Options

i was just offered $13,000 FOR MY EXTRA MSG TICKETS

Comments

• Options
    I had a hard time not giving up my VFC Reading tix a few years back. The $1k I could have gotten for them would have come in mighty handy (son was born a month later). $13K would have been a no-brainer. As much as I love me some PJ, $13K pays off a lot of bills, and to me, that's more important. Good for you, though, if it's true. I wish we could all be in a position to give the finger to $13K.
    For Rent
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I had a hard time not giving up my VFC Reading tix a few years back. The $1k I could have gotten for them would have come in mighty handy (son was born a month later). $13K would have been a no-brainer. As much as I love me some PJ, $13K pays off a lot of bills, and to me, that's more important. Good for you, though, if it's true. I wish we could all be in a position to give the finger to $13K.

hey man when plans are made with blood and close friends..money takes a back seat
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    this is someone trying to get attention.....it didn't happen

lol yea ok attention about what??

yea im going to the show like 20,000 other people

its not attention,,its a discussion about the high demand for this show
    i gave an example,,,very simple
  • Options
    Yeah, this is retarded.

I'll be the first to say, if when I pick up my 10c tix on Wednesday and someone comes up to me and offers over me $5,000 plus for the pair.

They're yours. Just show me the money and lets complete the transaction.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    you're a liar bro....knock this shit off

about what??? the fact that someone offered me 165o per good ticket??

why would i lie about this,, ?? its so stupid to even think that

but whatever...just keep it moving if u dont wanna discuss it normally
  • Options
    Yeah, this is retarded.

I'll be the first to say, if when I pick up my 10c tix on Wednesday and someone comes up to me and offers over me $5,000 plus for the pair.

They're yours. Just show me the money and lets complete the transaction.

then you're selling your 10c tickets and you are messed up
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    hey man when plans are made with blood and close friends..money takes a back seat

i love how people are giving you shit for turning down the money yet someone just quit their job to go to these shows and he's applauded.....this place keeps surprising me :rolleyes: :)
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    then you're selling your 10c tickets and you are messed up

Dude $5,000.

So much could be done with that dough.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    dude all i can say is i dont know ya never seen nor talked to ya...and thats a good thing

ive never been on another board and ive been with this band and board from the beginning ( no need to question that )

my true peeps know me,,and thats all i care about

Amen dude...never want to know you and far better off without.

Your a show boating bullshitter. period.

$13,000...give me a break moron.
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Amen dude...never want to know you and far better off without.

Your a show boating bullshitter. period.

$13,000...give me a break moron.

ok u have a break and yes $13,000

whats a boating bullshiter? lol

do u mean showboating? why cause someone in nyc offered me cash for a very hot show WOW I CANT BELIEVE THAT WOULD HAPPEN..and i turned it down because family and good times mean more to me?

call it what u want ,,
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

do u mean showboating? why cause someone in nyc offered me cash for a very hot show ..and i turned it down because family and good times mean more to me?

i know I WANT ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME SOME !!!!!!!! WHAT A JOKE SOME OF YOU ARE

Oh your cute dude...."geez I don't want attention, I just started a f'in thread saying someone offered me 13 gs for my tickets"

Haha...blow off...you're moma didn't give you enough attention...

Hmmm..hotter ticket...MSG or the Showbox in Seattle...don't quite remember offers like yours... SURPRISE.

Picking out spelling things now, ehhh? You are hard up....
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    this entire thread makes me laugh. who cares if he's telling the truth or not- it's entertaining watching the responses roll in
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

do u mean showboating? why cause someone in nyc offered me cash for a very hot show WOW I CANT BELIEVE THAT WOULD HAPPEN..and i turned it down because family and good times mean more to me?

call it what u want ,,

Enjoy you're $6500 seats! Later blowhard.

Enjoy the evening! :)
  • Options
    Anyone wanna offer me 20k?? Please LOL
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    wow, thats fucking crazy. Good for you not selling it though.. fuck that.

There is no price on pearl jam...
  • Options
    MikeLammi23MikeLammi23 Posts: 109
    What if the band really did read this board, and see some of the things that are talked about. I am sure they know how things are, even without reading these types of posts.
    I hope the band knows how much pressure is on them to give the performance of a lifetime.

Or $13,000 worth at least.

:):)

Have fun bud. After so many shows, enjoying with your friends and family is what makes it worth it. I'm taking 8 noobs (mostly friends) and can't wait to see their reactions.

Anyway, I am also taking a friend who has not seen them yet. He knows how much I love them, and as you said, I can't wait to see his reaction when they rock MSG!

