Options

PJ: Footsteps! Best story of my life

JimBerkellJimBerkell Posts: 579
edited June 2008 in The Porch
The Columbia show was soo amazing. Best PJ show I have been to hands down. Sad! Red Mosquito! Indifference! Footsteps! F'n WMA!!!!!!!! Winning the lottery and getting second row seats with a 315xxx was just unbelievable! Thank you so much Ten Club!

The coolest thing happened during Footsteps. After Ed finished using his harmonica, he kept pointing at my girfriend and got the ground crew to get her his harmonica!!!! I was frozen in sheer amazement!(Maybe a little jealous too!.... ;) ) He was in just such an amazing mood and I'll never forget it. It just shows how much the band cares about it's fans!

Sidenote: There was this pregnant lady in the front row and Mike kept checking on her, giving her water bottles and even the setlist from their first set.

This has to be the greatest band on the planet hands down!!

Thank you PJ for the best night of my life and having the music that's kept me going through all the good and hard times!

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pj08090smallzu4.jpg
"You could have licked the lips of God, but you chose the pavement..." ~ These Arms Are Snakes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    man that's pretty cool she got his harmonica..........man fucken footsteps is the shit
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    After they played Alive I was almost hoping for Once. Knew it wouldn't happen but I hoped. Hahaha
    "You could have licked the lips of God, but you chose the pavement..." ~ These Arms Are Snakes
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    awesome...awesome...awesome!
    i keep posting that today :p...but it's just soooo true! fantastic for you! what a show, 2nd row, AND your GF got ed's harmonica? beautiful!

i remember boston 2004....night 2...me and jamainiac were 2nd row dead center behind the stage - first/only time for that - pretty cool perspective. ed gave his tamborine to this couple *right* next to us.......:( they weren't even fans, were like wtf?! :o damnnnnnn. however, matt's tech gave me his setlist, so that was damn cool. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Mike threw out so many picks at us. I have 5. Which is exactly how many shows I've been to. We tried to give out picks to all the people around us who were really into the music, aka the true fans. They are yellow picks that have a dog face on front with MIKE above it, and then another version of the same dog w/ McCREADY below on the backside.

It was such a smaller stage than I'm used to seeing, so being in front of Mike was like being a few feet from Ed and Jeff. It was awesome. I was front row at Kissimmee, FL on the '04 tour and in front of Mike and it seemed like Ed and stone were much further away.
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    were you also at Tampa & WPB?

If so, I saw your sign.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    beautiful :) PJ Rocks. the best band in the world.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    JimBerkell wrote:
    The show was soo amazing. Best PJ show I have been to hands down. Sad! Red Mosquito! Indifference! Footsteps! F'n WMA!!!!!!!! Winning the lottery and getting second row seats with a 315xxx was just unbelievable! Thank you so much Ten Club!

The coolest thing happened during Footsteps. After Ed finished using his harmonica, he kept pointing at my girfriend and got the ground crew to get her his harmonica!!!! I was frozen in sheer amazement!(Maybe a little jealous too!.... ;) ) He was in just such an amazing mood and I'll never forget it. It just shows how much the band cares about it's fans!

Sidenote: There was this pregnant lady in the front row and Mike kept checking on her, giving her water bottles and even the setlist from their first set.

Thank you PJ for the best night of my life and having the music that's kept me going through all the good and hard times!

I remember seeing that! Congrats to your girlfriend! I did notice that Mike kept giving water bottles to someone in front of him but couldn't tell that it was a pregnant lady. That so fkn cool.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Options
    upina2001 wrote:
    were you also at Tampa & WPB?

If so, I saw your sign.

Wish I could have been there. I'm too poor. :(
  • Options
    boogiemanboogieman Posts: 49
    I was there - and it was special. Ed was vibing something heavy for sure- he was emotional - much more than ususal- and finding solace in the smiling faces of the crowd and he mentioned it a few times.

Flying into a place you've never been and being welcomed at Will Call with 4th row center did not suck either!

Kudos to the "stowaways" next to me - a great couple who snuck down the floor with their daughter and rocked out all night. How cool would it be to have your parents do that for you?! They scored a pick as well.

Great vibe, great crowd and another evening courtesy of a band that cares for its fans.

We are the lucky ones....thanks for sharing your story!
    Perfect lefts come rolling in...loyal believer since '92
  • Options
    Here's a pic of the harmonica and pic, with the stickers from the tour.. I'll post it in my main post.

• Options
    boogieman wrote:
    I was there - and it was special. Ed was vibing something heavy for sure- he was emotional - much more than ususal- and finding solace in the smiling faces of the crowd and he mentioned it a few times.

Flying into a place you've never been and being welcomed at Will Call with 4th row center did not suck either!

Kudos to the "stowaways" next to me - a great couple who snuck down the floor with their daughter and rocked out all night. How cool would it be to have your parents do that for you?! They scored a pick as well.

Great vibe, great crowd and another evening courtesy of a band that cares for its fans.

We are the lucky ones....thanks for sharing your story!

I bet those stowaways will never forget it! I had friends in row 119, they were so jealous of my floor seats. :P
  • Options
    holy fucking shit!!! these set lists make me wish i was rich enough to see every show!!

(not that i didn't already feel that way, it just hurts more now)

congrats on a night you will remember for ever!!

10c is the shiznit!!
  • Options
    holy fucking shit!!! these set lists make me wish i was rich enough to see every show!!

(not that i didn't already feel that way, it just hurts more now)

congrats on a night you will remember for ever!!

10c is the shiznit!!

