Shameless on Showtime

Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else been checking out this new show on showtime? I had the first 4 recorded and I blew through them the other day. It's pretty damn funny. William H. Macy is great....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I absolutely adore that show! I love Joan Cusack's character, she's so crazy and she plays it so well. The look that she gets in her eyes is so f*ing scary. Like she would kill you with a knife or something. Episode 3 when they adopt "Aunt Virginia" I was in tears when they had to bring her back it was so sad. I really felt for Debbie because all she wants is structure and even though they lied, cheated and stole their structure it was taken from her. The girl that plays Debbie steals every scene that she's in. I love it because it's so messed up but real, gritty and over the top at the same time. I wish they didn't show so much of Karen's tits to Frank that's just messed up. My boyfriend and I watched one of the episodes together and absolutely loved it.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Aga81Aga81 Posts: 808
    Hi. There is no Shameless in TVin my coutry but fortunately we have Internet :) I'm watching this series every week. I love it. Well I haven't seen the british version - but this one is awesome. Like Emmy very much, Justin as well. The story is not unique but... It's sometimes funny, sometimes sad... exactly look like real life :) I hope I will be able to wach second season as well. If not I will be so disappointed. You're lucky cuz you can watch in TV - I have to wait till next day find it somewhere but it doesn't matter - I'm a big fan... What do ya think abt 10 episode and Monica??
    Some may ask, "Why act now? Why not wait? - The answer is clear. The world could wait no longer

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    i have heard only good things about this show. been meaning to watch but keep forgetting.

something about william h macy rubs me the wrong way though. don't get me wrong. i am well aware of how great an actor he is. but his mannerisms and voice just irritate me for some reason. that's probably why i haven't flocked to this one yet.

but showtime produces some pretty awesome tv these days. gotta give it a go soon.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    i have heard only good things about this show. been meaning to watch but keep forgetting.

something about william h macy rubs me the wrong way though. don't get me wrong. i am well aware of how great an actor he is. but his mannerisms and voice just irritate me for some reason. that's probably why i haven't flocked to this one yet.

but showtime produces some pretty awesome tv these days. gotta give it a go soon.

Yeah, you should definitely check this one out.
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    I love this show.
    Cast very well & Funny as sh*t.
    My favorite show on tv right now
    Gibson1972

I think that's why hes great in thins one :) some drunk dude - he sutis perfectly :)
    Some may ask, "Why act now? Why not wait? - The answer is clear. The world could wait no longer

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited March 2011
    I love the original show (we are currently on series 8 in the UK) ... I understand they have pretty much stuck to the original scripts ... have been thinking about trying to catch one of the US shows but not sure if it will work as I would already know what is going to happen :?
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    the one and only, Frank.

Watch%2BShameless%2BSeason%2B7%2BEpisode%2B4%2B-%2BEpisode%2B4.jpg
    wah
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I love Shameless!

I found the first 4-5 episodes entertaining, but I couldn't get fully "onboard". The last 4 or so episodes have been fantastic!!
    Amazing casting, great acting...though the story can be a little far-fetched/out there at times.

Either way, one of the best new shows on TV for some time!
    I wish they didn't show so much of Karen's tits to Frank that's just messed up.

I see nothing wrong with it. It just shows how she's a manipulative girl who will use whatever means necessary to get what she wants. Besides, Frank didn't do anything.
    Also, the chick that plays her is like 23, and I think she's pretty damn hot! :D
    Not quite as hot as Fiona, but still nice! ;)
    I didn't expect Emmy in such series but she's doing good. I like the whole Gallagher fam - except Frank - this prick has more luck than anyone else... :). I love the last on episode - it was touching - the fight for Liam...

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Great show. I got into it about half way through the season but quickly got up to speed. I have Sundays episode I need to watch tonight. Love it.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    I thought this said shemales on Showtime at first look :oops: :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    It's been last episode this season but did I get it right - next season gonna be next year?? R they kidding?? The whole year waiting? Tell me I'm wrong

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
  • I can't see this show working without the Manchester accents.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
    I really enjoyed the finale!

While I think the show got off to a slow start, it really picked up the second half! Good show!!
    Little chatter of late, but I think this season is phenomenal.
    Sooooo well done! Can't wait for the final two.
    mca47 wrote:
    Little chatter of late, but I think this season is phenomenal.
    Sooooo well done! Can't wait for the final two.

This season has been awesome. This is one of the only shows that I actually watch live and not on DVR. Good stuff.

The one small thing that bothers me though is when you can tell some of the outside scenes are shot in LA and not Chicago.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    Big fan of this show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited March 2012
    My wife and I love this show. We haven't seen this week's episode yet. I'd like to see a little more V and Kevin. I think their characters are hiliarious.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Anyone else been checking out this new show on showtime? I had the first 4 recorded and I blew through them the other day. It's pretty damn funny. William H. Macy is great....

I've watched a few of these shows- they are funny. I've seen some bedroom scenes (funny )... ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Still watching and recording this seazon. Really like the Gallagher's fam :)

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
    I watched the most recent episode last night and to quote Kevin, "Holy Fuck!"
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I watched the most recent episode last night and to quote Kevin, "Holy Fuck!"

I know! That was a great episode on Sunday night. Those last 2 scenes in the kitchen and then at the hospital were pretty powerful. Can't wait to see what happens in the season finale.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Can't wait for Showtime to bring back The Big C and Nurse Jackie.
    Ugh. Now we have to wait for the next season. Great show. A tear came to my eye when Debbs came to Fiona's room the night they came back from the hospital. The show still needs more Kev and V.

Always a plus when you to see Fiona's boobies.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Did someone say boobies? I need to check out this show. :lol: Seriously though, I've been hearing some great things about it.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Ugh. Now we have to wait for the next season. Great show. A tear came to my eye when Debbs came to Fiona's room the night they came back from the hospital. The show still needs more Kev and V.

Always a plus when you to see Fiona's boobies.

Yeah, that scene was pretty tough when Debbie and Carl came into Fiona's room.

The wait for the next season sucks for these shows on cable. You get 10-12 episodes then have to wait 9 months for the new season.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    May be look up the UK series to keep you going ;) Think we are halfway through the 9th season.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    May be look up the UK series to keep you going ;) Think we are halfway through the 9th season.
    Maybe. I heard that one is crazy compared to the US version.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer