Options

The Mansfield shows are gonna kick MSG in the ass...

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm not biased in any way since I always see Pearl Jam in Toronto (which goes apeshit, btw) But i'd have to say that atmosphere wise, it would be tough to beat MSG, just because its MSG. Setlist wise, i'm gonna say that Mansfield will be better because they are the last 2 shows, spread out over 2 nights and for some reason, PJ fucking loves Boston. Soooo... bring it on PJ!
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    comparing shows is weak
    every show is its own entity so why dont you just let it be and enjoy each moment

I was at columbia, 2 fla shows and now 2 msg and each show was a diff. lasting memory and even if I go to mansfield I could care less wether it is gonna be up to par or better than the last one
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    how was Columbia? if I had the chance, I'd go see them every tour at the most out of the way spot. A place with the least fan clubbers, where a 206xxx could get you pretty close. 2 nights at MSG was great, but I like the off the beaten path shows too.
  • Options
    how was Columbia? if I had the chance, I'd go see them every tour at the most out of the way spot. A place with the least fan clubbers, where a 206xxx could get you pretty close. 2 nights at MSG was great, but I like the off the beaten path shows too.
    Columbia was sick, bro...great setlist, GOT eds setlist, winded up 5th row in front of ed by *couogh cough* accident, lol and got a free ticket from Zack from spin...didnt think that was gonna be topped
    and then MSG happened last night..a complete diff. experience and another one that will rank up there
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    stickboy wrote:
    Columbia was sick, bro...great setlist, GOT eds setlist, winded up 5th row in front of ed by *couogh cough* accident, lol and got a free ticket from Zack from spin...didnt think that was gonna be topped
    and then MSG happened last night..a complete diff. experience and another one that will rank up there

awesome story.

you going to mansfields also ?

both ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    awesome story.

you going to mansfields also ?

both ?
    I dunno man...as of right now they convinced my broke ass to do hartford...so mansfied is still too far away to decide..I'll know last minute, lol story of my life

thanx man bout the story..I ws supposed to be back in NY for the columbia show...but I went and lost one of my pt jobs at Applebees...oooohh WELLLL FUCK an 11 buck an hour bullshit PT paying job..I got a show of a lifetime..and when I told my boss that glowingly when I went back and he thought I had issues...yea, ok... :rolleyes: lol
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    I dunno man...as of right now they convinced my broke ass to do hartford...so mansfied is still too far away to decide..I'll know last minute, lol story of my life

thanx man bout the story..I ws supposed to be back in NY for the columbia show...but I went and lost one of my pt jobs at Applebees...oooohh WELLLL FUCK an 11 buck an hour bullshit PT paying job..I got a show of a lifetime..and when I told my boss that glowingly when I went back and he thought I had issues...yea, ok... :rolleyes: lol

if you go look for the red white and blue again.

its very easy to spot in large crowds.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    if you go look for the red white and blue again.

its very easy to spot in large crowds.

:)
    oh its official now bro, were gonna have to make up for shit cause we still havent burned one yet ;)
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    oh its official now bro, were gonna have to make up for shit cause we still havent burned one yet ;)

you make it to mansfield and we'll kill 2 birds with 1 bic lighter.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    you say this...
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I'm so fucking sick of this NY vs Boston rivalry which shouldnt go beyond baseball.

then this???

SVRDhand13 wrote:
    (don't cry MSGers we all know that the excitement in the garden was better than anywhere else).

if your sick of the rivalry stop fucking perpetuating it!!
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    There's always a sleeper show in every tour where it takes place ina city nobody is expecting but at least from a setlist perspective the show looks incredible - sometimes that even winds up where the band is also just totally on - like in Grand Rapids. Maybe that also happened in Columbia this time around, but I will say that pretty much everyone on this board seemed to think Hartford was one of the shorter and perhaps less inspired shows in 06, maybe because it was cold out. So Hartford could be due a great show tonight. Then again, it is sandwiched between 2 of their absolute favorite cities to play and there's gotta be some post-MSG letdown.

As for which shows are better, come on people. You've all listened to 200 bootlegs like I have and for the most part the boys are so tight on everything they're doing it all boils down to people's personal preferences on a setlist and the energy in the building. For me, I look at the MSG I setlist and still can't believe how lucky I was to be there. Someone else might think it's pedestrian because they wanted to see them pull out Bee Girl (sometimes I think when your expectations are that high you've been to too many shows). But every show is a great show. These guys love playing, and tour infrequently enough but have been doing it long enough to really cherish every time they're out there. They totally play each show as though it's their last.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    you make it to mansfield and we'll kill 2 birds with 1 bic lighter.
    2 birds or 2 blunts? :d
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Went to both Camdens.
    The newcomer takes me on his extra 10C ticket.
    Shackles wins the tiucket lottery - we are first row on the railing in front of Mikey.
    Mikey threw me a pic and was laughing at us all show long.
    Great interaction.
    Went To Both MSGs.
    These Shows were Legendary.
    They will both go down in history as some of the most energetic shows to date.
    The place was electric and kinetic all in one.
    Going to Both Mansfields

Lets see if these Boston area shows are what they are cracked up to be.
    If the highlight of these shows involves bringing up Theo Epstein up onstage to jam along for even flow, then so be it. :rolleyes: They will have to do something else to top Ace Frehely and CJ Ramone in The Worlds Most Famous Arena & The "Lets Go Rangers"..... chants that filled the Garden .......

we'll see if these shows are any better then MSG / NYC shows , or Philly for that matter. :)

i would not be to proud of a chant for the lamest major sport on the planet. chant away
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    fuck Ace Frehely fuck CJ Ramone and fuck the Rangers that took away from the show if anything!!

i love the red sox but i don't want to see Theo's ass up there either!!