Options

hartford will call line

jmd88pjjmd88pj Posts: 11
edited June 2008 in The Porch
WTF is up with this line? Ridiculous that its moving this slowly. Please don't start at 9:15!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    you need to stay in line
    and quit running back to your house to get on the message board!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    jcckjcjcckjc Posts: 91
    jmd88pj wrote:
    WTF is up with this line? Ridiculous that its moving this slowly. Please don't start at 9:15!

This same thing happened at one of the last Gorge shows. The majority of the 10C missed Wash. You'd think Santos would be a little helper and relay the message that the real fans (10C) aren't in yet :)
  • Options
    It's called a BlackBerry....welcome to the 20th, I mean 21st century.
  • Options
    Most of the lower bowl is still in line...
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    That is why the window opens at around 2:30-3.... get there early :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
    A confession. I cut in the Gorge line. I came up from Arizona and I wasn't gonna miss any songs and I didn't. I didn't cut the second day. Sorry
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    No line for me at WPB,,Tampa,,MSG 1, MSG 2.....
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Are there people still waiting?!?
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    That is why the window opens at around 2:30-3.... get there early :)

It's tough being employed some times...
  • Options
    RiotActRiotAct Posts: 56
    What a nightmare today. First the traffic leaving NYC to get to Hartford was terrible. Got checked into our hotel and cleaned up quick before walking to the venue. Got in line at 8:45pm to pick up our tickets and the line was literally a half mile long. We finally got our tickets after missing 10 songs and there was still a line behind us. And after all this the 10C was so kind to give us "LIMITED VIEW" tickets. This club is regressing big time over the years. They need to realize this is the 21st century and there really is no need to stand 2 hours in line to pick up tickets when they take our money 3 months in advance and we get a ROI months later and miss half a show.

I think Fuckin Up was played for the 10C tonight. Thanks again for wasting my time/money today and the LIMITED VIEW tickets.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    RiotAct wrote:
    What a nightmare today. First the traffic leaving NYC to get to Hartford was terrible. Got checked into our hotel and cleaned up quick before walking to the venue. Got in line at 8:45pm to pick up our tickets and the line was literally a half mile long. We finally got our tickets after missing 10 songs and there was still a line behind us. And after all this the 10C was so kind to give us "LIMITED VIEW" tickets. This club is regressing big time over the years. They need to realize this is the 21st century and there really is no need to stand 2 hours in line to pick up tickets when they take our money 3 months in advance and we get a ROI months later and miss half a show.

I think Fuckin Up was played for the 10C tonight. Thanks again for wasting my time/money today and the LIMITED VIEW tickets.
    Im suprised your username isnt what hapened out there...or is it?
    I read on the other thread fences were knocked down and ambulances and firetrucks, cops in Riot gear rushed to the venue
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    stickboy wrote:
    Im suprised your username isnt what hapened out there...or is it?
    I read on the other thread fences were knocked down and ambulances and firetrucks, cops in Riot gear rushed to the venue

Whoa!!
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Whoa!!
    yea thats what someone posted on the htfd setlist thread on GTF
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    It certainly did happen. I took spray pretty heavy for NO reason at all. The fence was already down and we just walked over it to get to the road. Freakin nuts!!!
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    yea thats what someone posted on the htfd setlist thread on GTF

It was bad man, complete & utter mess. I walked in just in time,. I never seen anything like that and Hartford has a bad rep

tho the show was amazing.
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    RiotAct wrote:

I think Fuckin Up was played for the 10C tonight.

Right on. I totally said that to my best friend when they played that.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    if the tickets were posted out in advance then there wouldn't be this problem.

feel for the guys who missed half the show tonight. how can you not. that would suck. sorry guys/gals.
  • Options
    jimbeejimbee Posts: 81
    shall we ASS-U-ME Hartford fans are worse than Camden fans?!?!?!
    * Friends don't let friends use MP3 *
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    jimbee wrote:
    shall we ASS-U-ME Hartford fans are worse than Camden fans?!?!?!
    No
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    It certainly did happen. I took spray pretty heavy for NO reason at all. The fence was already down and we just walked over it to get to the road. Freakin nuts!!!

