Options

The Mansfield shows are gonna kick MSG in the ass...

Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
edited June 2008 in The Porch
...and you know it. ;)
What the fuck is this world?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    regardless the noise and atmosphere wont come close to msg especially at an outdoor venue
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    never to be tried nor be a judge... :rolleyes:
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to Mansfield...

MSG shows were great setlists.... and I can only imagine the crowd was absolutely amazing... I've experienced the garden on 98 and 03 and few venues come close to the atmosphere in that place when its filled with PJ fans..

but I really hope Mansfield is something special!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    Why must Boston always have a NY complex? Bitter city, USA.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    FiveB247x wrote:

It's not our fault your sport teams suck! :)
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Mansfield I, II & III (The Experiment) 2003
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    FiveB247x wrote:

exactly same shit,,,,, they wanna be us alittle jealous of the big city
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    A few years of Boston success doesn't compare to decades (many, many) of your failures. Boston is a funny place - everyone still acts like they're underdogs in everything and they're not. When you win, you're no longer underdogs, but I suppose 80+ yrs of misery will do that to a city huh?
    It's not our fault your sport teams suck! :)
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    why does it always have to turn into Boston vs NY?
    MSG was great, Mansfield will be too. Our teams are winning and its great, NY still sux... (that was a joke)
    but seriously. I like out door venues a lot better, and I'm sure the last two shows are going to be something special. i cant wait
    peace
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    MSG Night 1 was incredible...Camden Night 1 and 2 were incredible...no reason to believe Mansfield wont be no matter what city it is happening in
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I think so far all these shows are the greatest! I might have to buy all the bootlegs this year!

All I want is them to play All Night in Mansfield and I will be one happy (Lost) dog!

I will howl if they don't play it. In the words of K Cobain: Won't you believe it, it's just my luck.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    regardless the noise and atmosphere wont come close to msg especially at an outdoor venue
    who cares. everyone can find something special about ANY show they go to.
  • Options
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    who cares. everyone can find something special about ANY show they go to.

IM NOT SAYING ANYWHERE ELSE IS BAD ,,YES MOST ARE GREAT

but nothing is MSG call me bias
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

and all i was saying is they way you feel about MSG, is no different than how other people feel about the shows they go to. everyone is in it's own way special.
  • Options
    I got an e-mail today about tickets being available for both Mansfield shows. I didn't get an e-mail like that about MSG
  • Options
    but that doesn't make the shows better or worse now does it :)
  • Options
    the shows that are true gems are the places where you'd least expect it......tried and true for sure....

Everyone Loves Colonel Angus
  • Options
    every show this tour has been epic and special in its own way. we'll go home after the show(granted we keep our shirts on and dont throw em at mike ;)) grateful for what we saw :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    There is no way they are gonna get around a very strict curfew of 11 o'clock. They demolished it last time they played there, I doubt they'll do it again.

Either they'll start earlier like some other bands have done, or just let the MSG shows own the Mansfield.

Like Leash said though... it will be fucking awesome no matter what.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Went to both Camdens.
    The newcomer takes me on his extra 10C ticket.
    Shackles wins the tiucket lottery - we are first row on the railing in front of Mikey.
    Mikey threw me a pic and was laughing at us all show long.
    Great interaction.
    Went To Both MSGs.
    These Shows were Legendary.
    They will both go down in history as some of the most energetic shows to date.
    The place was electric and kinetic all in one.
    Going to Both Mansfields

Lets see if these Boston area shows are what they are cracked up to be.
    If the highlight of these shows involves bringing up Theo Epstein up onstage to jam along for even flow, then so be it. :rolleyes: They will have to do something else to top Ace Frehely and CJ Ramone in The Worlds Most Famous Arena & The "Lets Go Rangers"..... chants that filled the Garden .......

