Options

if you had an extra ticket to a chicago show, how would you handle it?

chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
edited August 2008 in The Porch
thoughts?
outside of, 'gimme the ticket!;
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i'm throwing an extra ticket and there's no insight?

is this for real?
  • Options
    wow...can't believe how long it's been to get a response...

here's the deal...i'll give 3 minutes after this last post for someone in chicago who is shutout for thursday.

sigh....can't truly believe how long a prosess this has taken.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    chikevin wrote:
    wow...can't believe how long it's been to get a response...

here's the deal...i'll give 3 minutes after this last post for someone in chicago who is shutout for thursday.

sigh....can't truly believe how long a prosess this has taken.

Maybe everyone in Chicago is sleeping. It is 1 am on a Thursday.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Maybe everyone in Chicago is sleeping. It is 1 am on a Thursday.
    never-the-less
  • Options
    ...this is open until 8am tomorrow.
  • Options
    battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    I'd leave the wife of 20 + years at home and take my hot 30 year old girlfriend
    whose totally into Eddie instead.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    ruffinitruffinit Posts: 15
    I'd ask to submit their favorite PJ memory and go with the one that seems the most legit and interesting.

Or I'd offer it to whoever has been in the Tenclub the longest, but doesn't have a ticket...I'm a long time Tenclub member, but wasn't able to get tickets.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I've had tickets that I couldn't find someone to take.
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    I have always found PJ fans great at sharing the Love. I was at Gorge and saw a PJ buddy, he was in row 5 and had extra ticket. Next day he was taking with him a guy camping near him, who was sitting in lawn. Guy was in shock watching.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    If you are willing to give the ticket away, why not go to the pre-show gathering/fundraiser and donate the ticket?

Fans who are there can bid on the ticket and the money goes to a good cause.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    pjbiz wrote:
    Go down to the show and give it to a ticketless fan for free.

Becareful though, cause most scalpers are fans as well. Just use your judgement on who's deserving.

I love this idea...karmic.
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I would see if there is someone not from the area but thinking of going to Chicago, maybe not even from the U.S., like a Canadian, and see if they would be interested in the ticket if they were thinking of making the treck to Chicago

:)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    At the TO 2 show the other night, just as I got in line to get my TC tix, this lady jumps in in front of me and is telling the people in the booth that she was on the guest list and was supposed to only have 2 tix in her envelope but accidentally got 4. She was asking the people if they could sell them and they were kinda looking at her like "no it's too late, that would throw us off"/

Eventually they decided to take them back. I think I would have done the Karma thing with those. At least I hope I would have.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I've been trying to get a ticket for my roommate so I don't have to go to the show alone on my second day living in the city for college. She really likes Eddie but couldn't afford it so I sold my second ticket to someone else. Anyway, let me know if this ticket is still available cause I might just buy it myself so she can come. But if someone on the board messages you that got shut out, you should give it to them. :)
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I usually end up catching a couple of PJ shows while "conveniently" travelling for business. I've yet to sell an extra, I always just give them away in the parking lot to a young fan who can't afford to buy the better seats.

That being said, I'll be at both Chicago Shows and August 22 is my 31st birthday and I am going to bring my wife to her first Eddie show and only her 3rd PJ related show! She has suggested that she may even buy dinner before the concert as a birthday present!

Good luck getting rid of your extra ticket.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.