Options

Pearl Jam seemed to turn into a legendary rock band before our very Eyes.

Jzs20Jzs20 Posts: 28
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Last Night we witnessed Pearl Jam Transform into the Greatest Rock band in the World. I think about a minute or so into it...the band transformed into legends. Foo Fighters,Incubus,flaming lips....they will never reach or even get close to being what Pearl jam is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Jzs20 wrote:
    Last Night we witnessed Pearl Jam Transform into the Greatest Rock band in the World. I think about a minute or so into it...the band transformed into legends. Foo Fighters,Incubus,flaming lips....they will never reach or even get close to being what Pearl jam is.

they've been the greatest rock band in the world for a while now.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jzs20Jzs20 Posts: 28
    Any Non-Pearl jam fan now knows it ha ha
  • Options
    Jzs20 wrote:
    Any Non-Pearl jam fan now knows it ha ha

true. very true.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I do have to say the Foos impressed me. I've never been to one of their concerts and had never seen any footage of them live, and I always thought they were boring. Dave Grohl seems to have no vocal range whatsoever in their studio stuff.

But they really showed me something last night. I don't think I'm going to become a fan, but they really had an unexpected level of energy.

Maybe they just need to hire a producer who can coax Grohl to sing in something other than a monotone.
  • Options
    I do have to say the Foos impressed me. I've never been to one of their concerts and had never seen any footage of them live, and I always thought they were boring. Dave Grohl seems to have no vocal range whatsoever in their studio stuff.

But they really showed me something last night. I don't think I'm going to become a fan, but they really had an unexpected level of energy.

Maybe they just need to hire a producer who can coax Grohl to sing in something other than a monotone.

wow I may be in the minority here but I thought the Foo Fighters sucked really bad at Rock Honors.

but their concerts are really good. I saw them three times. Dave has an amazing live scream.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    wow I may be in the minority here but I thought the Foo Fighters sucked really bad at Rock Honors.

but their concerts are really good. I saw them three times. Dave has an amazing live scream.

I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't too impressed by their performance at the Rock Honors, but their live shows are a damn good time. It's a predictable htis setlist they do, but there's no one going home unhappy...
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289

I agree that Dave has a great scream but that's all he does now. It drove me nuts the last time i saw them play. He screams every damn part of just about evrey song. If he rationed out the yelling a little more i might appreciate it better.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Jzs20 wrote:

BEST BAND OUT THERE HANDS DOWN
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Its true, and one day there will be one of these shows honouring Pearl Jam. I just really, really hope that the bands playing aren't Staind and Linkin Park or something embarrassing like that.
  • Options
    Jzs20 wrote:

Yes.
    But they could take a lesson or two from Adam Sandler.

He was, IMHO, the true diamond in the rough last night.

He really shined bright!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    mr bungle wrote:
    I agree that Dave has a great scream but that's all he does now. It drove me nuts the last time i saw them play. He screams every damn part of just about evrey song. If he rationed out the yelling a little more i might appreciate it better.

its cuz he cant sing worth shit
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    DedvwDedvw Posts: 245
    Ive been thinking this for a few months now. Just as their last tour started, lots of radio DJs in Maine/ New England saw them live and have had NOTHING but good things to say. Many of them still talk about how good they were live to this day. Just about all of the reviews on the net are just as positive. I have to agree and say that PJ has a good (not definite) chance of taking off publicly again.