Also, NYPJ, I really do understand how important family is. And if I had a group of 8 of us going, it would be really hard to pass up. So with the money you pay off a few credit card bills, get a nice t.v., etc. But you'll talk about how much fun you WOULD HAVE had at the show.
    10c #TBD

"They said timing was everything, made him want to be everywhere,...there's a lot to be said for nowhere."
    "Let them wash away,... all those yesterdays."

09/10/98, 08/23/00, 08/24/00, 08/25/00, 04/30/03, 07/09/03, 07/14/03, 06/01/06, 06/03/06, 06/24/08, 06/25/08
  • Options
    wow, thats fucking crazy. Good for you not selling it though.. fuck that.

There is no price on pearl jam...

I don't know. $13,000 is a pretty good deal.
    Horry Kow!
  • Options
    SweetAndLowSweetAndLow Posts: 178
    The guy who offered you $13,000 for tickets is a complete moron. At the last MSG show, a buddy bought 2 good seats together outside the arena minutes before the show for face value. And the last 3 tour stops I was at, people were selling their tix outside the venue for considerably less than face value.

At Toledo in 2004 on the VFC tour (the show where rumors were floating among tailgaters that Neil Young was in town), I sold two extra tix to a girl and her BF from Indiana for a predetermined amount of $70 a ticket (face was like $60) at friend's place 2 hours before the show - I had found her on a message board a few weeks before - and I actually felt guilty when I got to the venue and saw dudes off-loading their extra tickets for $20 each.
    2004: Toledo; Grand Rapids
    2006: Grand Rapids; Auburn Hills
    2009: Chicago
    2010: Columbus
    2011: East Troy (PJ20), both
    2013: Wrigley Field
    2014: Detroit
  • Options
    You, my friend, are what they call a moron.
  • Options
    why's that?
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i will give up my ten club tix, for a case of beer and some crackers.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    13k is a lot of money, but it's money you didn't have before the show and you won't have it after the show, because you're not selling right? so you're no better or worse off. you have not lost anything. i hope you get an awesome show there with your family.

i'm seeing them at the two mansfield shows. so pumped. cannot wait.
  • Options
    PJ Gurl, you smokin wacky tabaccy as you type that?

I would've taken the $13,000, cash only on the spot, then I woulda used whatever of that $13,000 to re-buy tickets.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    PJ Gurl, you smokin wacky tabaccy as you type that?

I would've taken the $13,000, cash only on the spot, then I woulda used whatever of that $13,000 to re-buy tickets.
    haha no :), i have no idea what i would've done in his situation, it's easy to say i would never have sold them, but not being in that situation who knows. So i'm not gonna dump on him for making the decision he felt was best for him.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Kingmidget wrote:
    BS...this cats too full of himself from the start. Yo privileged one... I love PJ but don't give a fuck about all your inside shit. I really question whether you're a real fan or a blow hard insider who just loves the attention.

My salary says you talk big on other bands boards as well. You either sold those tickets (if you had them) or your a lyin shit. My guess is the second.

Always douted your big talk...now more than ever.

And who gives a shit about how many times you've been at that oversized barn, the Garden.. Whhoopee

PJ..play ALPINE ya dogs! :)

The sun is shining and the birds are singing! Work on a new tude dude!
    (does this look familiar?? lol)

The responses to this thread amaze me.
    :rolleyes:
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    The sun is shining and the birds are singing! Work on a new tude dude!
    (does this look familiar?? lol)

The responses to this thread amaze me.
    :rolleyes:

thats why i didnt bother responding,,cause some people are blowholes
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    thats why i didnt bother responding,,cause some people are blowholes
    It is getting to the point that everyone here seems to wear a "thread police" badge. You can't even post your opinion without someone calling you a douche or telling you that you are stupid or you have no authority.
    It really is mind boggling.
    Or heaven forbid you want to talk about something that doesn't interest the entire population.

ps...stop calling me out on the Nickelback board...:mad:
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    A lot of what we see for sale on stubhub, etc. doesn't get sold. If you hang out at most NYC venues before a show starts, you can pick up tickets at or below face value as you get closer to show time. My buddy, Concert Joe gets tickets to most of the shows this way. And he sees a lot of shows each year.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It is getting to the point that everyone here seems to wear a "thread police" badge. You can't even post your opinion without someone calling you a douche or telling you that you are stupid or you have no authority.
    It really is mind boggling.
    Or heaven forbid you want to talk about something that doesn't interest the entire population.

ps...stop calling me out on the Nickelback board...:mad:

i was bored and felt like making up a story ??? lol yea thats just what i did
  • Options
    A lot of what we see for sale on stubhub, etc. doesn't get sold. If you hang out at most NYC venues before a show starts, you can pick up tickets at or below face value as you get closer to show time. My buddy, Concert Joe gets tickets to most of the shows this way. And he sees a lot of shows each year.

im not disagreeing with u on that

but my friend obviously had a market for these with someone