Options

Low Balling 10 Members Suck

HailHailLeathermanHailHailLeatherman Posts: 126
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Ok, I am just a little pissed. Was talking to my friend, we are both 10 members and he had to sell some tix (Non-10C) he couldn't use for Thursdays show.

He was being a good guy and could have sold them on some scalper like site but instead he trys to sell them here to fellow fan club people who needed tickets. He was offering face but started getting all these offers well under face and people basically expecting them for freaking free.

Now I get the whole supply and demand thing but you know what??? I read thread after thread on this board with people pissing and moaning about....

-Scalping
-Ticketmaster/Stub Hub/Ebay
-Poster Price Gouging
-10C member Scalping

To hear these are the same people who try to lowball a good guy trying sell his tickets for face value ticks me off. This also makes me think they are no different then scumbag scalpers.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,754

To hear these are the same people who try to lowball a good guy trying sell his tickets for face value ticks me off. This also makes me think they are no different then scumbag scalpers.

If you have a product that isn't in high demand for what you're asking (even if it's face value), then you have to sell it for less. Such is life.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    do your balls hang low?
    do they wobble to and fro?
    can you tie them in a knot?
    can you tie them in a bow?
    can you throw them o'er your shoulder
    like a continental soldier?
    do your balls hang low?
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867
    I've tried to give away multiple tickets on this site for different bands including the foo fighters... with no takers at all...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    If you have a product that isn't in high demand for what you're asking (even if it's face value), then you have to sell it for less. Such is life.

is that like the housing market? :(
    model role model
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,818
    Low balling..High balling....Ya gotta face the fact there's no way of making these selfish bastards happy....For better or worse, there will always be someone bitching away.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,221
    Ok, I am just a little pissed. Was talking to my friend, we are both 10 members and he had to sell some tix (Non-10C) he couldn't use for Thursdays show.

He was being a good guy and could have sold them on some scalper like site but instead he trys to sell them here to fellow fan club people who needed tickets. He was offering face but started getting all these offers well under face and people basically expecting them for freaking free.

Now I get the whole supply and demand thing but you know what??? I read thread after thread on this board with people pissing and moaning about....

-Scalping
    -Poster Price Gouging
    -10C member Scalping

Which is why I always offfer to pay face value plus fees. So, the seller at least, breaks even.
    And there ARE Pearl Jam Fans out there that will look for tickets... ask what your membership number is and keep looking til they find a lower number... but, ask you to reamin in limbo while they decide. Kind of shitty... in my book.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    its happening because there are a lot of tickets available for face-people couldnt give them away Monday night.

people asking for a miracle?
    another similarity to the dead

hahahahahahaha
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    Low balling..High balling....Ya gotta face the fact there's no way of making these selfish bastards happy....For better or worse, there will always be someone bitching away.
    pretty much...i got screwed over by someone on the pit who stood me up on monday night, and I got yelled at by various people on here for a million things (which i happened to have done them all, but there's no point in defending yourself to deaf ears)

people are so self righteous...just shrug it off and know you're a better person...
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,020
    quit your f'n complaining- at least your friend got to see Ed solo- I'm sure you didn't have to travel far to see him. I'd pay for 2 tickets for a chance to see him locally if that's what it took
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,874
    no matter where you go, large groups of people will always have a jag or 20, so don't be surprised. Just delete email and sell them to someone for face. Most people on this board are awesome, but there are always a few who ruin it for all
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    Lowballing people is the same as scalping...both actions take advantage of the actual market value of the ticket.
  • Options
    hasigawahasigawa Posts: 55

very true point on this however I was selling earlier and people were offering me $50 for a pair......

(before you kill me for selling, I am a victim of the economy and haven't worked for 4 months and my prego wife's b-day is the next day and she wasn't happy with me going so i figured i was better off to sell on here for face value to another fan who would enjoy the tickets while i sat all night watching the setlist updates in misery)
  • Options
    hasigawahasigawa Posts: 55
    oh and i don't think i'm affiliated to the guy who started this thread............
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    i'm not even gonna get started on this one... there's nothing wring with submitting and offer below face. he wants to get rid of them, they are helping him.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    i'm not even gonna get started on this one... there's nothing wring with submitting and offer below face. he wants to get rid of them, they are helping him.

so if someone scalps a ticket, it can be argued that the seller is assisting the buyer as well.

If someone expects to only pay face value for a ticket from a fellow member (no matter how hight the market value of the ticket), they shouldn't expect to pay less then face value as a result of a soft ticket market.
  • Options
    Kathy BKathy B Posts: 7
    The problem is the scum sucking scalpers grapped up all the tickets thinking that they were going to make a killing.... they gambled and lost ! I love to see it when the scalpers take a beating.

Unfortunately your friend who was trying to do the right thing, got caught up in that.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,754
    hasigawa wrote:
    very true point on this however I was selling earlier and people were offering me $50 for a pair......

that sucks but that's really how it goes...and it should go. I don't know when you tried to sell them, but if it was close to the show and you were "trying to get rid of them," then people have every right to give you a low-ball offer like that. $50 for a pair is weak but that's when you have to knock $10 off of face value in an attempt to negotiate. If he's not willing to, tell him to fuck off and try to sell it to someone else.

hasigawa wrote:
    (before you kill me for selling, I am a victim of the economy and haven't worked for 4 months and my prego wife's b-day is the next day and she wasn't happy with me going so i figured i was better off to sell on here for face value to another fan who would enjoy the tickets while i sat all night watching the setlist updates in misery)

victim of the economy...haven't worked in months...wife's birthday coming up...