Did I read that right, you were pepper sprayed? That is horrible. These security people at venues are just the lowest form of life. Seriously, how small does your penis have to be that you need to pepper spray people for no reason to get your kicks?

Although, I would probably take a full can of mace to the face if it meant I could hear In Hiding and Immortality.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    People knock down a fence to the stadium and wonder why they have to deal with the Police? They have doors you can walk out people. Crazy I had no idea any of this was going on. I had fun and I am pepper spray free.
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    BeerBaron wrote:
    There were 4,800 10C seats to this show.
    Where'd you get that number?
  • Options
    nykoellenykoelle Posts: 80
    I got there in line around 8:20. Waited till 10:00 for my tickets. Pissed.

the crowd where I was at was somber as hell too, it was hard to get into the show. Quite a few of them I recognized from the line. My friend and I made a somber life pact to NEVER go to that arena again. Parking was a nightmare, driving signs were a nightmare. If Pearl Jam was playing their last show ever there, I wouldn't go. If John Lennon's corpse was playing there, I wouldn't go. F that place.

I got in during Not for You. Ironic, no? From what I heard of the rest of the show, the setlist was great. Wish the surrounding events made it more enjoyable. I barely waited at MSG and I got there only about 40 minutes before PJ was scheduled to go on. Every show I've been to up to this one I've never waited this long and I've never gotten there at 3 or something ridiculous for tickets. Most people work till 5.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I got there early, no problems, no line at the 10c window, but then again, it WAS 5pm. At 8:00 hubby and I were just staring at that line you guys were in, and we couldn't believe how it was just NOT moving at all. I feel for you guys that got there late, they should have a better system, but at the same time, isn't PJ worth getting there early for? I took the whole day off so I wouldn't have any problems.
  • Options
    BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    I got there at like 720 ish and only had a 10 minute wait at most
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    maybe thats why noone was next to me for the first half of the show
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    Now I know why the Whalers left that piece of shit city.
  • Options
    zadarszadars Posts: 24
    This is a copy of the email that I sent to the Venue and to the 10c. This show destroyed 9 years of wonderful concerts for me, because now I am afraid for the first time ever to attend another show. Here's the email:
    Hello, I am a 10c member that ran into problems at Hartford. As I have been to many, many shows, via the 10c before, I was for the lack of better words, heartbroken in Hartford, regarding the 10c line.

I was in line at 7:52,(we would have gotten there sooner, but they said they were out of handicapped parking, and we had to walk for a long while, and I'm sorry but, I walk REALLY slow now). By now, the line for the fan club tickets was already WAY out into the SCARY parking lot. Where we then had to endure VERY drunken people, peeing everywhere, and broken glass as far as the eyes could see.

Being a disabled fan has never concerned me before, because I always had faith and trust in the "Pearl Jam family" of fans. However, this was the first time to ANY show where I felt my personal safety was at stake. At one point a VERY DRUNK man fell on me, and knocked me to the ground. Even though I showed my disabled ID, and was walking with a cane, asking the venue staff to see if I could pick up my tickets and go inside was denied. I was even accused of FAKING it, to try and get in!

I, (along with MANY HUNDREDS of other dedicated fans), were then forced to stand in the line, for almost TWO HOURS. Then, well after the band took the stage, we then again feared for my safety, when the band came on, (and there were literally still, HUNDREDS of fans online), people started pushing and shoving each other, (not too hard, but enough to again question my safety), trying to get the line moving. I actually had an "escape" plan from the line, to duck out behind the ambulances, if it got too rough). When I finally got my tickets, and got into the venue, it was now, during the last notes of Daughter.

Now, not only was I in massive amounts of pain from standing, but I was also in tears, that I missed MOST of the show. People have said, "that at least we got to see part of the show, and to be cool with it. But, how can you go to a show and be treated like this, and then "enjoy", the part that we got to see. I honestly was in tears. There was no enjoying the part that I saw. That would be like coming into a movie an hour late. ?Seriously, how could ANYBODY try and enjoy that movie? When the guy next to us, showed us the set list that he was keeping, it brought me down even more, now knowing what incredible songs I missed, while waiting in that God awful line.

