isn't the rest of the statement just a TAD hypocritical? Hmmm... I'm a cigarette smoker.... and I don't know how anyone could deny that weed absolutely STINKS! And eh... talk about illegal? :confused::p

Nope, I agree with them all the way ;p
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Urohawk wrote:
    That's a wonderful attitude that will help you coexist with the rest of society.

like i said i could care less about what others say or think
  • Options
    Urohawk wrote:
    Then you might as well add get the shit kicked out of you if that is the case.

:D:D:D:D WORD!!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    like i said i could care less about what others say or think

that means you do actually care... if you say "i COULDN'T care less" then it makes sense... saying "I could care less" means you do actually care...

it's a pet hate of mine... that and ignorant smokers who hate their own lungs as well as other peoples.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    that means you do actually care... if you say "i COULDN'T care less" then it makes sense... saying "I could care less" means you do actually care...

it's a pet hate of mine... that and ignorant smokers who hate their own lungs as well as other peoples.

sorry grammar police

its getting old