Options

What Should I Expect From The Jam Festivities?

LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Great things come in every 5 years or so it seems for me. In 1993, I was a casual Pearl Jam fan and then '98 when YIELD came out, I was an obsessed die-hard fan.

Something about their music and lyrics that just touch my heart deeply, it's like a love-orgasm that pumps love in my heart. Sex-orgasm are good too, but love-orgasms last forever and that's how I feel about PJ and their music.

Then in 2003, I went to my first and only show so far, and that passion I have for PJ boosted up into another level of love, I can't explain.

Now it's 2008 and I'm gonna do a little mini-fan tour of my own as I'm seeing them 5 times in one week. I'm gonna try to attend the pre-show fundraisers to mingle with other Jammers. BUT this is the first time, I'm doing all of this(traveling to various shows and attending pre-shows); so What should I expect? Will I see folks on the road? Will my passionate love for PJ sky-rocket to a whole new dimension I've never known before?

Don't know what to expect, just a bit nervous. :o

Thanks in advance. :)
PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Buy my Aussie friends a beer. They're pretty easy to spot- the ones with the Aussie flag. If you see an Italian flag, an Israeli flag, a Croatian flag, a German flag or a Mexican flag, buy 'em a round too!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Buy my Aussie friends a beer. They're pretty easy to spot- the ones with the Aussie flag. If you see an Italian flag, an Israeli flag, a Croatian flag, a German flag or a Mexican flag, buy 'em a round too!
    That's a lot of beer. :)
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    Hinny wrote:

how about an american flag?
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    how about an american flag?
    That might give away a pro-McCain perception. :p
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I saw five shows in one week in 06 and let me tell ya...

You will fall in love more, and have the best time of your life..

theres nothing like seeing pj a bunch in one shot... its the "load" of all loads
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,311
    just getting to know people who are die hards like yourself will make this tour so much more fun ,in the last yr i have gotten to know a bunch of friends that are like myself when it comes to PJ ,so what shows can we expect to see you at make sure you make the preparties they rule ....:)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    I've only seen pj 4 times....I'm pretty sure thats everytime they have played Atlanta since 1994.
    I am more excited this time than any time before, because this is the first time I have 10C tix, and it is the first time I am making plans to be at the show early enough to participate in pre-show activities.
    I cant wait to meet other jam-heads and be able to talk and share, drink a couple of beers and hopefully make some new friends. I love pj much, much more than anyone I know. It will be fun to meet others who feel the same way about the band and music that I do.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    just getting to know people who are die hards like yourself will make this tour so much more fun ,in the last yr i have gotten to know a bunch of friends that are like myself when it comes to PJ ,so what shows can we expect to see you at make sure you make the preparties they rule ....:)
    I'll be at the final 5 shows. Wooo-hooo 6 more weeks baby!!!
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    Is it easy to find the preparties?
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    se7v7en wrote:
    Is it easy to find the preparties?

there's a thread around here someplace about them.
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    I've been refering to my 3 show stint between DC and the 2 MSG shows as a "3 day orgy of Pearl Jam". LOL You are going to have a FUCKING BLAST! I've begun to liken seeing Pearl Jam as something akin to a pilgrimage to mecca. Don't feel discouraged about going alone either. I saw my first true PJ concert alone at Detroit at 2000, and I had a GREAT time! I meet some really cool people who I hung out with beford hand and after (wish I could remember their SNs still) and I talked to tons of other fans. I think these shows bring out people with a common bond that is VERY strong. And it brings out people that are friendly, laid back, seem to have a like minded idealogy, and like to party!
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    You will be showered with Jammer love :-) Those pre-parties are awesome. Just mingle away....If going to Hartford and Mansfield shows, I'll see ya there :-)
    Yup, I'll be at those three through some nice 10C members here. Holding on good faith, plus got their info and cell #'s, so everything looks good. :)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    LongRd. wrote:
    Great things come in every 5 years or so it seems for me. In 1993, I was a casual Pearl Jam fan and then '98 when YIELD came out, I was an obsessed die-hard fan.

