Options

People in Southern California...What are your EV plans?

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
edited March 2011 in The Porch
4 shows seems like a lot.

Hoping to go to 3, but will be happy with 2.

SB Bowl is the biggest of the local venues, so it shouldn't be too difficult of a ticket if you don't get 10C seats.

Anyone else?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    well right now it looks like wiltern and lbc...and if i can swing the $$$ i'll buy someone's extra for SB or try for a single on tm...saturday night in july at the bowl is gonna be really cool
  • Options
    RS49442RS49442 Posts: 29
    My wife and I are thinking of driving up to Santa Barbara for the weekend, 7/9 is our anniversary. We also saw PJ in LA on our first anniversary. The surf must be best in July in So Cal for Ed.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Wiltern and Long Beach via 10c (member split) and SB via general onsale if not available after a day.

It's gonna be TYT 8-)
  • Options
    Wiltern and Long Beach via 10c (member split) and SB via general onsale if not available after a day.

It's gonna be TYT 8-)

Are the TYT brothers making the trip out west?
    :)
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    San Diego for me. Copley Hall is a really cool place, saw Sigur Ros there a few years ago.

Maybe go to the LBC show too if I can swing it.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    I will be splitting Long Beach and Wiltern with one of the "brothers"...

EDDYYYYYYYY! THAT SHIT WAS TYT!
  • Options
    SP96445SP96445 Posts: 214
    All 4 venues are great. Copley hall in SD is smallest with capacity at 2200 Terrace theatre has most at 2900. Wiltern probably hardest ticket to get post pre-sale followed by SB Bowl cause its on a Sat nite and its a perfect outdoor venue.
    Care to share which show is 1st choice for pre-sale?
  • Options
    Wiltern first choice for presale here for sure.

Is it within the guidelines for a 10c member to buy their pre-sale ticket alotment on day one, pick up tickets day of show at will call and then give the pair away to someone else for face?
  • Options
    csblake111csblake111 Posts: 147
    I'm in No. Cal, but hoping to go to L.A. and Santa Barbara before heading back up north to Oakland. Then on to Portland and Seattle if I'm lucky. Husband is talking about 3 shows, I'm hoping for 4.

So 10C tickets to try for should be The Wiltern?
  • Options
    Wiltern first choice for presale here for sure.

Is it within the guidelines for a 10c member to buy their pre-sale ticket alotment on day one, pick up tickets day of show at will call and then give the pair away to someone else for face?

I think you can, just don't sell them for a profit
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Will try for Wiltern and Santa Barbara with 2 memberships.
    then the Long Beach and San Diego.

BTW Joe, you got the days mixed up in the announcement thread--Long Beach is on Wed and Wiltern is on Friday.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Curses to all you lucky 2 membership split/shows action.
    Need to sign up my wife & kids to 10C
    Post edited by SP96445 on
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

BTW Joe, you got the days mixed up in the announcement thread--Long Beach is on Wed and Wiltern is on Friday.

oops, thanks for the correction!

LB on a Wednesday is an easier drive...less traffic!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

less traffic? what la do you live in? ;) there's traffic at 3 in the morning :lol::lol:
  • Options
    SP96445 wrote:
    Curses to all you lucky 2 membership spit/shows action.
    Need to sign up my wife & kids to 10C

Luckily, my wife and I both signed up a long time ago....over a decade before we even met!
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

less traffic? what la do you live in? ;) there's traffic at 3 in the morning :lol::lol:

Less traffic on Weds. than Friday.....lesser of the evils, I reckon!
  • Options
    anyone been to the Terrace Theater? what's it like?
  • Options
    Terrace has orchestra of 1761 in 29 rows which is biggest of all 4 venues
    Loge is 10 rows 670
    Balcony is 8 rows 500 seats

Never been there looks nice enough Sez it sells lots of good booze
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,914
    I'm going to pick the Wiltern first. If I get shut out because of the ordering hokkum, I'll shoot for Santa Barbara. Wiltern holds about 2200 people so I know it will be tough. I got shut out last go-around but my friend got lucky after an hour of it showing sold out and then available then not working. He did one of those "I'll try it once more" and he got in. He took me, It was great. That Wiltern is so small, any seats are great.

I really like the idea of having to pick 1 show per 10c member on the 1st date and then it opening up for multiple shows on a leter date. I think that should translate well to a hometown advantage. I hope they do this for other PJ shows, if there ever are any.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Would like to go to 2 out of 3 between, LB, Wiltern, and SB, depending on if I'm able to get tickets and if anybody wants to pair up.
    Also, if anybody finds themselves with an extra for one of the shows, I have an extra for Chris Cornell's solo show at the Ford in LA on 5/5, and I would gladly trade my extra to that as well as pay the $ difference. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • Options
    brobertbrobert Posts: 62
    Planning on SD, SB, and possibly the Wiltern
  • Options
    craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Hoping to get tix to the Wiltern! Can't wait.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Options
    Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    The Wiltern and LB. Maybe SB.
    Please July, come quickly...
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    I'll go to just Long Beach, if tickets were 50 bucks I'd go to LA too but with this economy I've got to be selective. I've skipped out on quite a few concerts in the last several months to make sure I had concert funds for Eddie/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden this year.
  • Options
    Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    San Diego for me
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Going to all 5 Cali shows - San Diego, Wiltern, Long Beach, Santa Barbara, Oakland.

I'm a teacher and the shows are during the summer...so I'll have nothing better to do. Can't fucking wait.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    VH123058VH123058 Posts: 134
    Going to try the wiltern and my brother trying for long beach. To the post in the first page asking about 10c being ok with picking up your tickets at will call then handing them over,last time ed was at the wiltern, when my brother and I pick up our tickets we had to enter the theatre right away. No turning back, so be aware. Good luck to all, lets hope all socal natives get into our shows and everyone else stay closer to their homes so we can see ed too.
  • Options
    Tyt
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I am not a SoCal person but will be making the trip down and hope to get 10C tickets to both the San Diego show and the SB show (my girlfriend is a 10C member as well).
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    SmeckleSmeckle Posts: 33
    Gonna try for SD and SB both, I think, if I can swing it with my one membership and a next-day purchase. Yes, two complete extremes from each other. :shock: Hope I can get in when tickets go on sale tomorrow...decent chance I'll be out of the office and have to try to order from my phone. :|