I have to bluntly say man, GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!! Sell them here for face value? why? to make another "jammer" happy? because you've seen threads with people complaining about scalpers? You could have made some much needed cash selling them on a ticket site or eBay.

"You can't save someone from drowning if you're treading water yourself."

---Eddie Vedder
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    do your balls hang low?
    do they wobble to and fro?
    can you tie them in a knot?
    can you tie them in a bow?
    can you throw them o'er your shoulder
    like a continental soldier?
    do your balls hang low?

LMAO!!!!!! one more time!!!!!
  • Options
    ehcancehcanc Posts: 179
    How much does he want and where are the tix?
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothings changed.

8/12/92 - NJ, 9/28/96 - NY, 9/8/98 - NJ, 9/10/98 - NY, 8/23/00 - NY, 7/8/03 - NY, 7/14/03 - NJ, 5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/12/06 - NY, 6/1/06 - NJ1, 4/12/08 - ED IN LA !, 6/27/08 - CT, 8/4/08 - ED in NYC !!!
  • Options
    LMAO!!!!!! one more time!!!!!

MORE COW BELL !!!!

8/12/92 - NJ, 9/28/96 - NY, 9/8/98 - NJ, 9/10/98 - NY, 8/23/00 - NY, 7/8/03 - NY, 7/14/03 - NJ, 5/4/06 - Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/12/06 - NY, 6/1/06 - NJ1, 4/12/08 - ED IN LA !, 6/27/08 - CT, 8/4/08 - ED in NYC !!!
  • Options
    I just got booted of the Tampa Bay Bucs message board for some unknown reason so I'm on a roll.

However, I was at NY1 on Monday and the thought of going tomorrow INTERESTS me ... but not in the last row for $200 per ticket.

• Options
    i would like everyone to realize that this is a different HailHail than I

thanks,
    HHV

hahahaha i dig what your saying but its just supply and demand, i mean personally I would pay face value but if it was any other band, i would be doing the same thing, getting something for the least out of my pocket
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options

-Scalping
    -Poster Price Gouging
    -10C member Scalping

Just because one person does one thing on the website doesn't mean we are all like that... Some people are asshole, some are not. Unless the you know for sure that it was the same people that were lowballing were the same exact people posting about gouging and scalping...please dont make generalization.

Just say no to the assholes and move on, you will find a genuine person...but it is true alot of people have lost money on this tour.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    This happens all the time, just like someone said earlier, all the greedy ticket brokers buy up all the tickets thinking they are going to make a killing. The show then "sells out", but it's not really sold out, just a bunch of ticket brokers have a LARGE amount of tickets thinking they are going to triple their profit.

Then as it gets closer to the day of the show and they are stuck with all these tickets and people stay home in droves because they don't want to go to a "sold out" show and have to deal with scalpers at the venue. So you have scalpers out in front of the venue with 3 to 4 times more tickets than people looking for tickets. So you have two choices, sell the extra ticket for what you can or eat the whole cost of the ticket.

I saw Phish at The Gorge in 2003 when they came back from their hiatus, my friend and I both mail ordered thinking it would be a hard ticket. Well we both got tickets so we had extras, people were offering us about $15.00 per ticket, I said no. As we got closer to the gates someone offered me $5.00 and said I could take it or eat my cost of the ticket, I showed him the ticket and put it in my pocket and told him I was going inside the show with my ticket in my pocket.

I still have that unused ticket in my ticket stub collection, I can maybe sell it on Ebay for $10.00 right now........
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    ehcanc wrote:
    MORE COW BELL !!!!
    You want more COW BELL? here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSkRHXTKlw
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Kathy B wrote:
    The problem is the scum sucking scalpers grapped up all the tickets thinking that they were going to make a killing.... they gambled and lost ! I love to see it when the scalpers take a beating.

Unfortunately your friend who was trying to do the right thing, got caught up in that.

bingo!
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Lowballing people is the same as scalping...both actions take advantage of the actual market value of the ticket.

If you can get a ticket below face that becomes the market value.

Let the free market rule!
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Cob wrote:
    As we got closer to the gates someone offered me $5.00 and said I could take it or eat my cost of the ticket, I showed him the ticket and put it in my pocket and told him I was going inside the show with my ticket in my pocket.

I still have that unused ticket in my ticket stub collection, I can maybe sell it on Ebay for $10.00 right now........

Besides... depending on the situation... an unused ticket can be an awesome way to

#1 go out to the car and stash your merch.

#2 move rather freely around the venue. (Or at least have two very distinct vantage points from which to see the band.Or considering the people on THIS board... You can move your seat when the people around you start bugging the crap out of you because they have to use the bathroom or some other *crazy* thing-Like you don't like how they cheer for songs or something.)

$10 is worth it to have the freedom to do those things. As is $20 IMO.