Options

Perth tickets EV solo

beanflybeanfly Posts: 3
edited March 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
So, apparently Eddie is graciously stopping by sunny Perth now. Just wondering how to get tickets as nothing has changed on the Chugg website??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    beanfly wrote:
    So, apparently Eddie is graciously stopping by sunny Perth now. Just wondering how to get tickets as nothing has changed on the Chugg website??
    did 10c announce the show?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Please, please, please be true!! Otherwise it's brissy for me!
    Fleur
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So it's confirmed that there will be NO Perth EV show after all :-(
    The thing I don't understand is they said it was not possible to add another show at the end of the tour and now they have gone and added an extra show in Adleaide!!! Why couldn't he just come across to Perth then instead of playing another Adelaide concert?
    Dear WA Eddie Vedder fans,

Contrary to recent reports in the Perth media, there is no Western Australia show scheduled for Eddie Vedder.

Comments made by Michael Chugg with regard to Eddie Vedder performing in Perth were unfortunately misleading. We have been looking into adding a Perth show since before any of the tour dates were announced, but we were not able to confirm these dates due to scheduling difficulties. The intention of the comments made in Chugg's interview was to let the WA fans know that it was always our hope to add Perth shows, and that we had been working on it, but at this point in time it was not possible.

Michael Chugg wanted everyone to know that Eddie was aware of the support from Perth fans, and that he appreciates their efforts in putting together petitions and writing to the Chugg Entertainment office and to Pearl Jam management, but that this would not be a deciding factor, it would all come down to scheduling.

We apologise for any confusion that these media stories may have caused.

Regards,
    Chugg Entertainment
  • Options
    FP116111 wrote:
    The thing I don't understand is they said it was not possible to add another show at the end of the tour and now they have gone and added an extra show in Adleaide!!! Why couldn't he just come across to Perth then instead of playing another Adelaide concert?

dates are often kept spare in tour intineraries for multiple shows in a city. the monday date wouldve been pencilled in before the tour was even announced and based on how well the first show sold. as it sold out in 10min and had hardly any tickets available to the general sale on friday "due to a significant amount of holds and presale sales", it was an easy descision to let the monday show go ahead. i'm sure they didnt just decide on the spot at 915 on friday to add the 2nd show out of nowhere and decide to snub perth. multiple shows in a city is where the money is made! when there's no travel and set up costs for the second/third show, it brings the profit margins up nicely... especially when youre only playing to 1500-2200 people a night.

organising a tour is dependent on so many variables and bartering. i remember when coldplay had a 2 day window to play adelaide on the way from melbourne to perth in 09. but the only suitable venue for their show was the entertainment centre and it was already booked for "high school musical". subsequently, coldplay skipped adelaide. so if ed's on a tight schedule on when he can arrive and when he can leave, there's not much else a touring company can do. they just have to work a deal so everyone's happy with how much they make from x amount of shows in a given period of time.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    Old thread, I know....but felt it was most appropriate for my request.

Does anyone have 1 (or 2) spare(s) for either night 1 or 2 at Perth?? At face value, of course. Pls PM me or reply here ASAP. Thank you for any help!!
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
  • Options
    sickofit wrote:
    Old thread, I know....but felt it was most appropriate for my request.

Does anyone have 1 (or 2) spare(s) for either night 1 or 2 at Perth?? At face value, of course. Pls PM me or reply here
    ASAP. Thank you for any help!!

I have one 10c spare for both Perth shows, if you're still looking. PM if you're still keen. Thanks.
    2003: Melb x3, Perth
    2006: Bris x2, Melb x3, Perth
    2009: Perth, Adel, Melb, Syd
    2011: EV Bris x2, Syd x2, Melb x2, Perth x2
    2013: Seattle
    2014: BDO Syd, Adel
    2014: EV Melb