Options

Bootleg CD quality.

Heimlich08Heimlich08 Posts: 6
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I just purchased one of the Bootleg cds and was wondering how the quality of sound is. Since it is their official bootleg cds I assume they are pretty good but Id like some opinions from people who already bought them. Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    from what i have, excellent
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    TB RivalTB Rival Posts: 74
    I'm a little dissapointed in the sound quality quite frankly. Very bassy. I was listening to the Tampa show at the gym tonight and went through just about every setting on the EQ and was never really happy with the sound.

Since they are charging upwards of $17 per show they need tom come a little stronger with the production quality.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Bonnaroo was odd sounding..Hartford sounds great
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    cantomscantoms Posts: 49
    I have no complaints about the WPB set. The mix is somewhat off (e.g., the background vocals are very high on some songs and there is some echo on Ed's vocals), but these really had no impact on my enjoyment of the music. The cds sound much better than the three MP3 songs that were offered for download.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    TB Rival wrote:
    I'm a little dissapointed in the sound quality quite frankly. Very bassy. I was listening to the Tampa show at the gym tonight and went through just about every setting on the EQ and was never really happy with the sound.

Since they are charging upwards of $17 per show they need tom come a little stronger with the production quality.
    Tampa, IMO, is the worst out of the bunch- but then again, $16.99 isn't bad at all for what you get. I think people on here, that have not heard too many boots, are expecting it to sound like a studio album. I don't know- I'm just tired of seeing all of the complaining going on in other threads- I'm not talking about you, TB Rival- I'm agreeing with you
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    my Columbia boot. Love, love, love it.

Go back through the 15 threads from the last two weeks to read all the bitching and moaning about the boots. Then, enjoy yours. :)

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    Heimlich08 wrote:
    I just purchased one of the Bootleg cds and was wondering how the quality of sound is. Since it is their official bootleg cds I assume they are pretty good but Id like some opinions from people who already bought them. Thanks

I love the sound quality and enjoy the fact that each sounds different. It could be a lot worse, if they did not release any of these everyone would be stuck with audience recordings. I feel lucky whenever they release anything.
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    I got the columbia show and I will have to agree with TB Rival.Some tracks sound really good some dont,I ended up ripping mine on to itunes and then i put it on my ipod and it sounds alot better.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    LukinFan wrote:
    Tampa, IMO, is the worst out of the bunch- but then again, $16.99 isn't bad at all for what you get. I think people on here, that have not heard too many boots, are expecting it to sound like a studio album. I don't know- I'm just tired of seeing all of the complaining going on in other threads- I'm not talking about you, TB Rival- I'm agreeing with you
    yup...I have a bag full of old bootleg cassette tapes from the 80's-90's that I had to drive to get to that sounded like c-rap but I appreciated someone took the time to create. utter crap, but you take what you can get
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?