Something about their music and lyrics that just touch my heart deeply, it's like a love-orgasm that pumps love in my heart. Sex-orgasm are good too, but love-orgasms last forever and that's how I feel about PJ and their music.

Then in 2003, I went to my first and only show so far, and that passion I have for PJ boosted up into another level of love, I can't explain.

Now it's 2008 and I'm gonna do a little mini-fan tour of my own as I'm seeing them 5 times in one week. I'm gonna try to attend the pre-show fundraisers to mingle with other Jammers. BUT this is the first time, I'm doing all of this(traveling to various shows and attending pre-shows); so What should I expect? Will I see folks on the road? Will my passionate love for PJ sky-rocket to a whole new dimension I've never known before?

Don't know what to expect, just a bit nervous. :o

Thanks in advance. :)
    Exxxpect to:
    ~ feel comPLETELY at ease becuz theres no need for an exxxplanation of your exxxcitement-EVERYONE understands you!

~ from now on see any and ALL shows you possibly can.

~meet some of THEE MOST AMAZING people EVER.

~fall MORE in love with Pearl Jam after each show

~have a new respect for The Master! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Hinny wrote:

cool, thanks hinn, you are trying to get me free beer...
    don't forget about our canadians as well ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    There is nothing to be nervous about. You just kind of go with the flow. Try planning out what you want to do (fundraisers, sight-seeing, etc), but if plans change and something else sounds fun, go with it. Some of the most fun I have had before/after a PJ show was just by chance: finding the right bar, hooking up with random fans at a random spot in the city, etc. There's no best way to plan out a PJ tour, and no best approach to having fun. Loosen up and go with it, it'll take you where it wants to :)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Be prepared to spend a lot of money on booze. And have the time of your life, of course!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    There is nothing to be nervous about. You just kind of go with the flow. Try planning out what you want to do (fundraisers, sight-seeing, etc), but if plans change and something else sounds fun, go with it. Some of the most fun I have had before/after a PJ show was just by chance: finding the right bar, hooking up with random fans at a random spot in the city, etc. There's no best way to plan out a PJ tour, and no best approach to having fun. Loosen up and go with it, it'll take you where it wants to :)
    Good advice. Actually everyone who replied have good insights.
    3 more weeks to go...I can't wait baby. :)
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    LongRd, I'm actually as excited as you are, but I'm excited for you LOL, I haven't been to a concert or anything like that, but I can just imagine how amazing it's going to be for you and how amazing the fans are going to be, I mean from seeing the fans on here, I can totally tell that there are going to be same awesome fans here as where ever you head to! So I wish you all the luck mate and please when you do come back give us an ass kicking review, I'd definitely love to read that, atleast I'll feel like I went on that trip or saw their shows or something..Haha, I gotta do something to fill that PJ void eh? Update us alright mate?
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I can say without a doubt that at this point half of my love of Pearl Jam is the "experience" of touring multiple shows with fellow fans. It's so fun and exciting to meet new people, see old friends, remember faces from tours past. Some of my BFF's now I've met through touring. :) You'll have a blast. We'll introduce you to everyone!

"It's all happening!"
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Thanks Reem/MakeMe and Foxy!

Yes, I will post reviews and thoughts about the shows I'm attending. It's a whole new experience for me to do this; I've always wanted to get more involve so this is the perfect opportunity for me b/c I missed out many times in the past b/c of school and other stuff. But now I'm more flexible.

Foxy, I can't wait to see how great you and your organization is and runs. Will be great times mingling with my fellow Jammers. And Reem, I too wish PJ tour Europe and overseas for die-hard like yourself and million others.
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I can say without a doubt that at this point half of my love of Pearl Jam is the "experience" of touring multiple shows with fellow fans. It's so fun and exciting to meet new people, see old friends, remember faces from tours past. Some of my BFF's now I've met through touring. :) You'll have a blast. We'll introduce you to everyone!

"It's all happening!"
    Thanks for the PM. As I described myself, I'm sure it will be a piece of cake to notice me as I'll probably stand out from the rest of the crowd. ;)
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    LongRd. wrote:
    Thanks Reem/MakeMe and Foxy!

