Options

10 Club'er Scalping on CL

akallakall Posts: 25
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Check this one out!!

Eddie Vedder Solo Tour August 2nd - 8/2 - 1 Ten Club Ticket - $250 (Cambridge)

Reply to: sale-753981442@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-07-15, 11:26PM EDT

I am a long time Ten Club member and was one of the lucky few to score 2 tickets to the Eddie Vedder show on August 2nd in Boston. I will be using one of the tickets, but the other one is up for grabs. I am only willing to sell it to another Ten Club fan, so you must be a fan club member.

The tickets are the usual Ten Club seats, so they are the best seats in the house. I won't know the exact seats until I pick up the tickets at the ticket window on the day of the show (as I am sure you are all familiar with). I will meet you at the window to pick up the tickets and make the exchange.

Make me an offer. Highest offer gets the ticket.

Thanks!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 753981442
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Lovely. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what Pearl Jam is all about...capitalism and profit.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Report them to the 10 Club. I don't know if they do anything. But it might work. Get that scum kicked out.
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    Isn't this a huge no-no! He's gonna get busted!
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Ass Clown!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    Jesus, if you're going to scalp your 10c tickets at least be a little bit more discrete about it.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    yeah that person deserves to have their membership taken way for sheer stupidity
    9/1/2000 - E-Centre, Camden, 'Sometimes' started and I was hooked...
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    I like how the seller is only willing to gouge other 10c members.
  • Options
    Lovely. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what Pearl Jam is all about...capitalism and profit.

Uhhh, when is last free PJ show you went to??? Or did you get the latest PJ album for free. How about all the free merch they offer on the website.

Not defending the guy or nothing like that (actually think it is funny he wants to sell it to fellow 10 Clubber); however a statement like yours is kind of naieve. Times are tough and this guy dosen't really sound like someone who does this for a living.
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    Uhhh, when is last free PJ show you went to??? Or did you get the latest PJ album for free. How about all the free merch they offer on the website.

Not defending the guy or nothing like that (actually think it is funny he wants to sell it to fellow 10 Clubber); however a statement like yours is kind of naieve. Times are tough and this guy dosen't really sound like someone who does this for a living.

Reselling is explicity against the rules of the 10club when you buy their tickets. There is no gray area. Times being tough is irrelevant, and much more naive of a statement.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Reselling is explicity against the rules of the 10club when you buy their tickets. There is no gray area. Times being tough is irrelevant, and much more naive of a statement.

Yup. If someone bothers to report this fella, and the 10C can identify him, he's in deep shit.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Yup. If someone bothers to report this fella, and the 10C can identify him, he's in deep shit.

OH NO!! He might get thrown in 10c jail!!!
  • Options
    OH NO!! He might get thrown in 10c jail!!!

Don't laugh. Boom will waterboard your ass.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    trying to make a profit off another 10c member after we are all aware of the price of the ticket and the rules that go along with being in a 10c is just stupidity and for that reason alone he should lose his membership
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951

I would hardly call it gouging. To me gouging is jacking up the price on something that people have to buy to live. If there was only one grocery store in your town and they raised the price of vegtables by 10 times that would be gouging. But no one needs Eddie Vedder tickets to live so it isn't really gouging.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    I'm not sure if anyone has reported this jackass, so I went ahead and emailed the 10Club, just in case.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    release30 wrote:
    Ass Clown!!!
    Quick question, when did "ass clown" become a parlance of the times?

Just curious, as I missed the boat.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Quick question, when did "ass clown" become a parlance of the times?

Just curious, as I missed the boat.

June 23, 2003.
  • Options
    Jesus, if you're going to scalp your 10c tickets at least be a little bit more discrete about it.
    Right?! Ha...what a moron. He just threw away his twenty bucks
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • Options

I mentioned this on another thread, but I found a seller on craigslist dc who was selling a 10c ticket to the highest bidder. They said the current offer was $250, but 'as a courtesy to a fellow fan club member' they'd give it to me for $225.

some people.....
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Options
    What if a 10c member is selling ticketmaster tickets? or does that not matter?
  • Options
    NYLIPJNYLIPJ Posts: 36
    Hey Selling It For 250 Is Just Stupid I Agree, But I Have Tw0 Tickets For Montreal 2 And Can Not Use Now. They Are 10c Tickets And I Feel Bad Because Now There Will Be 2 Empty Seats , Wish Another 10c Member Could Use Them But The 10c Said Tough Shit. I Think That Is Bs, Screw Them, Im Not Trying To Make Profit Just Want Someone To See The Concert, Wish I Could Go But Work Schedualed Something After The Fact So What Can I Do.
  • Options
    NYLIPJ wrote:
    Hey Selling It For 250 Is Just Stupid I Agree, But I Have Tw0 Tickets For Montreal 2 And Can Not Use Now. They Are 10c Tickets And I Feel Bad Because Now There Will Be 2 Empty Seats , Wish Another 10c Member Could Use Them But The 10c Said Tough Shit. I Think That Is Bs, Screw Them, Im Not Trying To Make Profit Just Want Someone To See The Concert, Wish I Could Go But Work Schedualed Something After The Fact So What Can I Do.

It's situations like this that I really don't understand why the tickets can't be transferred or even given back.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    NYLIPJ wrote:

Ticketmaster tickets are non refundable as well are they not?
  • Options
    They Are Non Refundable But I Could Send Them Too Someone, Unlike 10c Tickets Which It Is Either You Go To The Show No Matter What Or Your Seats Are Empty
  • Options
    This Is One Policy That They Need To Work On, Create A Site In Which Members Can Swap 10c Seats And Stuff Like That. Would Make The Whole Process Better, Someone Could Be Going To The Show.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    NYLIPJ wrote:
    This Is One Policy That They Need To Work On, Create A Site In Which Members Can Swap 10c Seats And Stuff Like That. Would Make The Whole Process Better, Someone Could Be Going To The Show.
    They allowed transfers in the past, and people abused the system to use seniority to get great seats for friends in other areas. So the now strict enforcement of the no transfers thing is really the fault of some of your fellow 10club members.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    NYLIPJ wrote:

For EV tiks makes sense for transfers because they are random, but I have a feeling(i should I say heard) some members might of been abusing the ticket transfers in the past.

Say your 10c friend with #25xxx lives in California but you live in Boston with #405xxx. They don't want to go the Boston shows but you do - so you have them buy tickets. They then contact the 10c and have them transfered to you. In the past the transfers were processed under the number of the member who orginally bought the tickets.................

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    Poncier wrote:
    They allowed transfers in the past, and people abused the system to use seniority to get great seats for friends in other areas. So the now strict enforcement of the no transfers thing is really the fault of some of your fellow 10club members.

exactly. they also want to discourage people buying when they dont know if they can go or not. I almost had to cancel DC this year due to a real family health emergency, and was ready to lose money. but I make sure I can go (barring an emergency, which happens) before I buy tickets.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    instead of posting this here, people should just send the email to ten club right away. if the person is on the message board and notices this thread, they will modify their dumbass offer and get away with crap they shouldn't be getting away with.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I am going to buy this ticket and pee on him throughout the show.

On a scale of 1 to 10. URINATE!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive