Options

I tricked my brother into liking pearl jam

InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
edited August 2008 in The Porch
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha it was too easy.

My 18 year old bro pretends that he hates pearl jam just because I like them, but he loves Neil Young. He has been telling me how bad he thinks they suck for like two years. Although, he does generally like good music. He just says he hates Pearl Jam to piss me off, so I decided to trick him. When I came home to my parents house like a month ago I told him about this "new" band I liked. I told him the lead singer was Neil Young's brother and the name of the band was Bruce Young Band. He thought it was awesome, so I upload benneroyal hall on to his computer and changed the itunes name to Bruce Young Band and deleted the artwork. hahahahahahhaahahhahaha this was like a month ago and now he listens to it all the time. He was telling me how he loves immortality. I still haven't told him and I don't think I am going to any time soon....sucker.
Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oxxys wrote:

My 18 year old bro pretends that he hates pearl jam just because I like them, but he loves Neil Young. He has been telling me how bad he thinks they suck for like two years. Although, he does generally like good music. He just says he hates Pearl Jam to piss me off, so I decided to trick him. When I came home to my parents house like a month ago I told him about this "new" band I liked. I told him the lead singer was Neil Young's brother and the name of the band was Bruce Young Band. He thought it was awesome, so I upload benneroyal hall on to his computer and changed the itunes name to Bruce Young Band and deleted the artwork. hahahahahahhaahahhahaha this was like a month ago and now he listens to it all the time. He was telling me how he loves immortality. I still haven't told him and I don't think I am going to any time soon....sucker.

That's actually quite amusing! :D
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Awesome, this is so funny.

What is the next album from Bruce Young Band???
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    i can only hope this is true
    great work my friend
    ingenious
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    thats helarious. i think you should tell him though. that would be almost as amusing as the joke itself.
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    Oxxys wrote:

My brother is the same way. I did the same thing years ago too haha, but he figured it out and said he didnt like it anymore and he was just kidding (psh)

Rid the world of Pearl Jam haters! There is nothing to hate about them!!!
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    PJ17MKDPJ17MKD Posts: 136
    Oxxys wrote:

great job dude :D... hillarious... LOL...
  • Options
    take him to a show, then he can wonder why pearl jam are covering bruce young bands songs.
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    fuckin hilarious

Bruce Yong Band, hahahaha
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    take him to a show, then he can wonder why pearl jam are covering bruce young bands songs.

this shit's too funny
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    dammit. i was reading up until you said that he likes neil young. my brother is the same fucking way it's so annoying, he's 17 and acts like he hates pearl jam and talks bad about the concerts, even though he's never been to any concert ever. i was trying to see if i could do what you did but he's not into neil young, more like, korn and disturbed..
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    hahaha that is hilarious :D
    i think you should tell him though, the expression on his face will be priceless...
  • Options
    If he generally listens to good music, chances are, some of his friends like PJ. He's gonna look like such an ass when he pops on the new Bruce Young Band for his friends!!!!
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I want to see how long it takes him to figure it out.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    Oxxys wrote:
    I want to see how long it takes him to figure it out.

tell us when he does :D
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    LMFAO :D:D

This is so fucken funny, 'specially the name of the band...very original.

Have your camera handy when you do tell him, so you can take a pic and post it here so we can all laugh at him more!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Does he know that Pearl Jam played on Mirror Ball?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Hahahahahaha!

Good stuff! :D
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    Ha ha ha... Quite clever. Very funny :D You should let it go on as long as possible :p
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Awesome! but seriously...he doesn't recognize the songs as PJ's. How can you hate something without even knowing the material?
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    LMFAO, that is awesome. Don't ever tell!!!!
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Nice!!!! :D How can he not tell it's Eddie singing?
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Oxxys wrote:

awesome ! good job... :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Does he know that Pearl Jam played on Mirror Ball?

That's where I thought this was going when I started reading...he really must not be a fan if he can't tell that it's Ed singing. Great job! Can't wait to hear about his reaction when he finally finds out!
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08