Options

Camden Parking Lot

dontejasdontejas Posts: 31
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Those of you who went last night, how was the parking lot, in terms of security allowing beers and grilling, etc? We're going tonight and planning to get there early.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    It was a dump with crap everywhere. They were pretty cool about it though.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,223
    we hung around after everyone left last night, and I have NEVER seen a lot more devasted by fans in my life. Bottles everywhere. Garbage everywhere. It was terrible.

If they are going to be cool, and let us drink openly and pretty much do whatever we want, do them a favor and bring some trash bags, and clean up a little after yourself.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    4Powers20 wrote:
    we hung around after everyone left last night, and I have NEVER seen a lot more devasted by fans in my life. Bottles everywhere. Garbage everywhere. It was terrible.

If they are going to be cool, and let us drink openly and pretty much do whatever we want, do them a favor and bring some trash bags, and clean up a little after yourself.

It's always like that... even worse at Phillies games especially Dollar Dog Nights which bring out all the "college-age" kids.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    sparky1231sparky1231 Posts: 19
    Stay in the lots if you plan on drinking out of bottles/cans...Don't make the mistake my buddy did and grabbed a bottle to go as we walked towards the venue. As we are getting closer (still in the lots, but one of the empty ones), a cop is sitting there and is picking people off left and right with tickets for "public drinking" (=$78 fine)...

So she tells my buddy to get rid of the beer and he asks "Why" because we were still in the lots and he didnt know the rules too well...Well, that one word was enough for her to flip out, ask for ID, and write the ticket, without hearing anything from my buddy as to why he asked "Why?"

Rules are rules, but this was a pathetic scam to keep the cops entertained.

Anyways, leaving the lot was terrible, and I had to keep the windows up because the air smelled like a porta-potty.
  • Options
    dontejasdontejas Posts: 31
    That's good advice.

What about grilling? Someone on a previous thread said they were once told they couldn't grill at Camden. Was that OK yesterday?
  • Options
    the lots were horrible, come on people pick up your shit......a car couldn't leave without running over 12 bottles, i wonder how many people were on turnpike with flat tires
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    4Powers20 wrote:

okay this was my first american tailgating experience... and most of us weren't from around so we were all pretty disgusted as well... your post leads me to believe there is some hope that not all tailgating leaves behind a disaster like that :eek:

it smelt like piss everywhere, and there was garbage and food everywhere, no one picked up their bottles/garbage, and its weird that no one recycles! SUPER weird and heartbreaking.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    do something good for the environment - - clean after yourself people. :)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    yeah we grilled last night
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    okay this was my first american tailgating experience... and most of us weren't from around so we were all pretty disgusted as well... your post leads me to believe there is some hope that not all tailgating leaves behind a disaster like that :eek:

it smelt like piss everywhere, and there was garbage and food everywhere, no one picked up their bottles/garbage, and its weird that no one recycles! SUPER weird and heartbreaking.

Camden 1st show 2006 was the worst I've ever seen. Last night was mild compared to that. 6 inches of trash on the ground. Porto potties filled to the ceiling with trash.

Glad to see that some people at least cleaned up after themselves this time around. But, you know, there is always room for improvement. Should be mandatory to carry trash bags with you.

The parking lot tailgating was awesome. Shared some rum and tequila with the neighbors and they shared BBQ. Police were very lax and no problems. Overall perfect day. Great time!
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • Options
    most of NJ is a shit hole what do you expect? :D
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    Cant wait for the shit tonight. I have a lead pipe in my trunk. I didn't have to use it last time PJ played in Camden... maybe it will make an appearance tonight
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options

What are you a scum bag. Theres two cities that give NJ a bad name camden being one of them, and thats because its so close to philly. NJ is awesome.
    P.S. basketball blows
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    .... and its weird that no one recycles! SUPER weird and heartbreaking.