Me too! Man I wish I had the money to do that....
  • Options
    red0dotred0dot Posts: 5
    boogieman wrote:

I was in row 5 behind you! I had a yellow Binaural shirt on.
    "Northwest meets Southeast. I hope you've enjoyed the altercation". -Atlanta, 09/01/98
  • Options
    Eddie did seem to be in a great mood. Saw mike give out the water, wasnt sure to who. It always nice to see Mike so animated and Stone so reserved.
    SPAC 8/4/92
    Rochester 4/7/94
    Mansfield 9/15/98
    SPAC 8/27/00
    Albany 4/29/03
    Mansfield 7/3/03
    Mansfield 7/11/03
    Hershey 7/12/03
    Albany 5/12/06
    Columbia 6/16/08
  • Options
    Eddie did seem to be in a great mood. Saw mike give out the water, wasnt sure to who. It always nice to see Mike so animated and Stone so reserved.

But damn if Stone doesn't jam the hell out on DTE!!!!
  • Options
    Hey where abouts in GA are you?? I just moved down 8 months ago.
    SPAC 8/4/92
    Rochester 4/7/94
    Mansfield 9/15/98
    SPAC 8/27/00
    Albany 4/29/03
    Mansfield 7/3/03
    Mansfield 7/11/03
    Hershey 7/12/03
    Albany 5/12/06
    Columbia 6/16/08
  • Options

Downtown Augusta, Ga.... it was too awesome to be only an hour away from Columbia.
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    I saw the harmonica deal - very cool. I was in row 4, just to the right.

I caught the wristband Matt threw out - has 'Pearl Jam' on one side and 'MC' on the other.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Awsome story, this is why the lottery thing is so freakin cool!
  • Options
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    I saw the harmonica deal - very cool. I was in row 4, just to the right.

I caught the wristband Matt threw out - has 'Pearl Jam' on one side and 'MC' on the other.

So awesome! I saw you catch that! Hahaha... I loved it; as Matt was running off stage he pretended to take his shoe off to throw to the crowd.
  • Options

Oh I remembered after read where you're from in NY..., and after Camden 1 '06 I drove up through NY to spend a week in Canada... the mountains in NY were gorgeous!!! It was surreal. We kept wanting to stop and take pictures of the scenery but we didn't get the chance.
  • Options
    mike did give a signed setlist to a pregnant lady (she was in the seat next to mine)...she and her husband were really cool btw. mike also gave her a bottle of water.

someone asked her when she was due. her response:

this week.

now that, my friends, is commitment.
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:
    mike did give a signed setlist to a pregnant lady (she was in the seat next to mine)...she and her husband were really cool btw. mike also gave her a bottle of water.

someone asked her when she was due. her response:

this week.

now that, my friends, is commitment.

I had no idea he signed it. I just saw him give her his setlist. That is so damn awesome of him!! And she was due in a week?!?... that is some PJ dedication!
  • Options
    JimBerkell wrote:
    Oh I remembered after read where you're from in NY..., and after Camden 1 '06 I drove up through NY to spend a week in Canada... the mountains in NY were gorgeous!!! It was surreal. We kept wanting to stop and take pictures of the scenery but we didn't get the chance.

I lived in Saratoga Springs...just outside the Adirondack Park. Yeah it is beautiful country. I'm now outside of Atlanta, very near Marietta.
    SPAC 8/4/92
    Rochester 4/7/94
    Mansfield 9/15/98
    SPAC 8/27/00
    Albany 4/29/03
    Mansfield 7/3/03
    Mansfield 7/11/03
    Hershey 7/12/03
    Albany 5/12/06
    Columbia 6/16/08
  • Options
    I lived in Saratoga Springs...just outside the Adirondack Park. Yeah it is beautiful country. I'm now outside of Atlanta, very near Marietta.

Not exactly the most exciting change of scenery. Hah! But Marietta is much nicer than Atlanta(no offense to the Atl fans), and a million times better than Augusta. Savannah is a gorgeous place though, probably the only one in GA. It just gets worse as you go south, atleast til you hit the Florida border.
  • Options
    JimBerkell wrote:
    Not exactly the most exciting change of scenery. Hah! But Marietta is much nicer than Atlanta(no offense to the Atl fans), and a million times better than Augusta. Savannah is a gorgeous place though, probably the only one in GA. It just gets worse as you go south, atleast til you hit the Florida border.

uhhh...thanks BTW the pizza absolutely sucks in this entire state. Just wrappin things up around the house, moving sucks. I was hoping for a surprise show in ATL somewhere around Roo and Columbia. I will miss living in the Northeast becasue they get way more shows. I could go to PA, Boston or NYC easy. Although I never got to a MSG show.
    SPAC 8/4/92
    Rochester 4/7/94
    Mansfield 9/15/98
    SPAC 8/27/00
    Albany 4/29/03
    Mansfield 7/3/03
    Mansfield 7/11/03
    Hershey 7/12/03
    Albany 5/12/06
    Columbia 6/16/08
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Good story, that is awesome. Pretty great set at that show too!!!!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    JimBerkell wrote:
    The Columbia show was soo amazing. Best PJ show I have been to hands down. Sad! Red Mosquito! Indifference! Footsteps! F'n WMA!!!!!!!! Winning the lottery and getting second row seats with a 315xxx was just unbelievable! Thank you so much Ten Club!

good for you!!!:)I hope they come back to south america and I could start a thread like this anyway I'm glad for you:)
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    good for you!!!:)I hope they come back to south america and I could start a thread like this anyway I'm glad for you:)

They seemed to love it there. I bet they'll be back.. how soon? who knows... So many places, so little band.