My best friend, and I take our vacation time, away from our families, and center it around the tour. Having traveled to Canada to see the band, this was not unusual for us. But with gas at 4.25 a gallon, and the ticket prices going up so much, (which I understand totally, it's got to be a huge chunk of bucks to take a band like PJ, on the road). For us, it was going to be a special, but expensive, vacation.

We traveled from Camden to NYC, to Hartford, only to have an ending like this, to an otherwise perfect trip, and tour. Can somebody PLEASE answer my questions as to how, and why the 10c fans, were treated, like we were, in Hartford? I have always felt special being a 10c member, and make sure that my dues are paid each year, so I don't lose my number, and have first shot at the tickets.

(That being said too, in NYC for night two, we were given tickets to the VERY TOP section of the Garden. Even with disabled seating, why this was done, I don't understand given that my number is in the 212's. But, it was cool, we at least SAW, a great show.)

It's just that the "boys", don't come around, as much as all of us die hard fans, would like them too. And seeing them, has ALWAYS been something special, for me and my friend. It's "our thing". So, the disappointment of missing one of the best shows on the tour, is more than I can express. It's been three days, and I haven't even been able to talk about it until now.

The night has left me wondering whether being a 10c member, still means something. A fan, should never have to miss, almost an entire show. Nor fear for their safety, by being forced to wait in a parking lot, full of people, that are only there to party, and get drunk. They, are not the REAL fans of the band. When the drunks actually laughed at the fans and called us LOSERS, while flashing their tickets at us, it left me feeling humiliated beyond words.

I know that you, yourselves, didn't have control of this situation. BUT, SOMEBODY from the road crew, should have seen what what transpiring outside, with the fan club line, before it got so out of control. Pearl Jam shows were always very special to me, yet now, the only thing that I can remember out of five shows, from this tour, is this horrible night. How did this happen?

Now, I am actually frightened, to attend another show. With all the things in the past, that the band has gone through, (regarding people being safe at their shows), 10c members, should not have been placed in such a situation. The situation in Hartford, was a very close call for me. I have had fourteen back surgeries, and really cannot afford to have drunk people falling on me, and knocking me to the ground.

It was so bad that, that for the first time ever, I am now afraid, of attending a Pearl Jam show, (in case this happens again). I always felt safe being in with people, that know how important it is to remain "cool" at a show. Ten club members have always looked out for each other. Even Ed, asks folks to take care of their neighbors, and keep each other safe.

Yet, on this night, the frustration factor was so high, (because of that line), tempers were starting to flare, and people were upset. If the people in the line were not Pearl Jam fans, I know, that as soon as the first notes were played, (while we were on line), they would have lunged forward, even more than they did, and I know, that I would have gotten hurt. I am a pretty small woman, and (being only 5ft tall, and 100lbs), I would have literally been a speed bump, for them, to ram and step over, while trying to get in before they missed anymore tunes.

I don't know what else to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, except that it was, and is just very sad.

Caron B.
    10c number 212***
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Sorry I know I'm gonna piss some people off for this, but I kind of see a half hour to an hour before show time kind of insane to pick up tickets... I can see if you have a valid excuse like the post above me but some people just waited too fucking long to pick the tix up...

I work too, but I got permission that day to leave at noon (really I left @ 1), I was in Hartford by 5 o'clock... checked into my hotel and took a cab over to the venue from there... was @ the venue by 5:30ish...

There were maybe 4-5 people in the 10c line... and I just walked up and got my tickets...

I'm not sure if it was people who were tailgating all going to pick up the tix at once or what, but there was not a line like that ALL day...

Also, my tickets were handed to me rather quickly, less than 20 seconds... so I dunno what the hold up was... maybe understaffed?

And the Hartford PD is awful... they ALWAYS pepper spray PJ fans.