Out of all the observations I made last night that thought didn't even cross my mind once. I guess everyone has their priorities. That is far from being one of mine.
  • Options

I grew up in Jersey and unfortunately I have to agree with you. There are some real nice spots, but they're no where near that venue.
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:

that's exactly how it was in 2003. I've been to many concerts, baseball games, and football games. I've never, ever seen anything quite like that
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,480
    If you want to park in the outdoor lot get there EARLY
    it was closed off by 6-630 and they were putting people in the garage. Dont fuck with Camden police-they deal with a lot worse-the only response they want to hear is yes sir or yes ma'am.
    And at least put your drink in a cup and not be so blatant about it.
  • Options
    iamme wrote:
    P.S. basketball blows

when did your mom change her name to basketball? :D:D:D
  • Options
    timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    when did your mom change her name to basketball? :D:D:D

zing!
  • Options
    ThumbingMyWay32ThumbingMyWay32 Posts: 1,224
    sparky1231 wrote:
    Anyways, leaving the lot was terrible, and I had to keep the windows up because the air smelled like a porta-potty.

Oh, that wasn't the smell from the lots.. That was the eternal essence that resides in and around the Camden city limits.

I've smelled that smell...
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    4Powers20 wrote:

Completely embarassed to see PJ fans treat anywhere like that. It was one huge frat party with douche bags and there shirts off, even though it wasn't hot, trashing the place. After the show, it looked like a tornado went through a white trash neighborhood. Seriously, is this Philly, or have PJ fans gone bad?
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    It was one huge frat party with douche bags and there shirts off, even though it wasn't hot, trashing the place.

That would be their shirts and what's wrong with having their shirts off?
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    camden crowds are fucking drunks.. and need to chill out a bit lol

yet i love them so
  • Options
    one thing I've never understood: Why booze it up big time at a concert? I want to actually remember the show. Don't get me wrong, I'm no teetotaler. I love to drink, and I'll even have a couple at a show. but I don't see a point in getting blind drunk at a concert
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    ....the shrooms r wearing off
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    JDfromDEJDfromDE Posts: 60
    Half of the appeal of Camden is the tailgate. Why are people bashing it? The town sucks, the venue isn't nearly as good for a PJ show as the Spectrum, and the crowd (esp. in the lawn) generally aren't as enthusiastic about the show as people in an arena.

The whole point of Pearl Jam playing in Camden is so I can go to the Campbell's field lot, look out across one of the dirtiest rivers in the country and see a skyline that was built in such a manner as to prevent any sports team I enjoy from winning a championship since 1983. If that doesn't give me the right to pound beers and throw my empties on the ground, than honestly folks, what will?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 8/2/07, 6/14/08, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 8/16/08
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    JDfromDE wrote:
    Half of the appeal of Camden is the tailgate. Why are people bashing it? The town sucks, the venue isn't nearly as good for a PJ show as the Spectrum, and the crowd (esp. in the lawn) generally aren't as enthusiastic about the show as people in an arena.

The whole point of Pearl Jam playing in Camden is so I can go to the Campbell's field lot, look out across one of the dirtiest rivers in the country and see a skyline that was built in such a manner as to prevent any sports team I enjoy from winning a championship since 1983. If that doesn't give me the right to pound beers and throw my empties on the ground, than honestly folks, what will?

thats beautiful
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    PJfanPAPJfanPA Posts: 130
    Man the parking lot was f'ing nuts after the show last night! My wife was in fear!Seriously! Their was a dude in lot with a tire iron looking to start fights with everyone!It seems like some smashed his car window during the show! I think he had a little too much to drink!
    09/02/00 04/28/03 07/05/03 07/06/03 07/12/03 10/01/04 10/03/05 05/13/06 05/27/06 05/28/06 06/01/06 06/03/06
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    This is why Mansfield is cool. For the MOST part people pick up their trash.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    ya know for $20 a pop, the least they can do is give out trash bags, or attempt to clean the place during the show
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"