we'll see if these shows are any better then MSG / NYC shows , or Philly for that matter. :)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    Boston is next on my list when they tour again. I lived in CT for 22 years and have never even been to Boston. I still don't know how that happened.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Lets see if these Boston area shows are what they are cracked up to be.
    If the highlight of these shows involves bringing up Theo Epstein up onstage to jam along for even flow, then so be it. :rolleyes: They will have to do something else to top Ace Frehely and CJ Ramone in The Worlds Most Famous Arena & The "Lets Go Rangers"..... chants that filled the Garden .......

we'll see if these shows are any better then MSG / NYC shows , or Philly for that matter. :)
    I guess that's what was my point was earlier in the thread. the 'Lets go rangers chant' at the Garden would have been such an awesome thing to have experienced if you were a rangers fan. totally awesome. Not so awesome if you weren't a fan though ;). That's what i meant by any show that you go to, doesn't matter where it is, you will find something that's awesome to you, whether it's a particular song you've always wanted to hear or just a special moment.

I was at the Newcastle show, and absolutely the set list was killer. But it wasn't just the set list that made it the greatest show i'll ever see.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Beg to differ...

Maybe it's just the way I am, but a small venue beats an arena anyday of the week in my opinion. Like I said in the other thread, the MSG shows were great but comes no where near the Vic or Borgata in my book. Seeing PJ in a small venue when you missed them during the early '90s is pretty much the most incredible thing ever.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Iany show that you go to, doesn't matter where it is, you will find something that's awesome to you, whether it's a particular song you've always wanted to hear or just a special moment.

thats a great point.
    weather youre in the back or in the front it can still be a good or even great show.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    blah blah blah, these competitive shows threads are so dumb. Especially because the reasoning behind them is usually that the author of the thread couldn't make it to a certain show, so the shows they are making it to are gonna be better. Not saying that's the case in this particular thread. All the shows are awesome, every PJ show kicks ass, no matter where it is, and they aren't meant to be competitive. I haven't been to very many, but they've all been awesome. Just be happy you can go, and enjoy it.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    well thats true to an extent but at the same time there are inherent competitive streaks for differenmt partsd of the country, for whatever ( perhaps stupid ) reasoning.

Also subtle little " digs" from ed such as " boston was louder " in nyc or down in philly saying Atlanta was more enegetic , liuttle stuff like that ed might use in an attem,pt to motivate or get the crowd into it a little bit higher.

Your point is well taken and I agree its a pearl jam show. Youre lucky enough to be witnessing it -live,....- no matter where you are- enjoy the ride , it doesnt last too long..
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    FiveB247x wrote:
    A few years of Boston success doesn't compare to decades (many, many) of your failures. Boston is a funny place - everyone still acts like they're underdogs in everything and they're not. When you win, you're no longer underdogs, but I suppose 80+ yrs of misery will do that to a city huh?

whatever man, I was in NYC for 3 days, I consider it the greatest city in the world!!!!! but every time i said i was from Boston, man did i get a look, wow, i could see the hate!!! why are you guys so concerned about us??? We have a tiny little city . . . you new yorkers are something else, is it because our sport franchises are superior? if not, what is it?
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • Options
    whatever man, I was in NYC for 3 days, I consider it the greatest city in the world!!!!! but every time i said i was from Boston, man did i get a look, wow, i could see the hate!!! why are you guys so concerned about us??? We have a tiny little city . . . you new yorkers are something else, is it because our sport franchises are superior? if not, what is it?

uhm , did you forget about 19-1 ?
    the superbowl?
    dont be so cavalier friend.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,883
    I would laugh my ass off if Hartford is better than all of them.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I would laugh my ass off if Hartford is better than all of them.

when hartford is your only show being attended,
    thats more like wishful thinking.

besides, the beacon is the icing on the cake, everyone knows that !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,883
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    when hartford is your only show being attended,
    thats more like wishful thinking.

besides, the beacon is the icing on the cake, everyone knows that !

Oh of course its wishful thinking. But even if I wasnt going I'm so fucking sick of this NY vs Boston rivalry which shouldnt go beyond baseball. I am so happy to see that Colombia has the best setlist so far (don't cry MSGers we all know that the excitement in the garden was better than anywhere else).
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17