Options

as i skipped merrily down the street...

haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
edited September 2008 in The Porch
...in vancouver today, new pearl jam vinyl tucked under my arm, someone went out of their way to say, AHHH PEARL JAM! to which i stopped, took out my earphones, looked at him (did he really just say that to me?) then he gave me the thumbs up and said 'pearl jam :D!!' again - I happily agreed with him with a giant smile and wave. and then we both carried on our merry old ways.

i love little pearl jam moments like that! :D

ps - i wasnt really skipping, it was just for effect. i was actually walking briskly to timmy ho's . :);)
live pearl jam is best pearl jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    That's cute!!

One time a homeless guy in Vancouver (on W. Broadway) started singing Even Flow after he said "Hey! Pearl Jam!" when he saw my avacado shirt...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    That's cute!!

One time a homeless guy in Vancouver (on W. Broadway) started singing Even Flow after he said "Hey! Pearl Jam!" when he saw my avacado shirt...
    hahah thats awesome. and better than the homeless guy at surrey central today just randomly strumming a broken guitar mumbling stuff...
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i was standing outside a bar my flatmate manages & there was a car was illegally parked across the bar entrance area. my friend, taking care of his responsibilities, went to ring the towing company. i calmly said, "you can't tow that car". he turns to me, "why not?". me, "it has a pearl jam sticker on the back". he looked at me with a hint of jealousy, "what? is it like a secret club or something?"

kinda

he didn't ring :)

EDIT: and with that little bit of karma, i become 'FAITHFULL'! :D:cool: jeez, that 'love boat captain' tag is a test of endurance
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    That's cute!!

was he resting his head on a pillow made of concrete?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    i also love those kinds of moments! whenever i see someone with a PJ shirt on i go up to them and say OMG PEARL JAM i love your shirt! and they smile wide knowing someone else who's part of the (DONT HATE ME) jamily :D it's so different seeing a PJ shirt than, say, a led zeppelin shirt because with a PJ shirt you KNOW they gotta like the band because you cant really get them besides pearljam.com or a hand me down (and in that case at least someone in that family likes the band!). today when i was at work at bath and body works this 11 year old girl comes in the store wearing a led zeppelin shirt and i'm thinking she's either really cool or really lame. turns out she wears the shirt because she thinks it looks cool :rolleyes: oh well.. c'est la vie...
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    ...in vancouver today, new pearl jam vinyl tucked under my arm, someone went out of their way to say, AHHH PEARL JAM! to which i stopped, took out my earphones, looked at him (did he really just say that to me?) then he gave me the thumbs up and said 'pearl jam :D!!' again - I happily agreed with him with a giant smile and wave. and then we both carried on our merry old ways.

i love little pearl jam moments like that! :D

ps - i wasnt really skipping, it was just for effect. i was actually walking briskly to timmy ho's . :);)

what vinyl did you score at what store?

my guess is Ten re-issue from Scratch Records, right?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    what vinyl did you score at what store?

my guess is Ten re-issue from Scratch Records, right?
    no i got a copy of pearl jam (avocado) from vinyl records...beside the new amsterdam. clay actually spotted it on sat but I didnt want to take it into STP with me so i waited til today to grab it.

i have the 2 ends now, ten and avocado.. just need everythign in between. meant to go to scratch but never got around to it. too busy watching the super dogs i guess!
  • Options
    i also love those kinds of moments! whenever i see someone with a PJ shirt on i go up to them and say OMG PEARL JAM i love your shirt! and they smile wide knowing someone else who's part of the (DONT HATE ME) jamily :D it's so different seeing a PJ shirt than, say, a led zeppelin shirt because with a PJ shirt you KNOW they gotta like the band because you cant really get them besides pearljam.com or a hand me down (and in that case at least someone in that family likes the band!). today when i was at work at bath and body works this 11 year old girl comes in the store wearing a led zeppelin shirt and i'm thinking she's either really cool or really lame. turns out she wears the shirt because she thinks it looks cool :rolleyes: oh well.. c'est la vie...
    oh yah i know... i was talking about this this weekend... the people who buy ramones shirts at bluenotes and don't even listen to the music type thing. i don't get it... oh well tho
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175

ha! that made me chuckle! a guy @ my gym had a PJ shirt on, & i pointed to his shirt & gave him the thumbs up!
    hooray for little pj moments!
  • Options
    no i got a copy of pearl jam (avocado) from vinyl records...

nice, i bought one from there too! that place is the biggest rip off though when it comes to buying old stuff. he thinks every record is worth $$$$. i have boycotted going to him anymore....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    was he resting his head on a pillow made of concrete?

hopefully he'll see a better set a days!
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    nice, i bought one from there too! that place is the biggest rip off though when it comes to buying old stuff. he thinks every record is worth $$$$. i have boycotted going to him anymore....
    really? he seemed really nice...
    next week he's getting all the radiohead lps in.... i wonder if i buy them all if he'll give me a deal...
  • Options
    I was sleeping in my car in the school parking lot last week (something i usually do on long breaks:)) and I hear SOLAT blarring from another car as it sped thru the parking lot....i shot right up and looked around....didn't see which car it was:(

later that day i went in to the CAD lab and there was a kid wearing the brown avocado tee...i suspect it may have been him though i didn't ask...if it wasn't then that's 2 PJ people in one day!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    I love moments like that too!

I was walking down 138th in Harlem right around the time they played the two MSG shows this summer's tour and usually in Harlem you don't hear much rock...usually some Buchata or some rap or the news from the oldies hanging in the parks :o)...and so I'm walking down and out of no where I hear someone singing Alive which was surprising simply for the fact that you usually don't hear that but moreso for the fact that the person was singing it like his life depended on it. It was AWESOME!!! He was walkin up the hill with a walkman and man, he had a great voice. We didn't make eye contact or anything (although I wanted to pounce him and hug him) because he was singing with his eyes closed...and he was so into it he made everyone smile and everyone got out of his way so no one ruined his moment. It made my day.