And Im using the word publicly as to how good of a band they are. Not as comparison to Nickleback selling a billion foolish records that will only end up on Now CD's. We already know they are in the best of the best. Just the rest of the world is starting to recognize it too.
  • Options
    melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Your complaining about Grohl screaming to much. Come on. Grohl has a kick ass scream. I love how he screams alot during his concerts. Pearl Jam are a much better live band. Thats no suprise though.
  • Options
    Undoubtedly all the new fans generated from last night's show will make it harder for us to get tickets.
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    my girlfriend is a casual fan, a skeptic for sure, and both of her less musically-inclined best friends (who don't like pj at all) were over last night while the show was on. We all passed the bowl and had fun with the Tenacious D performance, but I asked them to be nice and stay quiet for the pj songs for me. They laughed at mr. music maniac, but obliged.
    A collective "Holy Shit" came out in synch once ROM ended. After The Real Me, the girls had their own conversation about the fact that nobody gives PJ enough credit, they could be the closest thing our generation gets to a rolling stones-type classic, timeless band, etc.
    I just sat there in silence, savoring every word. It was awesome. And for the first time in the year or so we've lived here, they noticed that the room is brimming with pj memorabilia.
    Sometimes seeing somebody else's enjoyment is almost as good as the experience itself.
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    my girlfriend is a casual fan, a skeptic for sure, and both of her less musically-inclined best friends (who don't like pj at all) were over last night while the show was on. We all passed the bowl and had fun with the Tenacious D performance, but I asked them to be nice and stay quiet for the pj songs for me. They laughed at mr. music maniac, but obliged.
    A collective "Holy Shit" came out in synch once ROM ended. After The Real Me, the girls had their own conversation about the fact that nobody gives PJ enough credit, they could be the closest thing our generation gets to a rolling stones-type classic, timeless band, etc.
    I just sat there in silence, savoring every word. It was awesome. And for the first time in the year or so we've lived here, they noticed that the room is brimming with pj memorabilia.
    Sometimes seeing somebody else's enjoyment is almost as good as the experience itself.

its amazing how good PJ sounds when you are high.

;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    now you have to get them to listen to pearl jam when they aren't high. it's much better.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Jzs20 wrote:

This is true but to US....they alreddie were!!! Ive said it several times here lately-if you werent a fan before, you def are now. (you in general)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    perfect combination of insane talent, stubborn refusal to follow trends, and sickening level of talent = legendary status.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    they have allways been the best band around, people have a hard time coming to grips with this because they realize they have been listening to the wrong band all along ,not me been with them since day 1 and will never let up member # 27xxx bitches that is enough proof ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I wouldn't call them the BEST band in the world...but FUCK, they're amazing. Their performances were the best...though I thought Incubus was surprisingly good.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    That is interesting. Because honestly, I thought Incubus sucked. And I sort of like them. By that, I mean they're not terrible and I kind of like a few of their songs, but last night they seemed flat and their lead singer exhibited absolutely zero charisma.

Whereas, I never liked the Foo Fighters before, yet last night I thought they were pretty good...and a lot of people seem to have hated their performance.

Interesting. Not good or bad, just interesting.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    they have allways been the best band around, people have a hard time coming to grips with this because they realize they have been listening to the wrong band all along ,not me been with them since day 1 and will never let up member # 27xxx bitches that is enough proof ......

HAHAHA!!!! Right on jose!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHA!!!! Right on jose!!!! :D

and i know you feel the same so that's even better ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    does anybody know when the show will be repeated on VH1? I didn't know about this till I logged on last night....tsss, always happens, spent a few weeks away last year and the next thing I know there's a show at the Astoria that I've missed out on getting tickets to.
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    its amazing how good PJ sounds when you are high.

;)

have you ever seen Pearl Jam on weed, man? ( in stoner voice)
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Seeing Pearl Jam in Hartford and Mansfield it was crystal clear that this band is in a very small league of bands in all of history. I have seen years of concerts and most major bands in the last 25 years and Pearl Jam will be remembered throughout history as one of the best ever.
    I compare seeing Pearl Jam now to seeing Led Zeppelin or Bob Marley or The Doors. Something not duplicatable by any one of Pearl Jams peers right now. No-one comes close and hasn't for a long long time.
    Years from now people will say, "Holy Shit! you saw Pearl Jam???"
    They so easily stood out as miles above anyone in the VH1 show.
  • Options
    angelm20angelm20 Posts: 142
    Pearl Jam is the definition of Rock ~n~roll ~ !! Every single detail ~ they beat em all with out any doubt. NO ONE not even the WHO touches them in my book!
  • Options
    Jzs20 wrote:

Heh, this is very true.It didn't happen all of a sudden though. I think over the last 10 years and primarily over the last 8 that the band has been the last vestige of great rock bands toi carry on the torch for great music, great growth and great entertainment.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    Firecloud wrote:

This post starts out like a Penthouse Forum letter....
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore