Options

Ten Club Update

MFC9289MFC9289 Posts: 144
edited November 2008 in The Porch
"There has been some more activity in the Pearl Jam warehouse rehearsal space. Equipment is being pulled off the shelves and dusted off. Rows of amps have been seen as well as guitars being tuned up. No doubt something is brewing."

Does this mean they are still writing, or ready to record, or what? I'm really bad at determining these types of things.
Boston II 9/29/04, Bonnaroo 6/14/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08

"Ransom paid the devil
He whispers pleasing words
Triumphant are the angels if they can get there first..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    This means they let Boom out of the basement.
  • Options
    I assumed it met they were starting to warm up for a tour. Cause wouldn't you just rehearse to record in the studio. But then I realized that that would cost money. It could really be either.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i'm not musicologist, but "rows of amps" means tour to me
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    This is for recording, not touring.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    my guess is new cd then world tour to follow
  • Options
    And this kinda hints and talk drives me up the wall! I just can't wait for the new album!! Here's to a long wait lol....and I'd think it'd be hinting about recording, not just writing anymore, maybe the boys are making some sounds....I don't know tough to say....
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    Yeah, they would rehearse before recording. That's how you learn how to play a song. Otherwise, it would takes weeks and countless takes to record just one song.
    I assumed it met they were starting to warm up for a tour. Cause wouldn't you just rehearse to record in the studio. But then I realized that that would cost money. It could really be either.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    New Album Baby!
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 135
    You know, the first thing that I thought (not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm; I'm way overdue for a new long-playing PJ LP myself), but being the time of year it is, wouldn't they just be prepping a coupla cuts for the x-mas single? Could be wrong, hope I am, but writing new trax or prepping for a tour now? I don't see it.

Sorry to bum anyone out with this pessimistic prophecy...
  • Options
    T C HT C H Posts: 85
    my theory is that they are going to do a live video stream internet concert to launch the digital lounge
    I've got a Gibson without a case, but I can't get that even tanned look on my face...
  • Options
    T C H wrote:
    my theory is that they are going to do a live video stream internet concert to launch the digital lounge
    huh.
    Nathan
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    jbrownie wrote:
    You know, the first thing that I thought (not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm; I'm way overdue for a new long-playing PJ LP myself), but being the time of year it is, wouldn't they just be prepping a coupla cuts for the x-mas single? Could be wrong, hope I am, but writing new trax or prepping for a tour now? I don't see it.

Sorry to bum anyone out with this pessimistic prophecy...

Sure but the band members have been talking about a new album for the past 6 months, plus the Brendan O'Brian talk, so I think there are more clues about a new album than just this little snippet in the email.

That is just one more piece of the puzzle that is pointing to a new album for 2009/2010 with subsequent tour.

My guess is 2009.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    My quess - way too early to have to do with 09 tour (which has to be months off...) so something to do with new record. this is just my opinion though.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    has anyone seen Single Video Theory?????
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Gmoney wrote:

:D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    I'm definitely getting a vibe that they're off working hard on the new album, and I couldn't be happier! (Boom)shakalaka!
  • Options
    Gmoney wrote:

Those were rehearsals for the Rolling Stones shows.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    God damn it, Ten Club. I sure with I got my Ten Club e-mails. It's really not that hard to get emails to yahoo users, so stop making that excuse. Everyone else is able to get emails to me. I haven't gotten a Ten Club email in about a year.

Just add my address back to the distribution list!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!