Yes, I will post reviews and thoughts about the shows I'm attending. It's a whole new experience for me to do this; I've always wanted to get more involve so this is the perfect opportunity for me b/c I missed out many times in the past b/c of school and other stuff. But now I'm more flexible.

Foxy, I can't wait to see how great you and your organization is and runs. Will be great times mingling with my fellow Jammers. And Reem, I too wish PJ tour Europe and overseas for die-hard like yourself and million others.

You'll have great fun LongRoad!! Me and my bf went to Chicago last year and met a bunch of people there. We felt a bit out of place at times bc we didnt know too many people yet, but they made us feel right at home. Special thanks to Foxy btw!!

One advice, dont ask people randomly if they are on the Pit, I got some real funny faces when asking some...not too friendly sometimes ..lol :rolleyes:

But you'll have fun with the boarders for sure!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    LongRd. wrote:
    Thanks for the PM. As I described myself, I'm sure it will be a piece of cake to notice me as I'll probably stand out from the rest of the crowd. ;)

It is time that we see your face on the AET, buddy!!!! Come on, we all did it...dont be a wuzz ;)

I am going over there right now and will be waiting for ya :rolleyes:

:D
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    Hey LongRd, those were some very nice words! Thanks bud! I hope that too, I'm sure there are MILLIONS of fans out there that haven't gotten the chance yet, but hopefully they will get their chance, I mean look at you, you're finally getting your chance and you're also going to meet and greet people from this forum and other great fans, so I'm sure you'll have a blast and I'm counting on the days with ya! Can't wait until those 3 weeks are over and you get to go, always keep us posted hehe....And hey, just call me Reem, no need to tire yourself and write my whole username lol....:D

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    It was exciting, fun and cool...can't wait to do more touring... :)
  • Options
    Hey LongRd, It's great to hear from you again! Wow! It's been one awesome tour from what I've heard and I can't believe it's over....I was wandering if you could fill us in on the details lol, How was it? Did you have fun? You know all those nosey questions :p I'm sure you did have one hell of a ride though, I mean anything with PJ must be one awesome ride hehe....Waiting to hear from ya :D

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    well, How was it ?

Was it all that you expected- and then some ?

I hit 7 out of the tour , we were probably at some of the same shows.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Long Rd.!! I met you outside of Sweet Janes in Hartford!! haha, hope you enjoyed the festivities...everything I hoped they would be and much more!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    Reem+Bathgate+Angel- Yeah, it's somewhat indescribable- you got to experience it I guess. Half of the excitement comes before the show, meeting new people will give you a bit of nervousness and goosebumps. Then, chitting up with them about their past PJ travels/experiences was entertaining- makes me a bit jealous that many have seen twice and three times more than I have...;)

First, I thought MSG was just electric and energentic- never thought that MSG2's show would top it but it did for me b/c of the setlist. Then thinking that Hartford would be a letdown but that was the best show in my opinion. Seeing Ed's little preset in Mansfield1 was great too so did the show(Betterman was awesome). Then Mansfield2 had Wash as opener and they played Satan's Bed and Bee Girl...

I know I'm not making any sense...LOL but you can feel the excitement I had. my heart still pumping right now, just waiting for their bootleg CD's to arrive so I can relive some of the moment. :D

oh yeah, Arcangel- You were one of the females?...lol ;) nice to have met you...hopefully, we'll met again!

Come on, Pearl Jam make a new record and hit the road again! :p
  • Options
    That's so great to hear LongRd! I bet it was an experience of a life-time! And honestly there's nothing like meeting new people and chit-chatting about a band you truly love, there's nothing like talking to people who have the same interests as you do! And I bet being on the road as well was awesome, I'm wondering though, How did you get around LongRd? Was it some small, crummy van or was it a rented car or was it hitch-hiking lol...All those things just make a road-trip what they are...I love the road....Sorry for rambling Lol! Back on point, I'm really glad you had a great time! I was excited for you before you went and now hearing the reviews I'm really glad you had a smashing time, Come on boys! Don't stop making music! We want another RECORD! :D And haha, I think everyone who had been to the shows totally understood what you wrote about the shows lol, so it makes sense to them and heck, it makes sense to me to, eventhough I haven't been to a single one lol.....